Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Oscar Pistorius (double amputee Olympic sprinter, "blade runner") arrested after shooting in his home left woman dead. Supposedly his girlfriend, multiple gunshot wounds.

PRETORIA, South Africa -- Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius was arrested Thursday after a 30-year-old woman was shot dead at his home in South Africa.

Police said the 26-year-old Pistorius, a double-amputee known as "Blade Runner," was taken into custody after the shooting early Thursday morning at his home in a gated complex.

Lt. Col. Katlego Mogale told The Associated Press that police received a call that there had been a shooting at the runner's home. Mogale said when police arrived, they found paramedics trying to revive the woman, who had been shot an unspecified number of times. Mogale, who was at the scene, said the woman died at the home. Police have not released the name of the woman.

Officers found a 9-mm pistol at Pistorius' home. Mogale said Pistorius was expected to appear in court later Thursday.

Several South African media outlets reported that the woman was Pistorius' girlfriend and that he may have mistaken her for a burglar and shot her, but police did not clarify the woman's relationship to Pistorius.

South Africa's Sports Confederation and Olympic committee released a statement saying they had been "inundated" with requests for comment, but were not in a position to give out any details of the shooting.

"SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary," the South African Olympic committee said. "The organization is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned."

SACOC said it would be inappropriate to comment because of the ongoing police investigation.

Pistorius made history in London last year when he became the first double-amputee track athlete to compete in the Olympic Games. He is one of South Africa's and the world's most famous athletes.

Having had both his legs amputated below the knee before his first birthday because of a congenital condition, he campaigned for years to be allowed to compete against able-bodied athletes. Having initially been banned because of his carbon fiber blades -- which critics said gave him an unfair advantage -- he was cleared by sport's highest court in 2008 and allowed to run at the top events.

He competed in the 400 meters and on South Africa's 4x400 relay team at the London Games, making history after being have his selection confirmed on South Africa's team at the very last minute. He also retained his Paralympic title in the 400 meters in London.
    http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...torius-002.jpg

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

it wasnt me! it was the one-legged man! YOU FIND THAT MAN

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    it wasnt me! it was the one-legged man! YOU FIND THAT MAN
    Still one of my favs:

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

"is that like off a movie or something"

WAT

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

also, all men who are celebrating valentines day tomorrow, you can thank oscar pistorius. if your gf says her valentines day sucked, just tell her hey, at least i didnt shoot you in the face

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY OSCAR

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Oh god lol...Vent harassment...fucking old school shit there hahahahahahaha i forgot how great those were

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Still one of my favs:

I loled. Too bad about Pistorius.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pistorius doesn't have a leg to stand on etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Still one of my favs:
    Hey daralon, my mom, she got me this new game

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

oh god lol..the laffs

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Lol that one is okay but I literally laughed for like 10 min on the first WOW nerd vid, with the leather belt thing.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Reports: A Bloodied Cricket Bat Was Found At Oscar Pistorius’s Home And Reeva Steenkamp’s Skull Was “Crushed”

Sean Newell

South Africa's City Press is reporting that a bloodied cricket bat was found in Pistorius's home and that it may have been used against his girlfriend of four months, Reeva Steenkamp. Police are investigating several different scenarios involving the bat, including whether it was used against Steenkamp, if Pistorius used it to break through the bathroom door or if Steenkamp used it in self defense against Pistorius. It is also being reported that Steenkamp's skull was crushed. The bat was said to have been covered in "lots of blood."

In its report, City Press claims to have spoken to three sources close to the investigation. According to the sources, police have ruled out the possibility of the mistaken burglar angle and the state has a "rock-solid" case against Pistorius. We've already had reports that police were called hours earlier because of a loud argument and that Steenkamp was shot through the bathroom door. The Press sources have provided a more fleshed-out account of the events leading up to bathroom shooting.

Steenkamp was wearing her nightie at the time. When the police inspected Oscar's bedroom, they found her overnight bag and iPad on the floor. A holster for a 9mm pistol was found on Oscar's side of the bed.

The bedclothes were crumpled. "It was clear that both of them had slept in the bed," said a police source.

One cartridge was found in the bedroom and the police suspect Oscar may have "chased" her and fired the first shot before Steenkamp could lock herself inside the toilet.

"The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head, which is why the bullet also went through her hand," said a source.

It is unclear from this account how or when the cricket bat played into the altercation. Police requested that Pistorius's blood be analyzed for steroid and other drug use in anticipation for a "roid rage" defense.

Following the shooting, Pisotrius allegedly called his family.

Pistorius' father received a call from his son just after 3.20am on Thursday, asking him to come to his house. When his family arrived, Oscar was carrying Steenkamp's body down the stairs from his bedroom to the entrance hall. Her head and arms were "dangling".

He allegedly told his sister, Aimee, that something terrible had happened and that he had mistaken Steenkamp for a burglar. The police questioned Aimee and took a sworn statement from her.

Steenkamp was still breathing and Pistorius tried to resuscitate her in the foyer. Paramedics and police arrived on the scene and, minutes later, she was declared dead.

The Pistorius family is sticking to the burglary narrative for the time being. Henke Pistorius told The Telegraph that he believes the story Oscar reportedly told his sister Aimee because of the nature of South Africa and athletes in general.

"When you wake up in the middle of the night - and crime is so endemic in South Africa - what do you do if somebody is in the house? Do you think it's one of your family? Of course you don't," he said.

"When you are a sportsman, you act even more on instinct," he said. "It's instinct - things happen and that's what you do."

Exclusive – The case against Oscar [City Press]
    Oscar Pistorius case: bloodied cricket bat is key evidence, paper claims [The Guardian]
    Oscar Pistorius shot Reeva Steenkamp 'on instinct', his father says [The Telegraph]

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

got damn son

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

what the fuck man

GATTACA!

BG Level

dude may have some issues

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Brutal.

Watched some test olympic events at Sochi on CBC yesterday. Moguls and skiing. Some crazy wipeouts in the moguls.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

ogod

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Chris Froome won the Tour of Oman. Those Brits own road and track cycling.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    Chris Froome won the Tour of Oman. Those Brits own road and track cycling.
    Read that as some Thundercats reference. ohman.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Was unsure where else to put this: does anyone collect sports cards still? I just came across a book of some mint condition cards. Great ones too, Gretzky, Reggie White, Griffey Jr, etc. Would love to cash these in if I could

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Was unsure where else to put this: does anyone collect sports cards still? I just came across a book of some mint condition cards. Great ones too, Gretzky, Reggie White, Griffey Jr, etc. Would love to cash these in if I could
    I personally just have some wrestling cards from the early 90s. My bro has a whole bunch of hockey cards from 1991 I believe. I used to collect them as a kid but grew out of that phase. I believe I have a couple Eric Lindros Team Canada world junior cards from 1990.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag