View Poll Results: Worst FF main villain?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garland - FFI

2 1.50%
  • The Emperor - FFII

3 2.26%
  • Cloud of Darkness - FFIII

17 12.78%
  • Zemus/Zeromus - FFIV

5 3.76%
  • Ex-Death - FFV

9 6.77%
  • Kefka - FFVI

7 5.26%
  • Sephiroth - FFVII

23 17.29%
  • Ultimecia - FFVIII

21 15.79%
  • Kuja - FFIX

22 16.54%
  • Sin/Jecht - FFX

25 18.80%
  • Shadow Lord - FFXI

13 9.77%
  • Vayne Solidor - FFXII

11 8.27%
  • Barthandelus - FFXIII

37 27.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst FF main villain     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Worst FF main villain

There was some demand from the Worst main character thread for a villain thread. So I'm curious to see who is BG's most hated villains.

I'm keeping it for the main villains only. If I started adding in other villains there would be too many.

I know some main villains are iffy but here is my reasoning for why I gave it to Kuja for FF9 but not to Golbez in FF4, because both were the main villain of their respective games up until the very end. The only difference is that Golbez was being controlled the whole time and was shocked by his own actions when he was freed. Whereas Kuja was the villain acting of his own will the entire time, he simply was pushed back at the end and replaced for the final boss by something that he unleashed.

As for my vote, it goes to Barthandalus simply because I hated his fucking pope like character design.

Ridill
    BG Level

So, who's the main villain for FFX? Seymore? Sin? Jecht? That small little ball boss thing at the end?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I went with Sin/Jecht. Mostly because Sin is the held up as the primary villain for the game and the group's goal is to defeat him. And Jecht is Sin.

Was thinking about making it Seymour but I decided he was Yuna's main antagonist and Jecht was Tidus' main antagonist. And since Tidus is the main character I went with Sin/jecht.

Ridill
    BG Level

I went with Bart. Even when he was supposed to be the big bad villain, he just never felt like he was one.

How long until a Best Cid thread!

should Caius be counted? Not that I would vote for him. I thought he was a decent villain.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I figure lets just keep it for the main numbered FFs because otherwise I'd be including Shuyin from FFX-2 as well.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I went with Sephrioth just because of all the horrible FFXI names I've seen.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Kefka because lolrandumb xD fucking magnets how do they work
    Kuja because he was just throwing a hissy fit.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Voted for Ultimecia because as much as I love that game, all of the glaring plot holes were entirely her doing. Her master plan could have been achieved through MUCH simpler means.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

considering you don't exactly see or hear of Cloud of Darkness till the very last part of FF3, Xande is the real main antagonist of FF3. A case could be made for Jenova in FF7 as well, but that a different story lol.

I'd go with whoever FF3s villian is tho. S/he never really did help drive the story along.

My fave is Kuja

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Should've really learned from the last thread and made it single vote only. People are going to just come in and vote every option just because they can.

Sephiroth wasn't really the main villain of FFVII <.< Yeah, he's who everyone thinks about because of the black cloths, long hair, and big sword, but Jenova is the real villain. Besides the flashback, the singular cut-scene showing the Weapons waking up, and the final fight, all showings of him are Jenova. Hell, the only reason you even have to bother killing him is because of the Jenova cells in him.

But yeah, voting the first 3 FF's because they all just suck.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Sephiroth wasn't really the main villain of FFVII <.< Yeah, he's who everyone thinks about because of the black cloths, long hair, and big sword, but Jenova is the real villain. Besides the flashback, the singular cut-scene showing the Weapons waking up, and the final fight, all showings of him are Jenova. Hell, the only reason you even have to bother killing him is because of the Jenova cells in him.

But yeah, voting the first 3 FF's because they all just suck.
    While 100% accurate, everyone will always think Sephiroth when thinking of the villain of FF7. The guy continues to haunt us even today, which is something no other villain has been able to achieve.

XxSephiroth15xX EVERYWHERE

I mean shit, we even have a Sephiroth on these boards and he's a fucking terribad too, the name is just associated with villain all around!

Hate the fanboy, not the villain

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

On a side note, my vote definitely goes to Cloud of Darkness just for being so pointless and horrible. But, in their defense no characters back then had any sort of personality so I guess I shouldn't hate Cloud of Darkness too much.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I can only see this thread going bad.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The other one went fine overall until the emo argument.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Voted Kuja, I really give too much leeway to the first 4 games since the limitations of the era are what makes those villains meh to me. Kuja was the first villain of the "modern" style FFs that I didn't really like.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Voted for Bart. He just didn't seem too villainy to me. If I beat the final boss/main bad dude and I shout obscenities then I think they're a good badguy. When I beat Bart I was just like "meh"

Should've voted for Vayne too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    On a side note, my vote definitely goes to Cloud of Darkness just for being so pointless and horrible. But, in their defense no characters back then had any sort of personality so I guess I shouldn't hate Cloud of Darkness too much.
    Hey.

That bitch had some fine 8-bit titties.

More than you can say for fkin Necron that's for sure.

Spoiler: show
    idc if he's not in the poll, the polls are stupid

Banned.

BG Level

Lol shadow lord... My second would be Bart cause of the way they designed his second form, it looked like a painting if you looked at it from the front.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast