• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Oh I have a fuckton of cards, but a lot arent in great condition. I do have several books with those 9-card-per sleeve clear plastic pages full of cards

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Oh I have a fuckton of cards, but a lot arent in great condition. I do have several books with those 9-card-per sleeve clear plastic pages full of cards
    You just reminded me I have several 3 ring binders full of baseball and football cards. Lots of rookie cards and some autographed, mostly chipper jones autographs though. I'll have to take a look later. Same thing, 9 per sleeve. Think I've got some Pokemon cards too haha.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Was unsure where else to put this: does anyone collect sports cards still? I just came across a book of some mint condition cards. Great ones too, Gretzky, Reggie White, Griffey Jr, etc. Would love to cash these in if I could
    I think autographed ones have value but most of the others aren't that great. Every kid in the 80s thought they were going to keep that million dollar card in their sock drawer so even good players' rookie cards aren't that rare.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I had an old box laying around that I came across last week. I had the more valuable cards put in a separate binder. I know one Clemens card I had was worth about $50 back in the 90s. Now it's worth about .15 cents.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Did anyone buy those MLB Showdown cards that were around like 15 years ago? That game was the shit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The sports trading card market completely crashed a few years ago and mostly every card made after 1980 is worth jack shit now. I guess it was to be expected once there were close to 40 different sets a year in baseball alone, not counting special collections and whatnot, and packs of 10 cards were selling for $5-10 a pop.

I just looked up my Barry Sanders and Emmit Smith rookie cards and they are only worth 75 cents and $1.47 now, when at one point both were close to $100. The Eric Lindros rookie card I bought for $15 is now worth $3, which is actually more than I thought it would be.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Soa View Post
    I just looked up my Barry Sanders and Emmit Smith rookie cards and they are only worth 75 cents and $1.47 now, when at one point both were close to $100. The Eric Lindros rookie card I bought for $15 is now worth $3, which is actually more than I thought it would be.
    Damn...thats brutal...

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So the Oscar Pistorius case is getting retarded. Apparently the lead investigator is also under murder investigation and has been several times before. His testimony was confusing and muddled, and they removed him from the case and are getting a new investigator. Possible bad investigation and false evidence etc. What a twist! Maybe Pistorius will get off.

PRETORIA, South Africa -- Ahead of a judge's decision on whether to release Oscar Pistorius on bail, South African police on Thursday appointed a new chief detective in the murder case, replacing a veteran policeman who was himself charged with attempted murder.

The sensational twist in the state's troubled investigation fueled growing public fascination with the case against the double-amputee Olympian, who is charged with premeditated murder in the shooting death of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, in the early hours of Valentine's Day.

Pistorius, a sporting icon and source of inspiration to millions until the shooting a week ago, is backed by a high-powered team of lawyers and publicists. The abruptness of his fall, and its gruesome circumstances, have gripped a global audience and put South Africa's police and judicial system under the spotlight.

Much of the drama Thursday, however, happened outside the courtroom as South African police scrambled to get their investigation on track.

In a news conference at a training academy, National Police Commissioner Riah Phiyega said a senior detective would gather a team of "highly skilled and experienced" officers to investigate the killing of 29-year-old Steenkamp, a model and budding reality TV contestant.

The decision to put police Lt. Gen. Vinesh Moonoo in charge came soon after word emerged that the initial chief investigator, Hilton Botha, is facing attempted murder charges, and a day after he offered testimony damaging to the prosecution.

Botha acknowledged Wednesday in court that nothing in Pistorius' version of the fatal shooting of Steenkamp contradicted what police had discovered, even though there have been some discrepancies. Botha also said that police had left a 9 mm slug in the toilet and had lost track of allegedly illegal ammunition found in Pistorius' home.

"This matter shall receive attention at the national level," Phiyega told reporters soon after the end of proceedings in the third day of Pistorius' bail hearing.

Bulelwa Makeke, spokeswoman for South Africa's National Prosecuting Authority, said the attempted murder charges had been reinstated against Botha on Feb. 4. Police say they found out about it after Botha testified in Pistorius' bail hearing Wednesday.

Botha and two other police officers had seven counts of attempted murder reinstated against them in relation to a 2011 shooting incident. Botha and his two colleagues allegedly fired shots at a minibus they were trying to stop.
    There is a video here that explains quite a lot: http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackand...-case-replaced

On Thursday, Chief Magistrate Desmond Nair asked the defense of Pistorius' bail application: "Do you think there will be some level of shock if the accused is released?"

Defense lawyer Roux responded: "I think there will be a level of shock in this country if he is not released."

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My mind was blown when I heard that guy is still working and not suspended whilst facing attempted murder. And then further blown by a jury here in England asking the judge questions including

Q4. Can you define what is reasonable doubt?
    Answer: “A reasonable doubt is a doubt that is reasonable. These are ordinary English words that the law does not allow me to help you with
    Q5. Can a juror come to a verdict based on a reason that was not presented in court and has no facts or evidence to support it?
    Answer: “The answer to that question is a firm no. That is because it would be completely contrary to the directions I have given you.”
    On topic even if aussie rules is terribad:

http://gifs.gifbin.com/072011/131178...ball_catch.gif

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Dude, Aussie rules football owns. Gotta love the refs in the sparkly white suits when they make the sign for a good FG try.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Oscar released on bail, June is the trial. Judge didn't like the lead guys testimony and possible tampering.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    So the Oscar Pistorius case is getting retarded. Apparently the lead investigator is also under murder investigation and has been several times before. His testimony was confusing and muddled, and they removed him from the case and are getting a new investigator. Possible bad investigation and false evidence etc. What a twist! Maybe Pistorius will get off.
    I didn't know Mark Fuhrman moved to South Africa!

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rich white guy with good lawyers in a massively corrupt banana republic getting off? /shockedface.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Huge crash at the end of the Daytona Nationwide event. An engine ended up into the stands it looks like

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

That shit's pretty crazy. One fan is in surgery with head trauma and is in critical condition

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

http://deadspin.com/5986464/todays-n...d-torn-in-half

check out the vid from the stands at around half the page, and their was a camera man right where the engine went through. He is probably going to be shitting bricks for the next month.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

"Do you get to keep the engine if you catch it? Or do you have to give it back like in basketball?"

So wrong but I laffed

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

oh nascar

This year, in a continued effort to show racing fast cars should appeal to more than just its traditionally white fan base, the circuit brought in African American celebrities such as recording artists 50 Cent and T.I. and future Hall of Fame NFL star Ray Lewis to the Daytona 500. It's a long way from the traditional slate of country singers.

Yet even with the best intentions, the intended message may not be getting out.

"Damn, I don't see no black people lol," 50 Cent tweeted Sunday after arriving at Daytona International Speedway.

That was about the last message NASCAR was hoping to have hammered home to 50 Cent's nearly eight million followers.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Luca Paolini won the road cycling stage in Belgium yesterday, but today's stage was snowed out. That would be awesome to see 100+ cyclists try to navigate on snow-covered roads.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text