Closed Thread
Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How did I not know about this until now? Holy sweet titty jesus I haven't felt this amped while watching an anime since Death Note and Hellsing Ultimate, combined with the "HOLY CRAP DID THAT JUST HAPPEN" moments of GantZ.

After reading an above post gonna watch up to ep. 7 tonight then take a break. I love that they waste zero time getting to the good stuff, and the character development segments are well-placed. It's refreshing after watching stuff like One Piece that take FOREVER to get going.

EDIT: HOLY WHAT THE- AKLJSHDLKJASHDLKJAHSDLKJH JUST FINISHED EPISODE 8 AND I CAN'T STOP NOW WHAT IN THE HAOSDLKJAHSDLKHJ

EDIT EDIT: EPISODE 9 WHAT IN THE- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS SO GODDAMN AWESOME.

Now you can catch up and with the rest of us while we wait each week.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm stopping after 13 episodes straight so I can get at least some amount of sleep and still have something to look forward to tomorrow.

This show is fantastic and I rarely read manga but I'm going to have to with this one. I can't wait to share this with friends. The base concepts at work in the storyline are great.

The part in ep. 13 where they show a ball of human parts that a titan threw up because they don't have digestive organs really drove home the point that they are literally just killing humans without any reason but extermination or pleasure (as they all tend to have that stupid grin). Was a nice little tidbit to throw in.

Pretty amusing to read that I'm not alone here. Downloaded the first episode on a whim while I was bored last week and I've watched all 18 episodes already.

Going through withdrawals now, and I'll start in on the manga before long. Hot damn, this is some good shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

hmm, if you guys can hold off on the manga, i'd suggest waiting maybe 2-3 episodes. epic stuff is happening that'll be far better animated.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    hmm, if you guys can hold off on the manga, i'd suggest waiting maybe 2-3 episodes. epic stuff is happening that'll be far better animated.
    But then they'll wanna wait 2-3 more episodes and then 2-3 after that.

I'm happy with my decision to add the manga in after episode 18 and then to go back and watch it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I went to read the manga after catching up on episodes (it was around episode 12 at the time) but I find knowing what is about to happen doesn't really take away any viewing pleasure, it really is great when animated.

Month waits between chapters though, no so great ;;

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Someone translated the Prototype, Vol 0, of the manga.

When I wrote this piece, I knew nothing about drawing comics or how to use pens. I feel so embarrassed when I look back on this, but it was essentially the prototype for the "Attack on Titan" we have today. If by some chance you have taken an interest in this, please go ahead and read it.
    http://boards.4chan.org/a/res/91692233

Has spoilers for the manga/show and some insight on what's going on in the manga. Given he kept it there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I don't see Ymir; ergo that picture is trash. At least you remembered to add potato.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Possibly old, but just found this the other day: http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

Camera is a little wonky sometimes in fps/tps mode, but still a lot of fun

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i like this game but i am fucking terrible. no wonder soldiers get eaten all the fucking time, this is hard

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My friend insisted I watch this so we marathoned it over the weekend and then I plowed through the manga monday and tuesday. Now i join the boat of QQs as i wait monthly. I don't really get why people don't like reading the manga first, its not like it takes away from the excitement of seeing fights animated.

I loved every moment of the show and the manga though, the foreshadowing that I missed was crazy after reading through this thread and remembering stuff.

Spoiler: show
    I'm really interested in how Ymir went from being a titan for 60 years to a young human, and the mystery of the hairy titan turning people into titans, especially with Connies village being destroyed but there's no blood anywhere. Even assuming big foot threw some shit into the village to destroy it you would think someone would have been crushed. Idk. So many new questions every time they answer one mystery

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwunk View Post
    then I plowed through the manga monday and tuesday.
    One does not simply plow around these parts son. Not cool.

Well, The Stakes Have Changed, haven't they.

Spoiler: show
    Part of me is kind of hoping that FemTitan isn't Annie; but I don't think that's really the case, since: 1. It looks like her, 2. She's easily unaccounted for, and 3. I think every other single female HAS been accounted for.

That having been said, since Eren and Annie book retain certain resemblances of their human form when Titans, it's not very difficult to figure out that Reiner guy is probably The Armored Titan (buff blonde buzzcuts and all that jazz).

Haven't quite figured out who/if Colossal Titan is somewhere. I'm sort of leaning towards Irvin, though watching the credits there's some dark-haired dude staring at a wall with Annie and Reiner. I don't know who that guy is, or why he should matter, but he's in the credits! So I guess that means something?

Anyway, the show's still interesting I guess. I imagine that might come from the pseudo-mystery that's going on. Nonetheless, the show's tone has certainly toned down the threat of the titans, haven't they. Don't think I'll be reading the manga anytime soon, though.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

wow that's a pretty accurate guess, it will get alot more interesting after female titan arc

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast