Closed Thread
Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Part of me just hears some somber music playing the background during those final pages.

Seems fitting

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Jfc what is that monster gonna look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Part of me just hears some somber music playing the background during those final pages.

Seems fitting
    This song came to mind for me. Everything falling apart in chaos as this symphony plays.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Uhhhhhhhhhhh holy shit yall

Who am I supposed to be cheering for again? I'm so conflicted

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So like what if Eren is just pulling a Zero Requiem to get the world to stop hating the rest of the island?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

What if eren is pulling a Maximillian Peacecraft and just making a war so gross that people swear off war forever?

Spoiler: show
    If everyone is trying to kill you all you gotta do is kill them back.

Easy.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I hope AoT pulls the trigger and fucking genocides the shit out of everyone outside of the island. Would be so refreshing for a manga lol.

Without knowing the world size, it sorta feels like a silly declaration to me as we've only seen the island and parts of Marley, with some vague mention of the not-Japan sorts. I can understand wanting to crush Marley leadership and forcefully wanting to counter the systematic racism the Eldians have been going through for 100+ years, but this is also very much, "If you think we're devils, we'll show you we are!" So, I dunno, maybe it's more like he's trying to rile the other Eldians to not be such sub-serviant chickenshits. But if we figure the world is like 1920's Earth size, Eren'll be dead before he could hope to kill everyone short of some WMD or spawning more of that titan parasite or whatever and just making everyone "Eldian" too.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I think you're missing context.
    Eren tried to do the peaceful thing, after seeing his dad's memories of Eren controlling the coordinate and activating the wall titans, but after seeing the equivalent of the UN pretty much say eldians as a whole cant really be punished, but the paradis island eldians need to be exterminated, he decided to work towards the future he saw. For generations now they've been trapped behind the wall cause the world feared their ancestors to the point where they cant just let them be. Eren truly sees no option for their survival other than the extermination of the human race.

I can't bring myself to say Eren "tried peace" when Paradis never really had a spot at the proverbial table to defend themselves or change minds. Pretty much the entirety of the story had been in motion before he even got his powers, and only so much time/memory manipulation shenanigans can be attributed to Eren's influence. So, while killing all humans sounds like a reasonable defense when viewed from the perspective of them always being looked down upon and/or feared, my point is more that it is not a reasonable path as it presumes Marley the heart of the world, and with that, the will of all its people. What's more likely is that humans have just had a few charismatic shitstains telling them how to think for a few generations now, and because shit like bloodlines or corrupt political process just makes it that much easier to perpetuate the ignorance.

Put another way, do people living on the other end of the planet who know nothing at all about Titans, or at best think them fairy tales to scare children, deserve to die? Do we assume they'll just want to kill Eldians because they're different? I don't think this is so much Eren's endgame as it is to finally get society to look at them on equal footing for real, as the Edlians have seemingly been some level of slave their entire existence.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I can't bring myself to say Eren "tried peace" when Paradis never really had a spot at the proverbial table to defend themselves or change minds. Pretty much the entirety of the story had been in motion before he even got his powers, and only so much time/memory manipulation shenanigans can be attributed to Eren's influence. So, while killing all humans sounds like a reasonable defense when viewed from the perspective of them always being looked down upon and/or feared, my point is more that it is not a reasonable path as it presumes Marley the heart of the world, and with that, the will of all its people. What's more likely is that humans have just had a few charismatic shitstains telling them how to think for a few generations now, and because shit like bloodlines or corrupt political process just makes it that much easier to perpetuate the ignorance.

Put another way, do people living on the other end of the planet who know nothing at all about Titans, or at best think them fairy tales to scare children, deserve to die? Do we assume they'll just want to kill Eldians because they're different? I don't think this is so much Eren's endgame as it is to finally get society to look at them on equal footing for real, as the Edlians have seemingly been some level of slave their entire existence.
    Eren didn't actually attack them though until the rest of the world declared war on Paradis. Once they did that, Eren turned Titan and started eating people.

Don't get me wrong. Genocide is for sure bad lol. But I definitely feel for Eren as well.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Guess awake after all these years who is a dumbass still

https://mangadex.org/chapter/761772/1

edit: muh bad

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I can only guess one name so cool spoilers

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My bad, dropped that post then gtfo to work

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I couldnt wait anymore for my usual link, and found this. Here ya go BG.

https://imgur.com/a/OWXQyC5

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Everyone is losing their minds.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah idk if I like armin and mikasa post time skip tbh

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's great I thought. They're so ... fractured/torn apart, none of that nakama bullshit exhibited in the earliest scenes of the anime lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What has Armin done with his life since he was turned into the Colossus Titan? I can't remember anything. I was a bit upset they went with him versus Erwin too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

His only moment was being coerced into destroying the Marley navy after Erens surprise attack on the continent. Aside from that hes been worse and more emo than Squall disk 1...

Closed Thread
Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast