Closed Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My god there's a lot of bitch-assery complaining about a show that has been nothing but awesome so far. I haven't even read the Manga but even I could tell there's more to Eren's "superpower" then him just being the big damn hero. Hell, when you get down to it, he's not even the only one who's "suped" up, Mikasa has borderline super powers, as does the neat-freak recon kid as they're far more capable then normal humans when it comes to killing these things.

Even the Titans have been shown to possess their own Super Powers, both the Colossal and Armored Titans are apparently one of a kind super Titans that only seemed to care about breaching the wall and then vanishing into nothing. Without something more then just the same old "throw people at them and hope for the best" tactics humanity has been using for over 100 years, there would be NO way to progress in the story.

This current crop of recruits isn't anymore special then the previous ones from the past 100 years, so there wouldn't be much of a catalyst for change in the world's status quo. They made a big deal how humans have ONLY won ONE battle in the 100+ years of the Titan's existence, mainly because of Eren's "super power". And he didn't even actually fight anything, he was basically playing the part of a cargo truck while everyone around him acted as defense and decoys. So even with this "super power" they had to come up with a clever way to make good use of it other then simply having him go single-handedly kill every other Titan in the town. There's also the fact that this power is clearly killing Eren slowly and that it's harder for him to return from the Titan state after each transformation, so I can't see it being the one and only tactic they use for fighting other Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Edit: point I just thought of that now bugs me. They have cannons mounted on the wall that can point straight down. A cannon is probably the least effective anti-siege weapon when something is AT the wall. Where's the burning oil being poured down the walls? Or the pitfalls dug right at the perimeter? Or anything clever whatsoever?

Annoying.
    Then you're annoyed by things that have actually been explained in the show. There were pitfalls around the gate, they didn't help much. Also, what good would hot oil do against things that can regenerate almost instantly? The Titans have all of one known weak-point and hot oil or heavy rocks or any other conventional siege tactics are capable of hitting that weak point effectively. The only reasons the cannons work is because they're firing high explosive shells that can actually destroy the weak spot with enough sustained fire. If anything, being able to fire directly down with the cannons gives them an even bigger advantage to most other weaponry as it gives them a better angle at the back of the Titan's necks.

Also, the inner wall was never intended to be involved in such extreme siege combat, they went 100 years with just the outer wall working just fine as their main defense. It wasn't until the unexpected breach of the wall by two super-powered Titans that they realized they needed to add defenses to the second wall. And with the 5 years they had to work with, cannons on rails and pitfalls near the gate were the best they could come up with.

I marathoned all 13 current eps in one sitting after finding out about this show, and I really want to see more of it. I'm tempted to grab the comics, but as others said, the presentation of the Anime makes it a far more visceral experience. I'm sure I'll grab the comics in time...but I'm not sure if I should wait until after the show ends (in case it DOES have a different Anime ending) or just go spoil all the fun to see what happens while getting the details the anime was forced to skip over.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And another long ass month to wait.

Spoiler: show
    Red flag for Hannes just popped up...

Banned.

BG Level

So, the wall titans are a human/titan mix used as bricks to build the walls and protect humans from pure titans, the human titan mixed tribe wants to retrieve their comrades and Eren probably killed his own mother. And suddendly being out in the open vs lots of titans is irrelevant (only one casuality).

7.5/10

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    So, the wall titans are a human/titan mix used as bricks to build the walls and protect humans from pure titans, the human titan mixed tribe wants to retrieve their comrades and Eren probably killed his own mother. And suddendly being out in the open vs lots of titans is irrelevant (only one casuality).

7.5/10
    How can he kill his own mother when he, Armin, Mikasa and that police guy was dragging him away as he watched a titan eat her alive?

His father though, that's definitely a possibility

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

7.5/10
    nvm

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    How can he kill his own mother when he, Armin, Mikasa and that police guy was dragging him away as he watched a titan eat her alive?

His father though, that's definitely a possibility
    I wasn't making sense at that point honestly, my whole explanation seems far fucking fetched as is.

Ymir has been outside of the wall for 60 years???
    There are different Titan tribes, with Bertholt, Reiner and Annie all one group, and Ymir is part of a different unknown group

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

7.5/10
    Did I miss an episode, or is this stuff from the manga?

Supertitanpower is a shit plot device and shit writing. Show/manga had much more potential going into it.
    Hope I'm not reigniting a shitstorm, but this was foreshadowed throughout the entire anime. Specifically with the flashbacks of meeting his father, and the hints of his father experiments on Mikasa giving her super strength/control. You very easily, and very early on, saw that this show wasn't going to be humans using only leet skillz and tactics to struggle against titans.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yo, use spoiler tags you fags.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Yo, use spoiler tags you fags.
    Fixed. But seeing as I don't watch this let me know if I missed any.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Heard this week's ep was a recap and didn't bother watching

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

100% true. All recap.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    Ymir has been outside of the wall for 60 years???
    There are different Titan tribes, with Bertholt, Reiner and Annie all one group, and Ymir is part of a different unknown group

I wouldn't say she's from a 3rd group although it's possible she's lying. She was just a regular titan until she ate the other kid and whatever he had that let him control his titan form got passed onto Ymir. Her age however is pretty significant since it means she might be a 1st or 2nd generation post-titan human. Even if she was little when she got changed she's heard more knowledge about the conflict and the history of mankind before she was turned than everyone else in series barring royal family members and their info might be watered down.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post

I wouldn't say she's from a 3rd group although it's possible she's lying. She was just a regular titan until she ate the other kid and whatever he had that let him control his titan form got passed onto Ymir. Her age however is pretty significant since it means she might be a 1st or 2nd generation post-titan human. Even if she was little when she got changed she's heard more knowledge about the conflict and the history of mankind before she was turned than everyone else in series barring royal family members and their info might be watered down.

second, seeing as how her titan form is all jacked out with her deformed body shape compared to erin and the others.

that makes me wonder if the furry titan would be the legit first gen. just with primitive developed brain (plant of the apes~)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

colossal worm

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    colossal worm

That was funnier than it had any right to be XD

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...lated-for-2014

Attack on Titan Video Game Slated for 2014
    Attack on Titan producer George Wada said at Anime Expo that the previously revealed Attack on Titan video game is planned for release next year.

Strategy & Partners already launched a social game, Shingeki no Kyojin -Hangeki no Tsubasa- (Attack on Titan: The Wings of Counterattack, pictured right), on the GREE mobile platform. However, the official Twitter account for the original manga revealed in April that there is also a console or portable video game planned.

Hajime Isayama's manga series depicts the battles between humans and the giants who now rule the world outside humans' walled enclaves. Isayama launched the series in Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in 2009. The manga has become a sleeper hit, and Kodansha USA is publishing it in North America.

Both Funimation and Crunchyroll are streaming the ongoing anime version as it airs in Japan, and a live-action film version is slated for next year.

Why do I get the feeling that was the Deadpool cosplayer. a

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I wouldn't bet against that.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast