Closed Thread
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

er right that's what i meant to say. eldians handed over to the marleyans and raised by them.

so if all the people on the island are potential titans, since apparently all are eldian descendants, what triggers the transformation? like with connie's family? did i miss that explanation?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Curious how the beast titan plays into this, for all we know he has the power to turn people into titans with out the syrums we know of. Possibly all eldion descendants can turn into titans, but only the proginator and the 9 lesser titans can control the power. Still doesn't explain that one survey Corp girl who randomly turned back into a human; possible that 2/9 of the lesser titans got lost to the wilds and whatsherface accidentally ate someone and got it, turning back to normal.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Didn't mean to nitpick, just this shit is becoming complicated so I wanted to clarify for those that didn't understand.

Feels like the answer to that is coming up next issue. I'm assuming there's a way other than Beast Titan transforming everyone, but maybe not. Could be a titan guard with the power to transform people waiting as everyone steps off the boat onto Paradis. Or possibly a "null" serum that turns them into titans without any powers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Reading back some chapters and even more stuff is starting to make sense. So as far as we know, 5 Marley warriors infiltrated the Wall: Reiner, Annie, Bertolt, Zeke, and the one that got eaten by Ymir. Ymir, assuming she was kept alive and not killed once she reached the mainland, probably has whatever power of the person she ate. She basically gained the ability to become a shifter + unknown skill. Annie has a skill that causes Titans to congregate to her, something similar to the Coordinate that Eren has within him.

So now we know that one of Marley's punishment to the Eldians is to send them to the island and turn them into Titans to wander aimlessly forever. Ymir knew about the outside world even though she was wandering around as a Titan for 60 years. Grisha seemed to have gotten that punishment as well and wandered around for a good 10 years or so but how he became a shifter is still up in the air (we know there was an uncommon lack of other titans in the area when he was found though...). And the titan that ate Eren's mom looks strangely similar to Dina as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Zeke is a decendent of the Royal Family so its possible its one of the powers he inherited.

The game has now changed from Attack on Titan to Attack on Nazi wannabes. :D

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Annie's power was the crystal, not calling titans to her. I really should re-read every chapter after these revelations are over and the fighting begins again, so much is going to make sense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Uh, I thought the whole time the royal family wanted to eat eren was cause his father stole the royal families titan power, aka the coordinate power iirc. I'm assuming that's the proginator because it has power over the other titans.
    Currently yes. But in the time of this flashback it should still be in the hands of the royal family. That's why they were talking about how an actual war would be pointless right now so both sides want to try and eat whoever has that titan power right now first. Though we already know who won that race. And of course royal family wants it back since I believe they still have previous memories and would I assume know they need it to hold off the mainlanders. You are right though definitely need to reread with these things when they do these huge expositionals especially of stuff in the past. Constantly thinking I think it was like this but...

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    Zeke is a decendent of the Royal Family so its possible its one of the powers he inherited.
    Would have to go back and reread but don't think powers are inherited hereditarily. iirc the reason why that particular power stayed in the royal line is they'd have successors in the line eat the previous

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah, the power isn't hereditary. You gotta eat the last guy to have it, and apparently the royal family had a monopoly on that.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So first titan gives world prosperity and wealth by making a deal with the devil. Seems like the guys attacking and putting people in camps might be on the right side.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

inb4 this becomes a Hitler had the right idea story lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    So first titan gives world prosperity and wealth by making a deal with the devil. Seems like the guys attacking and putting people in camps might be on the right side.
    That's the Marleans version of history, taught to the Eldians in the camps to make them ashamed of their "evil heritage". After Grisha becomes the rebellion's golden boy, he "deciphers" ancient Eldian documents which say pretty much the exact opposite- The Founder was blessed with the power of the titans and used it to bring prosperity and wealth to a desolate wasteland. Of course when someone mentions, "I'm impressed you were able to read that", he responds with "I can't really, but I BELIEVE IN YMIR SO IT MUST BE THE TRUTH."

So who knows what the real history is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

found this to be really good to get my shit straight

http://attackontitan.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    found this to be really good to get my shit straight

http://attackontitan.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
    That helped a lot. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ahhhhhhhhhhh
    Spoiler: show

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Dina ate his mom!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

With all the revelations from the book I'm surprised they bothered to put them in prison, especially with so many fatalities of late I'm surprised there's still enough structure left to maintain some form of order.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not too surprising. Large parts of military is keeping up appearances and semblance of order. Have a feeling it wont last long though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I had an amusing thought that the basis of SnK is pretty much the same as The Walking Dead. Was a good chuckle.
    Everyone is infected.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    So I had an amusing thought that the basis of SnK is pretty much the same as The Walking Dead. Was a good chuckle.
    Everyone is infected.
    Only Eldian can transform to titans

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast