Closed Thread
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Essentially the anime is shit. I don't really care to elaborate further but they made a lot of major spoilers that were very well hidden but still foreshadowed in the manga unbelievably obvious in the anime.

Not a fan.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My God...it's full of awesome. I hope for season 2 they'll take the time to hire more people and have a stable animation budget because my god the final episode was Sakuga heaven.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/bd6dc0c8...1e4508e194.gif
    http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/8cc3a06d...9113afe492.gif

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you're going to start the manga, start from chapter 33 (mid-end of episode 24?). The anime fudged around with the ordering of events and everything is a lot clearer in chapter 33/34.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Essentially the anime is shit. I don't really care to elaborate further but they made a lot of major spoilers that were very well hidden but still foreshadowed in the manga unbelievably obvious in the anime.
    lol

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ker this is like the 5th time I've asked on separate occasions:

What's your sig from? You keep giving me cool anime to check out.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Ker this is like the 5th time I've asked on separate occasions:

What's your sig from? You keep giving me cool anime to check out.
    Tokyo Majin. first season(first half) is good but second is awful.

PS edited now to a different anime.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

And to preempt anyone asking, the new sig is from the Escaflowne movie.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't know why people are complaining about the anime ending, it just delayed of a few hours what happens instantly in the manga, which makes perfect sense considering it's a season finale and they can't go on talking about it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    I don't know why people are complaining about the anime ending, it just delayed of a few hours what happens instantly in the manga, which makes perfect sense considering it's a season finale and they can't go on talking about it.
    It has more to do with screwing up the suspense and tone to try and make things look cooler.
    While the fight was indeed awesome it had blatantly made up shit like Eren's fire mode, being capable of beating Annie in a fight, Annie was supposed to be running from the scouting legion instead of Eren, The wall reveal should have been a holy shit moment for everyone and the ultimate hype to anyone who didn't read the manga yet it came out with a whimper that as evidenced in above posts was easily misinterpreted so they completely ruined one of the most dramatic reveals in the series. There's also the matter of the collateral damage being dozens of orders higher to the point that Erwin really shouldn't have managed to live for cocking up the operation that much, Levi being able to use 3d gear when it's a later plot point that he's still out of commission from having to save Misaka and probably quite a few other noticed things.

As it stands Season 2 episode one is going to basically be damage control for how they fucked with events in that one single episode. The damage control might work and all but when you and your audience have to figure out how the hell you fix what you broke at the start it means you dun goofed.

The changes to the fight also changed it from Humanities's victory to Eren's victory while losing the tone of humanity being an underdog. Yes Eren loses his fights alot but that's how we're supposed to feel concerning mankind in general in this. it isn't a tale of mankind finding a superpower and going FUCK YEAH. It's a story of mannkind doing everything it can to scrape a victory and survive when they've already effectively lost.

Levi using maneuver gear doesn't bug me for a couple reasons. First, it's been, what, a month or so since the forest incident? He might not be 100%, but his leg doesn't directly influence his sword swinging, nor does zipping in to carve Eren out really stress a use of the gear.

As for "fire mode" I think a bit too much is being looked into there. Sure, in context you could maybe say it's something special like Annie could crystalize parts of her body, but principally it's been said before that the titans are extremely hot creatures, indicative by the steam they expel when wounded/killed. I would call it much of a stretch to imply Eren's "rage" simply got that all to a magma-like boiling point so that it simply glowed through the skin. If someone's reading into that as him shooting fireballs in the future or something, I dunno.

I'll be reading stuff shortly to make out differences, but for now I'll just take the "STFU canon fags" stance for reasons of adaptation and the abstract possibility that maybe source material didn't get it right in the author's eyes, either. Then hope for a S2 within the next year instead of 2+ from now.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Annie >>>>>>>>>>> Eren

Main differences from manga:

Spoiler: show
    Eren is much more in control, and helps the Scouting Legion who fights Annie. Mikasa also attacks Annie before the awesome wall finger slice because she feels guilty about Levi. Eren and Annie fight like in the anime until Annie kicks Eren in the mouth and pounds his skull in (pretty much before berserker mode). She then immediately climbs the wall rather than getting tackled, face crushed and leg humped, at which point Mikasa cuts off her fingers.

Mikasa says her line, Armin is with Eren at the base of the wall when Annie falls and Eren pins her to the ground while the Scouting Legion cut Annie out of the neck. As opposed to Eren almost eating her and Annie FFXIII'ing them both. This is when Mikasa sees the Titan in the wall.

The next part is pretty similar to the anime, Eren wakes up and sees some random Scouting member banging on Annie's crystal (as opposed to Jean), Hanji decides to tie her up and that's when they all notice the wall Titans.

Anime skips ahead to the Scouting Legions hearing and Eren waking up with Jean, Armin and Mikasa, missing out how Hanji deals with the wall priest from the beginning of the episode.

While the arrangement is different, they only skipped out a part of the drama with the wall. If there is a second season, I doubt it would be hard to reach that area again. After all, that isn't the last time they reach a wall.

Overall, it was awesome.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As an anime only person, I'll say it again.

Shit was tight yo.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That is all they were trying to do was show off how much flashy shit they(IG) can do.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

that vid reminded me, does anyone know the name of that song?
    (its in this vid too)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn "Attack on titan"

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas