Closed Thread
Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

^
    pretty much why I don't watch OPs or Endings until at least halfway through the season. Contains way too any spoilers

Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    ^
    pretty much why I don't watch OPs or Endings until at least halfway through the season. Contains way too any spoilers
    Sometimes it's really stupid, when they released DBZ in Italy the very first lyrics of the opening song talk about Goku dying...well then lol.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I just watched this. It's good, but the people in this universe are fucking stupid. They have no imagination at all. Their fortifications are terrible, their logistics is awful, and they talk about not having enough space and then DONT FUCKING USE THE SPACE THEYVE GOT. Fools.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    Well, The Stakes Have Changed, haven't they.

Spoiler: show
    Part of me is kind of hoping that FemTitan isn't Annie; but I don't think that's really the case, since: 1. It looks like her, 2. She's easily unaccounted for, and 3. I think every other single female HAS been accounted for.

That having been said, since Eren and Annie book retain certain resemblances of their human form when Titans, it's not very difficult to figure out that Reiner guy is probably The Armored Titan (buff blonde buzzcuts and all that jazz).

Haven't quite figured out who/if Colossal Titan is somewhere. I'm sort of leaning towards Irvin, though watching the credits there's some dark-haired dude staring at a wall with Annie and Reiner. I don't know who that guy is, or why he should matter, but he's in the credits! So I guess that means something?

Anyway, the show's still interesting I guess. I imagine that might come from the pseudo-mystery that's going on. Nonetheless, the show's tone has certainly toned down the threat of the titans, haven't they. Don't think I'll be reading the manga anytime soon, though.
    Do we even need spoilers for anime talk?

I guess just in case:

Yeah I figured it's Annie because she was the only one that didn't join the Recon Corps. I would be pleasantly surprised if the writers purposefully use her as a red herring though, I briefly considered it being Armin's mom (iirc Armin never had any direct interactions with Annie, so she had no reason to spare him based on how she didn't give a damn about any of the others) based on her interaction with him but that's a bit of a stretch. I don't think Reiner is the armored titan because she definitely tried to kill him in the very first encounter with her. He was also at odds with her about the whole soldier's honor thing so I don't really think he's a player in all of this. I highly doubt we've even seen who the Colossal Titan is and tbh I don't even think it's a singular person based it's appearance, how it doesn't do anything more than bust the gates and how quickly it disappears.

They need to be careful and not pull a Bleach here though. They started it off with one of the most original concepts for an anime I've ever seen, then layered on some standard shounen cliche to appeal to the masses which is perfectly acceptable as that stuff is a cliche for a reason but if it starts getting to the point where everybody and their mother is secretly a titan (or continuing to add layers to the powers people have) then I'm going to be incredibly disappointed. So far they've managed to keep that initial hopelessness/"wow everybody is going to die" feeling going despite Eren's powers and I hope that continues to be a main part of the show.

EDIT: @Bane: That is largely because of the stupid church that worships the Walls, they prevent any major modifications from being made to the walls (among other things) because they are considered holy sites and their influence has grown rapidly ever since the first wall fell. Which they had no way of preventing.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Monarch is a retard, then. He/she seems to have no problem sending out hundreds of thousands of people to die, but won't execute some religious nuts to improve the fortifications?

idiots, the lot of them.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Monarch is a retard, then.
    Historically, that has generally been the case.

Realism yo.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Like GoT, there are a lot of foreshadowing in this anime, if you pick up the little things that the characters do, it'll lead you to who's who and what's gonna happen.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Metal version of OP1.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I rewatched the series in its entirely.

As I figured, Annie being FemTitan was a distraction. Going back and watching, I am way more confident in my assertion that Reiner is the Armored Titan. I am still up in the air between Irvin and Bertholt, but that's mostly because Irvin does all the talking and Bertholt doesn't do any (let alone have any screen time). I'm inclined to believe Bertholt is the Colossal Titan because of this, though I think the betrayal of Reiner to Bertholt would be waaaaaaaaay more interesting.

After all, when you go back and watch the series as a whole, you get to notice just how many distractions there are from things like: Bertholt being so plain and quiet that he gets lost in the throng of soldiers. Reiner not being the only blonde buzzcut guy. Reiner displaying subtle hints of Hugh Mann syndrome that seem almost natural. Almost every shot of Annie, Reiner, and Bertholt being together. Annie is seemingly remorseful for things that have nothing to do with her.

This does beg the question though why they've infiltrated, why they fight titans, and even fight each other. There's no love lost between Reiner and Annie, after all.

This is some good shit. I appreciate any series that uses anime tropes to hide the truth. Dirty pool indeed.

Nonetheless, I'm going to assume it's too much to hope that Eren is actually dead this time.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Without saying much, you are on to something if you only watch the anime. Even in the manga there were subtle hints and foreshadowing towards things. You just gotta pay extra attention to it.

Latest episode was badass and I enjoyed watching every minute of it past the intro. So good to see this shit animated finally.

And did Talint finally stop bitching about stupid shit? It seems there is yet hope.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Episode 21:
    That fight was sick, going through main characters like crazy now. Eren's not dead, she definitely made the effort to not bite down on him. My guess is she ate him to transport him. Here's hoping he turns into a titan inside her and does the same thing he did to the first titan that ate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Episode 21:
    That fight was sick, going through main characters like crazy now. Eren's not dead, she definitely made the effort to not bite down on him. My guess is she ate him to transport him. Here's hoping he turns into a titan inside her and does the same thing he did to the first titan that ate him.
    Yeah, I figure it's something similar. Having gone back and watched the series, a tidbit you learn is that the digestion of humans by titans isn't actually a thing, and FemTitan very deliberately swallows Eren whole. Eren will be coming back eventually, which is... Eh, whatever.

and...

There's others, but those are the ones that are genuinely funny.

Ep21 is amazing.

Was the SnK x Nichijou OP mashup added?:

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

damnit, everytime I hear the nichijou song, it reminds me of that snoop dogg mashup, that song has been forever ruined for me.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was watching episodes 18-21 while gathering in xiv. During 21 I stopped gathering and fullscreened mpc. Holy shit. Even though I've kept up with the manga and know everything, it doesn't make those Eren rage moments any less epic.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Chp 49 in chinese. English ver should be out eventually

http://kan.weibo.com/con/36193024321...ime=2013090522

Dayman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuneo Okumura
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion