Closed Thread
Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

To gtfo away from all the marlean bullshit. I'm more interested in the ymir fritz of ancient times. Who has her memories(watch it be eren, because of the coordinate) and we get another flashback to the beginning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah i wanna know who the original devil was that offered her the power

and see all the wars that happened between the clans

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Finally binged all the chapters. Holy shit is this manga amazing, so glad I dropped it so many years ago to let it stack up. And I love the way it all ties together at the end before the time skip, one of the few stories where I felt like it was well planned out. I remember thinking it was getting all over the place cuz reasons. I'll gladly take those comments back.

My only issue, a small one, is that there's no real "mystique" I guess you can say moving forward. Everything for the most part is pretty much explained now. Only real question left is why the 145th Fritz King abandoned the other Titan clans.
    Yeah, I have no problem eating my words on how "all over the place" the manga was. It really came together well. I'm glad the mystique is gone tbh, only because what replaced it was such an original plot.

I mean the entire hook of the story was "GET TO THE BASEMENT" and when they did holy shit did it pay off big time. There's still a little more mystery left but I'm looking forward to seeing shit clash.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah. Thinking about it some more I'm not entirely sure Eren himself has been fully explored either.

Also forgot to mention how sad it was for Ymir to die off screen. She was definitely one of the more interesting characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

She's dead? I know they wanted to take her titan power back, but have we seen someone else with her titan power?

Oh, didn't realize her power was jaws. Yeah that sucks she died off screen, at least she sent that nice letter to Historia, hopefully Historia can get some vengence.

edit: apparently theres a scene where you see Ymir preparing to be eaten, man I don't remember that at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Probably already mentioned, but anyone think the ending credits for the anime is depicting the Great Titan War?

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Mikasa and Armin performing dramatic eating reminds me of Death Note lol.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

*Eating intensifies*

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The next major bit should only last 2 eps tops, or 3 if they somehow stretch it. I wonder how they'll round off and what sort of cliffhanger will they apply.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Best Episode next week!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The possibility of them cock blocking us with the conclusion of this arc is too real. So many amazing things happen between now and the next lul, who the hell knows where theyll decide to end it...

the number of filler episodes is pretty concerning since this is only like a what, 12 episode season?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Eh, they're building up what happens at the end of this arc. I'm enjoying it, but I'm also scared they're gonna not actually finish it.

There's no filler this is just what happens. The only thing I don't remember happening in the manga is Ymir's flashback which I'm pretty sure is much much later.

Next couple of episodes should be great though.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ymir flashbacks in the manga was a couple months back so...this is early being added in.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah that is very very very early. Hopefully no one questions why falling into pit = turning into titan lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Yeah that is very very very early. Hopefully no one questions why falling into pit = turning into titan lol
    As an anime only watcher they were clearly being turned into titans by those people lol

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Ymir flashbacks in the manga was a couple months back so...this is early being added in.
    I was shocked they showed the wall scene. You can tell they put some effort in to concealing what gets done to them before being kicked off and what happens after, but it wasn't so subtle. If anything, it really slowed the episode down. I'm hoping they don't do it again.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    If anything, it really slowed the episode down. I'm hoping they don't do it again.
    I prefer when they mix it up a tad. Ymir's backstory coming out sooner neatly ties in with Bertholdt and Reiner's allegiance as well, which helps turn the audience's view from humans vs titans to humans vs humans. I've read the manga, but seeing things mixed up can help shake up the experience. Though even when it follows the manga verbatim, AoT really comes through as great.

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast