1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    People aren't upset.

People are going "well that wasn't very interesting, and perhaps kind of odd." And then other people are going "Why are you so upset???"
    This. You've listened to a few people construe "eh, expected better." as "OMG WTF SE?!!". Stop regurgitating what others think instead of what was actually written.

Plus, you make it sound like this is something new. When a company releases a single tidbit of information every now and then, people interested in the product are going to comment on the tidbit. If you don't want such a huge flood of comments on such a small tidbit, release a goddamn steak instead of a snack.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I saw this on the OF and couldn't stop laughing:

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Opening Movie Now Live! (01/07/2013)

That is a one hundred percent accurate description of my feelings

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I know I wasn't impressed with that video and that is exactly right, someone who doesn't or didn't follow the XIV story wouldn't know what the fuck is going on by that trailer other than shit got blown up by a bad ass dragon and some old guy got melted and some teleportation, flux capacitor shit went down.

It is kinda like how we were expected to know what a L'cie, Pulse Fal'cie, Cocoon Fal'cie was without any explanation at the start of FFXIII.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I usually don't watch trailers for immense insight into the intricacies of a game's story as much as seeing a hopefully CGI asskickery segment to get me pumped for the game. Maybe that's just me. Regardless, took me all of 10 minutes to read FF wiki and fill myself in on who the people in the CS were and what they were doing, so if you're that interested go for it!

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    People aren't upset.

People are going "well that wasn't very interesting, and perhaps kind of odd." And then other people are going "Why are you so upset???"
    Pretty much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    I know I wasn't impressed with that video and that is exactly right, someone who doesn't or didn't follow the XIV story wouldn't know what the fuck is going on by that trailer other than shit got blown up by a bad ass dragon and some old guy got melted and some teleportation, flux capacitor shit went down.

It is kinda like how we were expected to know what a L'cie, Pulse Fal'cie, Cocoon Fal'cie was without any explanation at the start of FFXIII.
    You were never expected to know what l'Cie, Fal'Cie, etc. meant at the beginning of XIII and everything is explained within 5 minutes or so.
    Opening cinematics can't explain every single story detail, especially not an intro with 2 years of story behind it. On top of that we haven't seen the opening cutscenes yet and there's plenty of opportunity to explain what exactly happened as soon as the game starts.
    Those who haven't played XIV at all will likely learn things through quests and stuff (Dalamud for sure as confirmed by Yoshida).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Really expecting to see them sprinkle profuse amounts of pre-Dalamund lore around the place.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I saw this on the OF and couldn't stop laughing:

If we don't see Lou again ill be surprised. I don't expect it in the first few content patches. But a year or two down the line.

YO MAYBE HES THE FINAL BOSS AT THE TOP OF THE CRYSTAL TOWER

tho be pretty shity to fight against him
    "i saved your lives to save the future... and you still fucked it up. Time to die"

k i was joking but seriously now i wanna fight the old man. Could be like FF14s Maat ....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think CoD is pretty much confirmed as the boss of Crystal Tower?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    rain on my parade

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What is CoD? I can only hear one thing in my head when I see that acronym.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cloud of Darkness

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Yeah it is. Also Xande (Xandes in XIV) is likely another boss as he's the king that was "buried" in there.
    Lou is confirmed to be in the Labyrinth of Bahamut or at the very least we'll know his fate there. I'm quite sure he's either alive and well or he's been turned into a monster by Bahamut and now guards the place alongside other stuff.

Boob fetish aside, on why the world isn't scorched earth, my thought on it isn't particularly too abstract. Namely that release of Bahamut, while believed to translate to destruction, isn't instant. On one hand, you can approach it from the angle of setting a chain of events into motion like his presence drawing out other beings of power, basically resulting in a war of the avatars with the people/land getting caught in the middle not unlike how Odin/Alex was portrayed via ToAU. The other angle is that Bahamut was simply exhausted. For all we knew, being locked in that sphere was like being perpetually tortured. Sure, he breaks out, rawr rawr, flames of destruction, NUKE EVERYTHING IN SIGHT! But after that escape/attack, he needed to fly off somewhere to rest, but will one day rise again.

Both can spin a vague prophecy, while at the same time letting us come into a future that strangely seems untouched. Survivors could be keeping tabs on Bahamut while trying to think of a way to better seal him since the last attempt failed. Or the alternate scenario is keeping them busy enough, having to worry about Odin, behemoths, and other nasties trawling the countryside.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No need to speculate here too much tough. Yoshi stated that whatever happened after the 'End of an Era' caused Bahamut to be locked in his labyrinth and hence the world was saved!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

All I hope is that, in the story they will explain what happen in the 5 years between our teleportation

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Spoiler: show
    There is a pic of side of side comparison of the miqo'te from before/after bahamut... dat 2.0 "upgrade"

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Ragns going to be sulking awhile, as far as I seen no one has figured how to do skeleton modifications as of yet to change the size of things

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    There is a pic of side of side comparison of the miqo'te from before/after bahamut... dat 2.0 "upgrade"
    5 years is a long time.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It was like 5 minutes for that particular Miqote.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast