• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Davis Cup action this weekend. Canada up 2-1 on Spain. They just need one more win and they will probably get it. No Nadal playing.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Gus Johnson is being groomed to call the 2018 world cup.

My body is ready for 15 point games coming down to PKs.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Gus Johnson is being groomed to call the 2018 world cup.

My body is ready for 15 point games coming down to PKs.
    Just tune in to QBR games, they are all but guaranteed to give up 9+ gpg.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    St. Paul native Lindsey Vonn's knee did an RG3 earlier today while she was competing in the Alpine Skiing World Championships in Austria. Medics treated her on the slope for more than 10 minutes before she was airlifted to the hospital.

There's no word yet as to the extent of her injury, but whenever an athlete's leg buckles like this, you don't expect the news to be good.
    http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...rash_video.php

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

She tore her ACL, MCL and broke her tibia iirc

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    She tore her ACL, MCL and broke her tibia iirc
    Yeah that's what I read too, and she might not be ready for the Olympics.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

This was posted on the Louisville messageboards last night...

I've met Gus Johnson and talked with him several times

He used to hang out and get drunk at this bar my soccer team drank at every game night. About a year and a half ago, I went up to him and introduced myself., said I was from Louisville and that we all really appreciated everything he had done for college basketball. Then he started asking about soccer, and told me his new boss at Fox had hinted that there might be some work for him in soccer, as Fox was really getting into it. I told him how awesome it would be. He was not sure at all about it. He never played it, and he didn't really watch it.

So we kept talking and I got one of my teammates (tottenham fan from London) to come over and start explaining some stuff to him, to kind of show him the passion they had. An hour later, we're still talking, he's still taking notes, writing shit down on bar napkins, just absorbing it all while clearly drunk. He buys me a shot and starts signing the napkins, and hands me one. On it, it says, "To Stephen, thanks for making me a million dollars tonight. Rise and fire, Gus Johnson." I cannot wait to hear him broadcast games on Fox, especially the World Cup. Imagine him announcing Landycakes' goal from WC 2010 vs. Algeria...

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ha. Gus Johnson, always godlike.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Losing to Honduras. Lawl.

GATTACA!

BG Level

they were in the WC in 2010 so they aren't exactly a pushover

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone have any insight as to why the Olympics are dropping wrestling?

Seems weird to me, as that's one of the few sports that's still around from the ancient Olympics. When you've got medal events such as Dressage, Synchronized Swimming, Beach Volleyball, Rhythmic Gymnastics, some martial arts, Golf (coming 2016) and Trampoline, why are they cutting wrestling? I'm no fan of wrestling, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Modern Pentathalon is some retarded shit, and should have been dropped.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I was shocked when I heard this news. I guess they had to make room for roller sports and climbing?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

A nice number of nations also particpate in it which makes dropping it all the weirder.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Anyone have any insight as to why the Olympics are dropping wrestling?

Seems weird to me, as that's one of the few sports that's still around from the ancient Olympics. When you've got medal events such as Dressage, Synchronized Swimming, Beach Volleyball, Rhythmic Gymnastics, some martial arts, Golf (coming 2016) and Trampoline, why are they cutting wrestling? I'm no fan of wrestling, but it doesn't make much sense to me.
    don't forget steeplechase

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qpEUbgz3GN...XpO80ePzil.jpg

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Snowmobile Freestyle Demo at Tignes is cancelled while they review safety changes and such.

A snowmobile freestyle exhibition scheduled during X Games Tignes 2013 next month has been canceled, ESPN announced Tuesday, citing a review of the sport that began after the death of competitor Caleb Moore from injuries suffered at X Games Aspen.
    Moore, a four-time X Games Snowmobile Freestyle medalist, died Jan. 31 in Colorado, one week after his attempt at a backflip in the freestyle event failed and the skis on his 450-pound snowmobile caught the lip of the landing area and sent him flying over the handlebars. The snowmobile rolled over Moore, leaving him with a concussion and bleeding around his heart.
    "Our review of snowmobile freestyle continues. In the meantime, we have decided to forego the planned demonstration freestyle event at X Games Tignes," ESPN said in its statement. X Games Tignes in France, the second of six global X Games events this year, will feature snowboarding and skiing competition March 20-22.
    The news comes less than one week after the International Series of Champions canceled freestyle events that had been planned in conjunction with AMSOIL Championship Snocross races in Williamsburg, Mich., and Lake Geneva, Wis., out of respect for Moore.
    Moore was buried Thursday in Wheeler, Texas, where family and friends gathered to celebrate his life and many accomplishments.
    "He was always down to help out other people," said Moore's younger brother, Colten, according to the Amarillo Globe-News. "Without Caleb, I don't know what I would have done growing up because he was always there for me … I can pretty much say he taught me everything I know. When we raced together, he pushed me to go faster and made me jump jumps that I wouldn't have done. Even if I couldn't do it, he would push me until I could."
    Colten Moore, an X Games gold medalist who competed with his brother in Snowmobile Freestyle every year since 2010, declined to comment on the cancellation of the Tignes event.
    Australian rider Jackson "Jacko" Strong, who was a friend and teammate of Moore's, collaborated with his sponsors at Rockstar Energy and Metal Mulisha to auction off his competition snowmobile to benefit the Moore family. The auction closed Friday afternoon with a final bid of $10,600. Strong told ESPN.com last week that Moore would have done the same for any fallen rider.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

olympics should have dropped badminton since they just throw the matches in that sport anyway

bring back pankration. FITE TO THE DEATH

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Modern Pentathalon is some retarded shit, and should have been dropped.
    This shoulda been dropped. it wasn't cuz of IOC politics shit. Sammaranch's son is the head of the Modern Pentathlon association. This is why wrestling got axed. IOC be so corrupt.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Shit is retarded, couldn't axe golf or something no one gives a fuck about?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag