1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

A giant dragon descending from the sky and rearranging the face of the world with fireballs isn't apocalyptic? The people in the first part tried to contain Bahamut - and failed. There's a lot of pathos there. Then the adventuring party reappears in the future and everything's... fine. I guess it just felt a little too back to business as usual for me. It doesn't entice me to come back to Eorzea, because it feels basically the same as when I left. There's no urgency in the final shots, and aside from the first few moments of confusion, you could drop them all into the FFXIV 1.0 trailer and not even notice a difference.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: show

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah, I noticed they seem kinda big for a Miqo'te.
    That is certainly a nice thing though.

I'm not really looking to complain but the new bit at the end is just....really uninteresting. It's just a music video of "look the world didn't end, yay" with a few random money shots of Odin/behe/the crystal tower.

There's no sense of context, it really just looks like a mashup trailer or a commercial rather than a cutscene meant to exposit relevant events.

Someone mentioned it before but if the first bit was the destruction of Tavnazia the second part just seems pointless and out of place. The first segment is very personal and emotional and has a strong focus on the characters and events going on, the second bit has no drama or weight to it and just kind of hits you over the head with "look at the neat stuff" and sends you on your way.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You don't even get the sense that they've been sent into the future or anything. You're more left wondering what the hell just happened and the trailer doesn't give you any hint as to what that may be.
    They also seem less than utterly shocked that everything looks so lush and so on when they appear in the future.

Kinda strange.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'm not really looking to complain but the new bit at the end is just....really uninteresting. It's just a music video of "look the world didn't end, yay" with a few random money shots of Odin/behe/the crystal tower.

There's no sense of context, it really just looks like a mashup trailer or a commercial rather than a cutscene meant to exposit relevant events.

Someone mentioned it before but if the first bit was the destruction of Tavnazia the second part just seems pointless and out of place. The first segment is very personal and emotional and has a strong focus on the characters and events going on, the second bit has no drama or weight to it and just kind of hits you over the head with "look at the neat stuff" and sends you on your way.
    I don't know if you paid attention lately, but all of SE's recent trailers have sucked large amounts of dick lately. I was kinda hoping they would make hints to the 3 new plot lines ARR is supposed to bring, but they didn't really do anything.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think it's safe to assume that the tutorial/intro story chunk is going to focus on NPCs reacting to you with "Bahamut? That was like 5 years ago, where the hell have you been?" followed by the local Archon filling you in on some details. I'm not sure they can portray that aspect very well in a voiceless CGI scene. I feel like it's pretty obvious that they are trying to get across a sense of the characters in question being relieved that what seemed to be the apocalypse was somehow averted.

The point is that you are that party of adventurers and what happened after they were spirited away should begin as much of a mystery to you as it would be to them. It's something to unravel.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

No dialogue isn't a barrier to good story telling. Watch the first 10 minutes of Once Upon a Time in the West, or the first 20 of Wall-E. Or, without troubling with lofty genius directors - most student animated films. Heck, just watch the first part of this trailer again - no words are spoken, and they don't need to be.

The point is that the mystery of it all is supposed to be intriguing, but it isn't. Whatever emotional energy they had built up with the Bahamut scenes they just kinda let dissipate.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    End of an Era part is our XI equivalent of the Aldo scene. Where's our New Tavnazia?!
    Fuck that, where was our OLD Tavnazia? I wanted to FIGHT in the battle, not stand around in an empty husk of a fortress.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I'm kinda hoping the new Mor Dhona looks like the old one (before the V1 opening), or at least similar. That area looked amazing in the original opening and it was a shame to not have it in the game. It's hard to figure out what is Mor Dhona from what we've seen so far. That snowy region with the Behemoth is actually part of Coerthas. I'm guessing Mor Dhona is the region they look out into at the end of the opening movie.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How do I tell if my character has legacy status? Can I check on loadstone? I'm 99% sure it does, but a friend is asking how to check and now I can't find it, I assumed it would be on there.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    How do I tell if my character has legacy status? Can I check on loadstone? I'm 99% sure it does, but a friend is asking how to check and now I can't find it, I assumed it would be on there.
    If you log in here: https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account
    You should be able to find your XIV Legacy status as a service registered to your account. I'm 99% certain it will be there if you are eligible. I can't double-check as I don't have my security token with me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yep, that's right.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It will appear as a service and there will also be a legacy icon next to the FFXIV icon in the list if I remember the screenshot correctly.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Yeah, I noticed they seem kinda big for a Miqo'te.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I'm guessing Mor Dhona is the region they look out into at the end of the opening movie.
    I would assume so unless we were more than just sent into the future but also sent to another location. I'm wondering how that'll work as far as how we start the game.

My best guess is we come to in new Mor Dhona and through a short series of instances get lead back to our starting nation by the associated Archon much like the intro instances in 1.0 (the extended CS makes a point of showing them all alive and well) during which they can catch us up on the basics and set us on whatever path the main story takes.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wonder if Legacy members will end up with those weird goggle plates or something. I also wonder what they do... put them on to activate server lag and 1.0 areas? Pretty sweet cut scene though. I hope we get to find out what happened while we were warping (and how lots of those people survived, cause those townies aren't 5 years old).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I hope that's new Mor Dhona... looks a lot closer to how it originally looked in 1.0's intro flashback, which was pretty awesome.

At first glance, I assumed it was Coerthas.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    No dicks yet, Ragns, but there's still room for that to change! Its only pre-beta!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Obviously not enough Official Forum kids spoke up about dick-&-ball jiggle physics.