+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

well most likely its going to be open beta > soft launch kind of a deal, soo take 30th as launch lol

Loving this game, its amazing for a FTP IMO, love the battle system so much.

rogue and guardian are great. Also like cleric, I do not like wizard and great weapon fighter so much at all.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So is it a box purchase the F2P after that, or is it just F2P overall?

F2P all the way! ofc there are founders pack you can buy for some extra goodies etc.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Does anyone know what the in-game cash shop is going to look like? Is this going to be a P2W game? Is the content going to be behind pay walls?

I am loving the previews of this game so far, but with so many games I am already playing I really don't want to dump more money into a new game.

Nothing in the store so far I have seen, has pay to win. Convenience stuff. Mounts, dyes, character slots, companions, companion slots, respec tokens, stuff like that.

This boss was hard, couldnt beat it myself during beta

Didn't seem like they had much of a strategy for add handling and it eventually caught up to 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Didn't seem like they had much of a strategy for add handling and it eventually caught up to 'em.
    Yup, the adds are tough though, need to save dailies for them imo

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Open beta starts on my wife's birthday. Fuck.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Open beta starts on my wife's birthday. Fuck.
    Get her a founders pack. 2 birds.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Get her a founders pack. 2 birds.
    She isn't that interested.

Founders pack allows you 3-5 days headstart depending on which you get. soooo it still helps lol

Early access starts today.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What I'm really interested in is the "foundry" system. Is that a later addition or is it released with the game today?

Looking forward to jumping in with all of the other free-loaders soon...

Foundry is available today. I read someone already made a GW2 inspired jumping puzzle

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Taki I looked at the founder's shit, and while I have no problem with supporting a good game, I'm definitely not dropping money on something that I can try for free first so I have a couple questions:

Are those founder's packs going to be available for a while after Open Beta starts?

Are some of the individual items going to be in a cash shop later on down the line? I'd like to get that new race in the $200 one but fuck spending $200 on at once on a new mmo...

EDIT: I guess they are adding a drow race a couple months in but it's not going have certain properties that the founder's pack one has... I /guess/ I'm ok with that. I'd still like to buy the special one in the cash shop specifically though if I wanted to.

EDIT: Founder's Packs are going away after Open Beta starts, something different will take it's place. Lame. I'm not keen on the idea of something as large as an entire race being only available to those who forked over $200 on a game they haven't played or have only played a couple weekends and then just disappearing into the ether.

Something as large as a race? Its $200, why not give supporters something awesome. I def didnt spend that cash though lol. Watching some streams. Spider mount is awesome ; ;

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Something as large as a race? Its $200, why not give supporters something awesome. I def didnt spend that cash though lol. Watching some streams. Spider mount is awesome ; ;
    From what I'm reading it'd be like having the GW2 Collector's Edition the only way to access the Asura race for 2 months into the game's life cycle and then if you want to make one you get a shittier version (again depending on what they do with that unique racial trait/ability) of them. There are other ways to give people who support your game a sign of appreciation without doing something that's, imo, pretty shady.

I'm still gonna try the game but like I said, I'm not keen on that kind of business decision.

EDIT: This is something that other companies would be crucified for. Can you imagine the shitstorm if Anet had done something like that? You can argue that it's less of a deal because the game doesn't require you to buy the box to start playing, but decisions like this could potentially lead into shittier decisions later on down the line.