+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How do you open nightmare lock boxes? Hopefully it's not with AD

Keys that are only available in the Zen Shop, Kinda like GW2 =/ you can trade Diamonds for Zen but its hella expensive atm, I would wait till shit stabilizes save the boxes.

This game has the best combat of any MMO I've ever played, better than even Guild War 2's combat. Which is very surprising, considering this game has shitty holy trinity. It'd probably be much better if it didn't have holy trinity and everyone had to tank/heal themselves

Actually I think the trinity is what makes it work better honestly, even being a huge GW2 fan, I have to admit that. The way each class is set up, at higher levels it really provides a huge about of synergy in groups.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Jesus this game has literally the worst AH I've ever seen. Impossible to find everything because it's broken as hell. Just ran first dungeon, pretty faceroll, hope later ones have some actual mechanics but the dungeon design was cool. Outrolled on a blue weapon for me that dropped so still gimp as fuck, aw yeah. Can none of the crafts make weps?

Kiarax has never played diablo3 and did not suffer the pain of Diablo3's auction house.

The combat is really fun but the dungeon I did(first one) was so easy Also I'm sick of dungeon finder, GW2 not having it was so nice. Playing with fucking robots who don't talk or read chat at all is about as fun as..well, it's not fun at all. Why even fucking have dungeons if you're gonna automate console FPS the fuck out them? just let me solo/duo them and pretend it's a fucking single player/co-op game at that point. Idiot devs, fuck off with dungeon finder.

End rant. First dungeon was too face roll, no actual mechanics, just spammed AOE on everything...z_Z. I took literally 0 damage and didn't even attempt to avoid damage, pretty dumb. At least the combat and classes(well my class..) is really fun/godly/well done. Hopefully players can create actually challenging difficult content through player made dungeons if these devs completely fail, or just straight up refuse to update their game with actual content(hi anet, how are you?).

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Trying out the game myself, runs pretty good at max settings at the high res I'm playing at O_o

Kinda like how you can just auto fire holding the mouse down, and the doding system reminds me of tera, cept if you dodge like a second before an attack, even if your hit you "dodge" it. (or if you teleport through it soorta)

Trying out a control wizard, because I like the eye candy!

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Also I'm sick of dungeon finder, GW2 not having it was so nice. Playing with fucking robots who don't talk or read chat at all is about as fun as..well, it's not fun at all. Why even fucking have dungeons if you're gonna automate console FPS the fuck out them? just let me solo/duo them and pretend it's a fucking single player/co-op game at that point. Idiot devs, fuck off with dungeon finder.
    How does your group not talking have anything to do with a dungeon finder? Something that GW2 players went out of there way to make (gw2lfg.com) because the game didn't have one. Dungeon finders (assuming they're working) are a good mechanic if you don't have a guild yet or don't have any people in your guild that want to do a dungeon.

My one and only dungeon group thus far had everybody using the voice chat, though I agree that the dungeon wasn't exactly difficult to merit using it, was still cool to make some idle chatter.

It makes people not talk because they press a button, then proceed to turn off their brain and completely ignore any human interaction to face roll the dungeon. People always talked in GW2, they always talked in FF11, they always talked in Rift(before dungeon finder), they always talked in WOW(before dungeon finder), they talked in every game I played where they had to look in LFG, put up a LFG, put up a search comment, or just ask for an invite. When you can turn your brain off, watch TV while waiting in a queue, people just for some reason don't want to even say "hi" or ANYTHING during a dungeon and completely turn their brains off pretending they're soloing. Either that, or it attracts more anti-social people who don't want to talk and are just there for their free loot pinatas.

There is definitely more bot-like anti-social behavior in video games with dungeon finders compared to older ones, or even current ones without it. The difference is like night and day, and if I have anything I'm going to blame it on, it's dungeon finder, because it's literally the only difference besides the games themselves, unless they attract completely different communities,but I doubt that considering a game will get more bot-like and anti-social AFTER a dungeon finder is added. I've played games where people weren't completely quiet/ignoring anything you say(HEY THERES AN OPTIONAL BOSS YOU SKIPPED GO BACK >insert tanks name here< -crickets-), then after dungeon finder was added you find infinite amount of groups where people just don't talk and ignore everything.

Thus, dungeon finder either makes these weirdos want to queue, since they don't have to have any human interaction to actually get inside of a group, a paradise for these people, or it existing just makes everyone give 0 fucks and just come for the loot train ride.

I think it's the attraction of 0 effort required to join a group, you don't have to scan for people looking for groups, you don't need to confront someone with a tell(OH GOD THE HORROR!) asking "hey can I join I'm level XXX and XXX class", you don't have to confront getting turned down, no pressure, just press a button and do whatever until it pops. It creates lazy and people, and that lazy creates even more lazy, until people are eventually so lazy they don't even care anymore and just turn their brains off completely.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The combat is really fun but the dungeon I did(first one) was so easy Also I'm sick of dungeon finder, GW2 not having it was so nice. Playing with fucking robots who don't talk or read chat at all is about as fun as..well, it's not fun at all. Why even fucking have dungeons if you're gonna automate console FPS the fuck out them? just let me solo/duo them and pretend it's a fucking single player/co-op game at that point. Idiot devs, fuck off with dungeon finder.
    (just noticed)

How does.. having a dungeon finder, or not having one.. make any difference in how people interact with you, once inside a dungeon...?

With LFG tool = Faster que for instances, easier to find people, you can quest/exp while you wait, if there are dungeon quests you can get these done easily.
    Without LFG tool = Have to spam for a group either sitting outside the instance, or in world/area chat etc. Sure they can "chat" with you, while they wait for X member (usually leader) to get people, then after they go in, dead silent.

LFG tool, makes literally no... none difference in how much people chat while inside an instance. The only "extra" chatting that may take place, is while they wait for the leader, to go find people. The usual afk, or brb, or "oh yeah, I'm helping find people too" (then afks). or "need to go walk the dog afk, or going to get a snack etc etc

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It makes people not talk because they press a button, then proceed to turn off their brain and completely ignore any human interaction to face roll the dungeon. People always talked in GW2, they always talked in FF11, they always talked in Rift(before dungeon finder), they always talked in WOW(before dungeon finder), they talked in every game I played where they had to look in LFG, put up a LFG, put up a search comment, or just ask for an invite. When you can turn your brain off, watch TV while waiting in a queue, people just for some reason don't want to even say "hi" or ANYTHING during a dungeon and completely turn their brains off pretending they're soloing. Either that, or it attracts more anti-social people who don't want to talk and are just there for their free loot pinatas.

There is definitely more bot-like anti-social behavior in video games with dungeon finders compared to older ones, or even current ones without it. The difference is like night and day, and if I have anything I'm going to blame it on, it's dungeon finder, because it's literally the only difference besides the games themselves, unless they attract completely different communities,but I doubt that considering a game will get more bot-like and anti-social AFTER a dungeon finder is added.

Thus, dungeon finder either makes these weirdos want to queue, since they don't have to have any human interaction to actually get inside of a group, a paradise for these people, or it existing just makes everyone give 0 fucks and just come for the loot train ride.
    Once again, all those games you're saying people talked in, actually required that people communicate. You've done the first dungeon in a game and it's pretty fucking easy; you don't need to communicate at all because it's so easy. That's bad dungeon design and has absolutely nothing to do with a dungeon finder...

If you're going to complain about something, at least complain about the correct thing.

Our tank completely skipped an optional boss and ignored us after we told him to go back and kill it. That isn't "The dungeon is easy", that's "the tank is a retard ignoring everyone" face rolling the dungeon".

Dungeon finder is usually cross server, and creates people not giving a fuck about their rep. "Oh I'll never see these people again, I better roll need on everything and not give a single fuck because I'm greedy!". That happens >>ALL THE TIME<<. People care about their rep when there isn't cross server dungeon finders, because they know they won't get invites and will get kicked, and will be hated. With a dungeon finder no one will care, hell, half the dungeon finders have such a half-assed horribly implemented kicking system that you can't even kick someone griefing the fuck out of your party 99.99% of the time.

This is completely off topic anyways, I don't really want to discuss it further. Game is really fun, hope the later content is challenging. Also hope it doesn't become pay to win, the founder packages are soo bad it's hilarious. You basically pay money for nothing..huge rip offs. The $30-40 mounts is also fucking stupid, gee let me pay $30-40 for a mount in a video game, OR LET ME BUY A COMPLETELY BRAND NEW GAME FOR $30-40, which option should I pick?!

Knowing Perfect World Entertainment, the cash shop will be complete bullshit, and might turn this game pay to win, also I'm scared about class balance, and how rogue might completely ruin PVP.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Our tank completely skipped an optional boss and ignored us after we told him to go back and kill it. That isn't "The dungeon is easy", that's "the tank is a retard ignoring everyone" face rolling the dungeon".
    So you had a bad experience with a shitty person and that means that the LFG tool is to blame? Also you don't need a tank for anything in that dungeon at all, because it's so easy.

EDIT: Because you keep editing your posts after I reply to them: Your logic is terrible and because of that you really don't have any argument whatsoever for the LFG system being the cause of people being retarded. Hint: It's not.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Anyone having problems trying to update the launcher?

Last I checked the servers were completely down.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Anyone having problems trying to update the launcher?
    servers down for.... a bug or something according to their forums thats either being flooded, or crashing.

(was able to get on it finally)

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images12nya/nw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    So you had a bad experience with a shitty person and that means that the LFG tool is to blame? Also you don't need a tank for anything in that dungeon at all, because it's so easy.

EDIT: Because you keep editing your posts after I reply to them: Your logic is terrible and because of that you really don't have any argument whatsoever for the LFG system being the cause of people being retarded. Hint: It's not.
    Have to agree, that its either a bad tank, or he's already got the gear the optional boss drops, or is in a hurry. You will find people like this WITH OR WITHOUT A LFG TOOL based instance.

Considering a server tends to have, thousands of users, the likely hood you will see them again the next day is pretty low, if near nonexistant unless your stalking them. Most, won't care what they do.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Second dungeon was not much harder btw. 3 rogue 1 guardian 1 wizard. Everyone had a cleric comp out. Pretty much rolled right through it. Last boss needed a couple extra pots.

It is slowly getting harder. Think traps need to be more dangerous. Mimics should also do tons more damage. Also more gelatinous cubes.

Also what is going on with great weapon fighters? Are they another type of tank? They don't seem to keep up very well as a dps.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thinking LFG killed talking in WoW is just all kinds of rofl. (People didn't talk in WoW WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before lfg.)

Just came in to see if there were launcher issues as we all decided to give this a shot and d/l'd it. Good to know we weren't the only ones. Any idea how long it's going to be down for?

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Take with a grain of salt as I don't play a GWF but they apparently don't come into their own (ie competitive) till after level 30. Even then, while they'll do better aoe, a rogue will still outdo single target.

There were some dungeons I wish I had a gwf instead of a rogue due to how many freaking adds were popping. If you guys want some fun level cleric it gets so much freaking hate its not funny, especially when no one in the group helps and just for some stupid reason sticks to the boss only. Having to kite and kill 20 adds solo is fun lol. Yes mobs do start hitting pretty hard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast