Closed Thread
Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wonder what shitstorm is gonna happen when it gets out that Marley attacked Paradis and caused everything to happen and that paradis had the courtesy to wait until everyone declared war.
    Lost girls OVA should be out now.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

We saw Zeke as they were coming back from the battlefield. He's probably doing work somewhere, or hiding to counter this attack Eren just started. Not too worried about him as even if he eats Eren he'll just be shackled by the Kings will so nbd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My money is on the Jaeger bros working together. Who else would he send that letter to?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I wonder what shitstorm is gonna happen when it gets out that Marley attacked Paradis and caused everything to happen and that paradis had the courtesy to wait until everyone declared war.
    The propaganda machine is strong so not sure how much of a difference it will make except maybe pushing people on the fence over it

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh at this point there's probably no way to actually stop the war. It would be more like vietnam era protests at best although I was actually thinking about everyone turning on Marley for starting shit. I wouldn't put it past many of them to try and ally with Paradis after finding out but they'd probably be turned down since paradis has probably already allied with anyone that treats eldians halfway nicely.
    In the end that little nugget of information is a bomb ready to drop and ensure that Marley as a country is not getting out of this alive unless general what'shisface is one smooth operator.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    We saw Zeke as they were coming back from the battlefield. He's probably doing work somewhere, or hiding to counter this attack Eren just started. Not too worried about him as even if he eats Eren he'll just be shackled by the Kings will so nbd.

Zeke was seperated from the other two shifters by the Paradis crew last chapter, we just don't know if he was trapped or what. I can't help but feel like Annie's dad talking about her last chapter was some foreshadowing to her or her titan showing up too.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, totally waiting for Annie to show up

Spoiler: show

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Well if they're smart they'd eat him now and be done with him. He's by far the biggest threat.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Oh at this point there's probably no way to actually stop the war. It would be more like vietnam era protests at best although I was actually thinking about everyone turning on Marley for starting shit. I wouldn't put it past many of them to try and ally with Paradis after finding out but they'd probably be turned down since paradis has probably already allied with anyone that treats eldians halfway nicely.
    In the end that little nugget of information is a bomb ready to drop and ensure that Marley as a country is not getting out of this alive unless general what'shisface is one smooth operator.
    Oh no what I meant is it's not that crazy to think most simply wouldn't even believe it. After decades of harping in hate of titans, right after whipping everyone into a frenzy and telling everyone Eren is here to destroy them all he attacks... I doubt anyone who didn't already have strong doubts is going to even entertain that idea. I mean they planned that event basically hoping an attack happened to help with the spin machine and solidify control. Some countries do seem kind of on the fence already though and of course most also hate Marley so could have some real fun trying to get them to destroy each other

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well most of the people behind it are probably about to die but the fact that Marley attacked Paradis is relatively public knowledge. What people don't know is that whatever generals ordered the attack knew about everything and the specifics.
    Stupider conspiracy theories have arisen and this is in the wake of a several hundred year old one being revealed.

The biggest factor here is figuring out just how much people trust in their government. From the perspective of a modern citizen of a first world nation? People are gonna spell bullshit. From the perspective of anyone that came 40-60ish years ago? They may have trouble discerning bullshit governments were more trusted back then like everyone in the setting probably is.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Holy shit balls at this chapter!!!

https://yonkouprod.com/reader/read/a...n/0/101/page/1

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Awww what a change of pace. Also when he striked first at the main enemy, I thought it was gonna just end/gg there lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Okay... that was lit as all fuck. Going full speed ahead into 2018 bitches!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Awww what a change of pace. Also when he striked first at the main enemy, I thought it was gonna just end/gg there lol.
    Naw. If you go back to last chapter to Taber talking he definitely was planning on the attack and almost seemed to be goading them into doing it then and there. Almost sounded like he expected to die as well.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh man that was an awesome chapter.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Really going to be awesome to see how it goes from here.

Like, how does the Marleyan government even have a chance? They have nowhere near as much experience against Titans as the Scouting Legion. They're heavy "anti-Titan" weaponry seems absolutely useless against a competent Omni-directional mobility user. Zeke is hinted to kick the bucket any chapter now. His replacement isn't going to have royal blood so it won't be able to effectively control fodder titans. You have an even more experienced Ackerman-blooded fighter with Mikasa now, let's not even mention Levi.

They're 100 years behind the power curve with dealing with the actual titan threat.

I fucking love plots like this where the protagonists go on the actual offensive rather than always waiting or defending from the next attack. And after so long and everything they've been through. Fuck yeah!

We finally see it again

anti-human 3D gear is great and I can't wait to see it animated

Great chapter, I love how everything is basically flipped now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Really going to be awesome to see how it goes from here.
    Random thinking...

To be honest, I hope they basically wipe out the military and get all this wrapped up fairly quickly. As noted, the level of technology and experience doesn't really compare to Eren and co.'s. Reiner is perhaps the only real threat in terms of knowing the enemy, but this time gap could also yield a lot of potential advancements in dealing with sentient titans like the weapon Mikasa used being an improved form of the one that took him down initially.

What's likely to come after is more of a conflict with the source of the titan powers themselves. While such lore has been touched upon, it still reeks a lot of things lost to time. The presence of the founder titan/coordinate feels like a bit of a red herring, as the ability to control all the other titans really should have some specific purpose in mind.

But maybe that's me just wanting to cling to my old theory that the titans were a man-made weapon that got out of control and/or was intentionally used to decimate humanity.

Closed Thread
Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast