RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

S2 was 12 eps though.

But I think we have enough stuff left to fill a full season here.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Oh true didn't notice that on hulu

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

We don’t have a definitive number how many chapters are left right?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Can't be more than 12 if the anime is releasing this year and its the final season. Probably can't be more than 6 even, unless the anime spoilers the ending for Manga readers

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was sitting here thinking S4 is 12 episodes and a 2 hour movie haha

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'd say it takes 3 episodes for eren to find the war titan and all that to happen, then I'd guess they could daddle as long as they want from there until ymir. Id say it'd take 10 episodes at least, but this arc has been so long that I'm sure im misremembering events and how much exposition it all got.

We gotta actually learn about all the Marley characters, cause they got a shitton of exposition, gotta learn about that one clan that I can't remember the name of, was it Ackerman? That rules the far away island and was helping Paradis?

A lot of shit to cover

Yeah if this season isn't at least 26 episodes it probably won't fit without feeling super rushed, even if there is a movie or something. It could air over 2 seasons like other stuff does, hopefully not between like a year like season 3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    We gotta actually learn about all the Marley characters, cause they got a shitton of exposition, gotta learn about that one clan that I can't remember the name of, was it Ackerman? That rules the far away island and was helping Paradis?
    Azumabito. Ackermans were part of the ruling branch, so Mikasa could technically be their ruler or something if she wanted later on. Guessing the Ackerman name came about during the memory wipes and subsequent hunting of any Asian-looking people that followed because they weren't subject to Ymir's will.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hey actually, I was just thinking, in foresight not much really happens for a lot of the time besides a few key moments, so maybe it might be easier for the animators?

Arc 1 = the beginning, the set piece will be that initial battle
    Arc 1.5 = talk talk talk talk
    Arc 2 = Warhammer Titan set
    Arc 2.5 = talk talk talk talk
    Arc 3 = The endgame, the big tall guys will probably all be 3D lol

edit: it's 36 chapters since chapter 90 so far (when season 3 ended). maybe to build up hype we might get a Sword Art Online treatment of splitting it into part 1 and part 2? So splitting 24 eps into 2 seasons~

if i recall correctly, season 2 was 24 chapters split into 12 eps at approximately 2 chapters per ep. Season 3 part 2 covered chapters 72 all the way to 89 in just 10 eps

This is all speculation of course, but laying it out as just a form of fun and passing time

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Yeah if this season isn't at least 26 episodes it probably won't fit without feeling super rushed, even if there is a movie or something. It could air over 2 seasons like other stuff does, hopefully not between like a year like season 3 though.
    Yeah this would be a massive kick in the balls, but this time they can pull off the excuse of COVID and whatnot; though it doesn't seem to be affecting this season's animes any differently

A mid-season break is probably likely. Whether it's 3 or 6 months is another matter entirely.