1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I don't know if you paid attention lately, but all of SE's recent trailers have sucked large amounts of dick lately.
    I suppose your definition of "recent" doesn't stretch back to, say, November 11?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    A giant dragon descending from the sky and rearranging the face of the world with fireballs isn't apocalyptic? The people in the first part tried to contain Bahamut - and failed. There's a lot of pathos there. Then the adventuring party reappears in the future and everything's... fine. I guess it just felt a little too back to business as usual for me. It doesn't entice me to come back to Eorzea, because it feels basically the same as when I left. There's no urgency in the final shots, and aside from the first few moments of confusion, you could drop them all into the FFXIV 1.0 trailer and not even notice a difference.
    ^ This.

Take away the protagonists' teleporting in and all the new content in this trailer could be a cookie-cutter 1.0 cinematic. Weak sauce.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its another happy feel good "yay new adventure!" piece. Did you expect any different?

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

That video would have been infinitely better had they added a black transition with white text that simply reads, "Five years later..." Or at least provide the viewers with some sort of context in relation to the images on screen. I guess nothing is perfect though, oh well...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That desperately needs a '5 Years Later' after the Bahamut fight. Without it there's no context for people who aren't following FFXIV - for all they'll know the heroes just got teleported to another place or dimension.

The clips aren't in a great order too. It should go, 'Bahamut fight > '5 Years Later' > Heroes re-emerge and run off into the world > look at all this stuff you can do there!' Rather than what is is now, which is 'Bahamut fight > no explanation > Random stuff > Heroes re-emerge.'

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Come now, the reality of the situation is that FF catgirls just aren't the bustiest around. Why do you think I even play elf girls?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's the introduction cinematic to the game when you begin playing it which is going to naturally be followed by in-game story. It's intended to establish a setting. If something doesn't add up, it's obviously going to be intentional and for the player to investigate. They've already proven they knew what they were doing with the End of an Era video... which was as well not intended to explain anything to those who don't already play.

It's not a trailer and it's not intended to explain the story that you need to play to experience.

Bitchin' just to bitch.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Some people need to cool it. It's a trailer. FFXI trailer had Tavnazia(which you couldn't even get close to or view), BLM meteor, only Orcs, no Shadow Lord, and then a bunch of people standing together on a cliff at the end. If you want a storyline, you clear the missions.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

all the negative comments about the trailer. lol. I'm sure the fact that you've seen the first 6 out of 8 minutes has something to do with why you thought the trailer was stale, but for those who watch it in its entirety for the first time, I'm sure will disagree.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    all the negative comments about the trailer. lol. I'm sure the fact that you've seen the first 6 out of 8 minutes has something to do with why you thought the trailer was stale, but for those who watch it in its entirety for the first time, I'm sure will disagree.
    I never got around to watching the End of World cutscene before this so... no. And if you read the negative comments more thoroughly, you'll note that nobody's really hating on the first 6 minutes, it's the way they ended it that's the problem. This is a new world, a new beginning, and A Realm Reborn. Why does our first look at it feel exactly like the old one? I feel like that's a valid opinion to have.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Eh... I won't disagree that the End of an Era trailer was amazing, but this "new" trailer barely contains new content. In fact, I'm pretty sure we've already seen 85-90% of that video and maybe the 40-60 seconds of new content we've yet to see is hardly anything to write home about. This video only continues to demonstrate just how bad SE's PR department is at their profession. I understand this video in its entirety has been under wraps for quite some time, but their new game is set to release within the next 6-8 months pending any further delays. The last thing they should be doing right now is releasing a video like this.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the beta and eventual release, but SE seriously should consider restructuring their PR department and its goals because in its current state they are a joke compared to other companies in the industry.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Come now, the reality of the situation is that FF catgirls just aren't the bustiest around. Why do you think I even play elf girls?
    The goat faces and long necks?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    It's the introduction cinematic to the game when you begin playing it which is going to naturally be followed by in-game story. It's intended to establish a setting. If something doesn't add up, it's obviously going to be intentional and for the player to investigate. They've already proven they knew what they were doing with the End of an Era video... which was as well not intended to explain anything to those who don't already play.

It's not a trailer and it's not intended to explain the story that you need to play to experience.

Bitchin' just to bitch.
    Are you rehearsing your predestined role for when non-NDA beta starts up?

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    The clips aren't in a great order too. It should go, 'Bahamut fight > '5 Years Later' > Heroes re-emerge and run off into the world > look at all this stuff you can do there!' Rather than what is is now, which is 'Bahamut fight > no explanation > Random stuff > Heroes re-emerge.'
    Precisely this, all they really had to do was end with Odin or Behemoth to have a better composed trailer, and wouldn't have been any additional work.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Gotta stay consistent, you know. Takes a lotta courage to don that armor every time.

@Millions: Agreed. Putting another "happy feel-time" after all that destruction makes little sense, even if it is to show that we're going to do the exact same thing as we did before. At least put it before so it looks like a continuous flow.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I thought the bit with the Archons, Odin, and Grand Companies was supposed to be the in-between (the 5 year gap, that is) however I can only make this judgment because I well, have been following the game so it's not exactly the brightest move yeah.

I, for one, look forward to our new binocular overlords. (and I kinda dug the music until bitches started singin' again, calm down with that shit bro you ain't andrea bocelli)

also if Odin, Behemoth, Coliseum and Crystal Tower aren't ready at launch now I'm gonna be so mayad. why you cgi that shit i can't play for four months after release you son of a bitch

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Tell yourself whatever you need to justify the inane amount of pissing and moaning over the opening cinematic.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

people are really upset over the last part of the trailer?

lol mother fuckers need to relax. hollyy shit

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

People aren't upset.

People are going "well that wasn't very interesting, and perhaps kind of odd." And then other people are going "Why are you so upset???"

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    It's okay, we can start an army of titsy catgirls where some might figure baby bahamuts would break from their fleshy globes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast