Closed Thread
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
    Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah it's very nice how manga and anime are side by side right now.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I half wonder if all this is justasplanned.jpg (anime/manga coinciding)

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Manga spoilers obv.
    Spoiler: show
    Seems like since Reiner is on his way out, he's coming to terms with the fact the Marleyans will never treat the Eldians as normal people and also how they are basically being brainwashed to kill each other.

Also, there are subtle hints but it doesn't look like we're gonna go back to Paradis Island story wise for a while. Erin was hinted at being there in Marley. He's the soldier with the missing leg and the armband on the wrong arm. He was in the previous chapter too tailing Reiner and the kids in one panel.
    My translation must have sucked, where are these hints?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    My translation must have sucked, where are these hints?
    It's not really a translation issue.

In the bottom panel, you see the soldier with the armband on the wrong arm looking at Reiner and the kids. Then in the next chapter, he just so happens to be part of a group that also has no family in Marley. This is all just theory though but I imagine that some of the ships that didn't return from investigating Paradis Island weren't sunk and the crew got interrogated to bring the islanders up to speed with what's going on in the world. Erin has about as much time left as Reiner so they have to be on the offensive if they want to use his Titan considering they can't just make titans on the island to pass off his titan powers.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I see.

Actually, they might be able to make titans with just cerebral spinal fluid, but they have no way of turning them back. Also, who knows what that island looks like now; with the colossal titan they could easily have rid the island of roaming titans and taken it over. With the colossal titan they might have been able to free Annie and take her power or at the least convert her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I see.

Actually, they might be able to make titans with just cerebral spinal fluid, but they have no way of turning them back. Also, who knows what that island looks like now; with the colossal titan they could easily have rid the island of roaming titans and taken it over. With the colossal titan they might have been able to free Annie and take her power or at the least convert her.

I think it was implied in the chapter of the sea they got rid of all the titans in the surrounding areas? will need to reread, but that small time skip before the large one i believe mentioned it

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's not really a translation issue.

In the bottom panel, you see the soldier with the armband on the wrong arm looking at Reiner and the kids. Then in the next chapter, he just so happens to be part of a group that also has no family in Marley. This is all just theory though but I imagine that some of the ships that didn't return from investigating Paradis Island weren't sunk and the crew got interrogated to bring the islanders up to speed with what's going on in the world. Erin has about as much time left as Reiner so they have to be on the offensive if they want to use his Titan considering they can't just make titans on the island to pass off his titan powers.
    Not saying it's not Erin, but why/how would he be missing a leg with his powers? Unless he can just willfully not grow back limbs, it doesn't really make sense to me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Not saying it's not Erin, but why/how would he be missing a leg with his powers? Unless he can just willfully not grow back limbs, it doesn't really make sense to me.
    Yea I thought about that too. It's just conjecture but maybe he can slow down his regeneration or he's continually cutting his leg to remain undercover. I just don't think it's a coincidence this person was in that panel watching Reiner or how the armband thing got emphasized.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yea I thought about that too. It's just conjecture but maybe he can slow down his regeneration or he's continually cutting his leg to remain undercover. I just don't think it's a coincidence this person was in that panel watching Reiner or how the armband thing got emphasized.
    Definitely someone spying regardless. With what little features they've shown other than guy with dark hair, I wonder if it might be Levi. Guy looked too tall for him though, but maybe he hit a growth spurt or something. It has been a few years.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's never is a coincidence in this manga tbh.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's shown that titan shifters can stop or slow down regeneration. Reiner was "injured" up until the reveal where it insta-healed back. So it's not too unassuming that Eren mastered such a skill during the time skip.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That episode was fucking gold. Maybe my memory is fuzzy but I don't remember many aspects of it from the manga, like everyone confronting Bertholdt in Reiner's arms.

best episode of the season for sure

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Erwin is such a bamf.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Also Bertholdt's "Someone find us" is really sad even without knowing exactly why they are forced to do this.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wow, what a powerful episode. Everything after the Ymir Krista dialogue was extremely good.

Seeing Reiner's face inside the titan was nice. I like that. lol

edit: i laughed at bertholt tilting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Also Bertholdt's "Someone find us" is really sad even without knowing exactly why they are forced to do this.
    Don't click but to commentate further on the episode in relation to the manga

Agree with this, each time they do/say something, flashes of the panels of the manga from chapter 90+ is heavily on my mind.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Ughhh lol. This feeling sucked.

The Mikasa raep faces got me, personally.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    The Mikasa raep faces got me, personally.

Did someone say raep face?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Season 3 has been announced for 2018

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast