+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Neverwinter

Didnt see this posted, if it already has been sorry..Not a huge budget mmo but looks pretty fun. and FTP

I think it has much potential, especially with the foundry

http://crypticstudios.com/neverwinter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It's definitely been on my radar. Being able to deliver a good F2P game would really liven up the genre I think, especially if it can be at least somewhat profitable. For a traditional high fantasy MMO I'm still looking forward to TESO to see what they can deliver, but Neverwinter isn't looking that bad so far.

wow so I just realized I have a beta key since last year sometime when I preordered Torchlight 2, good thing I dont delete all my emails. beta has not started yet unfortunately

First beta this weekend
    Live stream tomorrow from devs.1-3 pst http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-TOMORROW.html

Watching the stream, the game is pretty impressive

Built in voice chat, totally customizable interface, very smooth gameplay. I am loving what I am seeing so far

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Yeah I think I may throw down 60$ on that founder's pack after what I see this weekend of the beta

Heh, I was skeptical at first thinking the combat system was pretty watered down and simple, I am glad I was so wrong about that

TBs Vid

Pretty damn awesome game atm, playing the guardian fighter and it feels very very nice in terms of responsiveness etc.

If anyone is interested there is a beta weekend starting today at 12 pst, This game is def flying under the radar, but I must promote it as being very decent and has much potential.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I got my beta key for this weekend. Already patched and ready to go when I get home Gonna try to snag "Guyverarmor" as the name.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They never sent me a keys...

Messed with the new class control wizard, very nice abilities loving the party mechanics in the dungeons. Lots of potential.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I am really not liking it based on 4th Edition D&D rules though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Rooting on melee classes, even with the "1" ability is annoying.

I don't want to hear the TERA excuse that it makes combat more tactical.

I rather be rooted than be sliding around. I like the animations and gives them a more realistic hard hitting feel, I know when I swing a sword IRL its like that lol. I do like not being rooted in some games but It works pretty well here, according to the devs its more like are you gonna commit to let the combo run for dmg? or stop and gtfo of the way. Strafing while swinging a sword looks stupid imo it works for range but melee its just dumb, but thats just my opinion on understanding combat physics lol, there must be some rooting for any kind of power.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm fine with multi-hit, hard hitting, and long cast time abilities rooting me, but the basic "auto attack" chain rooting is annoying.

I get you for sure, but what kind of dmg can one do, while circling around while attacking? none, especially in melee. To me its really silly when games to that. If its animated as a simple jab for example sure I'll buy it. GW2 has it, and in some cases its poorly done. How can one freaking attack, while moving, with any force, with a hammer or great sword? Even when moving one has to root at the moment of attack with such weapons.

Also when you look at the combat animations for the melee, the guardian fighter and the rouge, the very basic attacks are pretty hard hitting and committed in animation. It would look really silly moving round while attacking like that.

I like that at least the guardian can block and move at the same time, so Its def a design choice by the devs. Even the stances and animations used promote it. Being able to strafe while blocking and stab over your shield, that's pretty awesome, so I take it the initial attack is meant to be a committed hard hitting skill.. I do like the combat, Its very well thought out and fits the style they are going for.

edit added a vid.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

I played the last week's beta. I must say, the control wizard feels nothing like a control wizard. The freeze debuff lasts like a second, and you get a shitty push back that you can make aoe. It was way more effective to aoe your top hitting damage skill. I'm pretty disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    I played the last week's beta. I must say, the control wizard feels nothing like a control wizard. The freeze debuff lasts like a second, and you get a shitty push back that you can make aoe. It was way more effective to aoe your top hitting damage skill. I'm pretty disappointed.
    I was a bit disappointed with it as well, also they made it very squishy when it comes to survival and no way to really control large groups of enemies consistently. Freeze takes way to long to activate imo.

It almost seems like they intend for the class to back up the tank by debuffing and taking care of any stray mobs that the tank may miss etc, temporarily..'

I really like guardian and cleric, looking forward to great weapon fighter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast