Closed Thread
Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

God DAMMIT is there seriously only 1 episode left?

They better not puss out and give me half an episode of flashbacks. I want an entire episode dedicated to Eren beating the shit out of this ho.

I think my favorite part of this episode was Armin presenting all the evidence, and then Mikasa going, "I'm just saying, the bitch looks like Annie."

Relic Shield
    BG Level

That part was great, but I loved the completely psychotic look she gave Eren when she asked if he had feelings for Annie. Eren had to be pissing his pants right about then.

Quote Originally Posted by Soa View Post
    That part was great, but I loved the completely psychotic look she gave Eren when she asked if he had feelings for Annie. Eren had to be pissing his pants right about then.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well, this was unexpected
    Spoiler: show

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wtf did they do to this episode...

Eren isn't supposed to be a bitch, he's supposed to get his resolve and transform as Mikasa and Armin leave him in the tunnels. None of this being crushed and having annie get caught (albeit to escape immediately again) and mikasa getting injured. I understand they need to drag it out a bit to make it end where we assume it will

With Mikasa and/or Hanji seeing the titan in the wall with Pastor Nick saying it needs to be closed

I guess though if they just went straight with the manga story they probably would have ended on this episode. Idk, makes me feel like the final episode is going to have a lot of filler material, either unique to the anime or with flashbacks, but I don't really see what flashbacks they would use for the coming scenes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Well, this was unexpected
    Not really. There are alot of hints in the manga so far that the royal family in the walls might be the evil ones and the entire city currently looks like a titan factory to me. Since Team Beary(Bert, Eren ,Annie,Reiner,Ymir) all seem to be targeted by normal titans it's safe to assume the modifications they have are used by a faction probably opposing the titans. The titans are really the least evil things in the series as they're basically slaves forced to watch as all of humanity is being eaten.
    The shifters from another perspective could easily be said to be the good guys of the series forced to do horrible things while the scouting legion is a group of people who don't realize they're working for the people they're trying to stop.

I also want to slap that person who said the titans are a metaphor for the evils of eating meat in the comments for being a tard. How the hell did that manage to be the second highest rated comment?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Oh, I don't mean the topic is surprising, the topic is valid.
    It's that, you know, seeing Shingeki No Kyojin pop up in something PBS (despite the Idea Channel stuff being, well, itself. This is the crew that related Homestuck to Ulysses).

And it's still Youtube, regardless of what you're watching. Comments are the way madness lies.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-20-volumes

Attack on Titan Creator Aims to End Manga in 20 Volumes
    Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama revealed that he aims to complete his manga in 20 book volumes. Isayama mentioned this during a discussion with fellow manga creator Hiroki Endo (All-Rounder Meguru, Eden - It's an Endless World!) that East Press published in the November issue of the martial arts magazine Gong Kakutogi on Monday.

Isayama is a well-known fan of martial arts, and Endo's All-Rounder Meguru manga deals with the world of amateur mixed martial arts. Endo discussed the homage he made in the manga to a certain famous match, while Isayama talked about depicting fights in his own manga.

Kodansha published the 11th volume of Attack on Titan in Japan last month, and the series has now sold over 20 million copies. Kodansha Comics is publishing the seventh volume in the United States this month.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I didn't watch that video, because I don't want to spoil myself on the manga stuff and idk if he references that at all, but I always figured the normal Titans weren't really evil. Nothing that stupid can be evil, it just exists. Judging just from the way the unicorns and upper crust has reacted, i've been expecting humans to be the true bad guys all along. and there's a lot of other evidence that suggests that to be the case, as well.

My theory
    The initial attack on the walls in which eren's mother dies is, I believe, an assassination attempt on Eren's father. His father's research obviously reveals the origins of the Titans (he says as much) and the attack arrives mere hours after he leaves. I think that was lucky/smart, on his part. I think it's also why the Armored Titan punched a hole through the second layer right away, to try to catch him before he could make it the rest of the way out. The whole sending the refugees out to die was also an attempt to flush out his father and get him killed. Likewise, the second attack on the walls is an attempt to kill Eren when the ruling bad guys discover he's about to join their enemies, the Recon Corps. That time, the inner gates aren't breached because they already know where Eren is, and can just order him back into the fray.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

More or less ruined the wall reveal. But it's enough to hold over anime only people I guess

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

Episode 25: such a great fight scene. said "Holy Shit" a few time at what happened.

That face crunch Eren did

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

holy shit at Eren's "raging fiery kill everything" titan mode. Had a feeling colossal was gonna make a move since they kept showing shots of the wall towards the end. Final scene confirms that, obviously.

God I hope the wait for season 2 isn't too long. I wanna know what's in that goddamn basement!!!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    holy shit at Eren's "raging fiery kill everything" titan mode. Had a feeling colossal was gonna make a move since they kept showing shots of the wall towards the end. Final scene confirms that, obviously.

God I hope the wait for season 2 isn't too long. I wanna know what's in that goddamn basement!!!

That's not the colossal titan. The studio fucked up the reveals/plot in this episode.
    The walls are titans

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post

That's not the colossal titan. The studio fucked up the reveals/plot in this episode.
    The walls are titans

Wait..what?!

http://itg.emerson.edu/word/wp-conte...T-SHOCKED.jpeg

I watched it again and noticed it did look different, and shorter, than colossal. So they're trapped in the walls? That's fucking crazy. Those theories about the titan shifters being the good guys makes a lot more sense.

I'm so tempted to start the manga now. Really wanted to wait on the anime, but this story is getting good!

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As an anime only person, that episode was everything I could have hoped for and more.

I was expecting Colossal Titan to pop at the end when Armin was watching the ducks fly over the wall, but that reveal was way better. The facts during the intermission immediately had me suspicious that something way bigger was going on. Like maybe the Titans were the ones to originally build the walls or something to that effect. What a perfect ending to the episode. The fight scenes were visceral and had weight behind them. I lost my shit when Annie crushed that whole church full of people. This explains why the higher ups have allowed the church to spread and have power in state matters, because the higher ups in the church are in on everything too. So much foreshadowing in regards to the church origins being suspect, and why they were allowed to grow into such a powerful force. The fact that there were 3 church representatives at Erwin's hearing was super suspect as well.

God DAMN I love this show.

Gonna cave and continue the manga. Where does it correlate to the show closure volume-wise?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Somewhere in the early 30's. Can't remember exactly.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast