Closed Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah that means the basement reveal only happened in the last year. I'm so glad I waited until a week before season 2 was coming out to get into AoT lol. I've skipped all the big waiting.
    Haha, yeah you get it. That wait was excruciating...

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah that means the basement reveal only happened in the last year. I'm so glad I waited until a week before season 2 was coming out to get into AoT lol. I've skipped all the big waiting.
    Yup! Was reading early when the manga first started then said fuck this and forgot all about it lol.

so im spoilered up through where the current manga is. one question that maybe just isnt answered outright on wiki
    Spoiler: show
    did the marlyeans initiate the wall break at the beginning of the series to try to get the coordinate and grisha was like nah bitch ima take that? guess im not clear on why zeke's crew decided to invade then and not at some other point within the 100 years the walls went up

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    so im spoilered up through where the current manga is. one question that maybe just isnt answered outright on wiki
    did the marlyeans initiate the wall break at the beginning of the series to try to get the coordinate and grisha was like nah bitch ima take that? guess im not clear on why zeke's crew decided to invade then and not at some other point within the 100 years the walls went up
    Might be mistaken, but I believe Grisha got the coordinate a good time before the breach and he was just hiding out as the doctor of the town. They mentioned he just kinda showed up one day and saved the town from a disease, 10-20 years prior, forget the exact time frame they gave.

As for why they're invading now of all times, it's just when the plans were hatched to do it. I don't know if there was any reasoning behind the timing, like Marly getting their ass kicked so they wanted the coordinate to fight back or anything like that. From the flashbacks, it makes it sound like that crop of titan powered soldiers were being put together for the sake of infiltrating the island though, so the plans came together before they actually had their powers.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Attack on Titan S3 will air in Spring 2018.
    https://twitter.com/Spy_0taku/status/881450342478737408
    Attack on Titan S3 announced for Spring 2018 at Anime Expo 2017

Presuming the manga might be nearing its final push by then, it'd make an S4 in 2019 a possibility, I suppose.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

We still have more than 4 seasons of material though, and iirc they wanted to end at almost the same time.

I'd put it at 6 seasons and a movie tbh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'd put it at 6 seasons and a movie tbh.
    lol

I'd say it depends on how many episodes a season, if 12 then probably.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://readms.net/r/attack_on_titan/095/4394/1
    We're coming full circle now with how bert and them started this whole story up. I wonder how many more volume/chapters we have left? I don't think it's that many left. Maybe another 2 yrs or so at best maybe?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This is apparently the first chapter of a new volume so the Marley centric storyline atm is probably not remotely over yet.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

No, now we'll see the entire manga from the POV of Reiner, Bert and Annie. We only just started with them arriving on the island.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sitting here like.... how does that get that close without you noticing?....

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

True, but it's shown now and again they can just sneak up on you without warning, so I guess I took it as pretty normal that it managed to do that.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by ninjafox View Post
    Sitting here like.... how does that get that close without you noticing?....
    I think the anime showed that she was buried in the ground and they just happened to camp right next to her.

I think the anime showed that she was buried in the ground and they just happened to camp right next to her.
    What I never get is how come they all can't activate their titan power from the pain of getting smashed like that and they just get wrecked instead. It's not like they can't regrow their limbs naturally. I can understand if they're too weakened to titanize but like wtf lol

Not to mention Eren did it

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Eren didn't get bitten in half in human form. They've established it's possible to kill them before they can titanize. Mikasa tried with Reiner but failed.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's tied to spinal fluid, so as long as your spines intact you're a-ok I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's not just injury that triggers the transformation, a shifter has to be thinking about transforming or some other "goal". That's why surprise attacks are the most effective against them- they don't have time to focus on transforming. Same with getting eaten- it's so terrifying they can't concentrate. And yea with the spinal fluid, once you're bitten in half it's over.

That's the best I can come up with.

I'd just chalk it up more to shock and trauma. As much training as they allegedly went through, I doubt encouraging them to titanize while on the brink of death was one of the courses.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And we've gone full circle.

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast