Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

http://xgames.espn.go.com/events/201...-x-games-aspen

Caleb Moore's brother wins gold a year after his fatal accident

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

And Japan's official World Cup mascot is...

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/4142465/img_photo1.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Jiggle Test: The hardships of a American Cheerleader
    http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...s_getty624.jpg
    Three lawsuits have shed a light on some of the pitfalls associated with professional cheerleading. And behind the pom-poms and razzmatazz, life can be hard.

This year, there have already been three lawsuits filed against professional football clubs in the National Football League (NFL) arguing that the scantily-clad, well-trained dancers who work the sidelines aren't compensated fairly for their work, at best, and are subject to degrading work conditions and unwanted sexual contact at worst.

Cheerleaders from the Oakland Raiders, Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills have all filed lawsuits claiming the teams don't pay them a fair wage.

The lawsuits have shone a light on the hazards of what's traditionally been seen as a fun, glamorous job for female football enthusiasts.

PERK: A national stage. For many women who grew up taking dance lessons, it's a chance to both continue to learn and to show their skills in front of a national TV audience.

"Think of what you might pay out of pocket for the training you'd receive and what you'd pay to take advanced dance training," says Flavia Berys, a former NFL cheerleader and author of Professional Cheerleading Audition Secrets.

PROBLEM: Every inch is scrutinised. According to the Bills lawsuit, women are subjected to "jiggle tests," where they are judged on their physical appearance in their outfit and told which problem areas need work. Too many warnings for an out-of-shape body could lead to sitting out a game.

PERK: Clubs bring in hair stylists and makeup professionals who serve as team sponsors and provide touch-ups on game day.

PROBLEM: The team can make demands about how the cheerleaders look. According to a copy of the Baltimore Ravens' rulebook, "All fair-skinned cheerleaders must have a warm skin colour tone for every game day. This is provided through tanning and/or spray tanning."

A discount is provided, but the cheerleaders ultimately end up paying out of pocket for the rest. Members of the Buffalo club, where cheerleaders are called the Buffalo Jills, allege that they were forced to use the sponsor services, with discount, rather than seek out a cheaper alternative.

Selections from the Jill's handbook

The handbook for Buffalo Jills didn't just include rules and regulations about game day appearance and fraternising with players. It also included language about personal care and social grace. Some excerpts include:

• When trying to "capture" a small piece of food onto a utensil, it is acceptable to use another utensil for aiding it aboard. Never use your fingers.
    • Always avoid: Politics, religion, sexual references… Inappropriate jokes, strong opinions, gossip, saying "I" or "me" too often.
    • When menstruating, use a product that is right for your menstrual flow. A tampon too big can irritate and develop fungus.
    PERK: The teams often pose for calendar shots, which are then sold as fundraisers. Cheerleaders are able to pocket the profits from their personal sales.

PROBLEM: In several cases, the cheerleaders are required to buy the calendars outright, and then keep whatever they make only after they've recouped their costs. If the calendars don't sell, that's money they don't get back.

PERK: Cheerleaders have special significance in the US, where they stand for wholesome beauty and all-American charm.

PROBLEM: Heckling and groping. "Let's be honest. You're an NFL cheerleader and you're standing in front of 10,000 drunk guys all the time," says Gabrielle Montemage, a former Buffalo Jill. She says she never felt like the sexual attention "went too far." Some of the Jills, however, allege that they were forced to work events without proper security and were touched without permission.

PERK: Cheerleaders are considered ambassadors for the team within the community. Montemage considers it a point of pride that she was able to work closely with the Make A Wish Foundation, and that she got to travel to Iraq to entertain US troops

PROBLEM: A certain number of volunteer gigs are often required, and as the name implies, unpaid.

PERK: A chance to be part of the NFL action. "You get something from cheerleading that you don't get in any other stage type of dance, and that is the tens of thousands of fans who are all rooting for their team," says Berys. "You get to lead that energy, feel that energy thunder over you. It's so exciting. You don't get that high from anything else."

PROBLEM: Most Raiders and Jills cheerleaders make around $100 (£60). Bengals cheerleaders get $90. They receive no compensation for time spent practising or working at events. Only one club, the Seattle Seahawks, has said they pay cheerleaders an hourly wage and overtime.

In the end, says Sharon Vinick, the lawyer representing the Raiderettes, it doesn't matter that there are thousands of women lining up to do the job or that they get perks associated with the NFL.

The NFL isn't just about football. It's about pageantry and spectacle, and above all, commerce, bringing in $9bn (£5.3bn) last year. The cheerleaders, she says, should get their share.

Where do the lawsuits stand?

In February, the Justice Department declared the Oakland Raiders cheerleaders "seasonal entertainment" and thus not subject to the federal law. The suit is now slated to go to arbitration.

The company that manages the Buffalo Jills has suspended the cheerleading programme for this season, though that will not have any legal bearings on the suit.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27260466
    http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/202...ew_mode=scroll

You might think "Jiggle Test" is a joke, but this is actually what the BBC named the article.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

PROBLEM: Most Raiders and Jills cheerleaders make around $100 (£60). Bengals cheerleaders get $90. They receive no compensation for time spent practising or working at events. Only one club, the Seattle Seahawks, has said they pay cheerleaders an hourly wage and overtime.
    that is absurd

solution? don't have cheerleaders - watching Aaron Rodgers play is entertainment enough for Green Bay fans, it's a shame every other team doesn't have Aaron Rodgers.

GATTACA!

BG Level

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The French are formidable at more than just tennis it seems.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Yeah Monfils is a freak athlete. Does a flip like it's nothing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Canada invading the All England Club. Bouchard in the finals and Raonic in the semis. This has been the best year ever in Canadian tennis.

GATTACA!

BG Level

really good Wimbledon final. not a lot of storylines, just two great players.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Oscar Pistorious found not guilty of premeditated murder.

More to come out soon.

Lol

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The South African judge in Oscar Pistorius' murder trial said Thursday that prosecutors have not proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the double-amputee Olympic athlete is guilty of premeditated murder. She also indicated he could not be found guilty of a lesser murder charge.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackand...ditated-murder

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Former WNBA player claims the league is 98% Homosexual, Encourages Bullying
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...217-story.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

University of Wisconsin would Rather Drop All College Sports than Pay Players, Walks Back Statements A Day Later
    Rebecca Blank testified on Monday at a landmark antitrust trial over the NCAA’s limits on compensation, basically preventing anything other than full scholarships.

But colleges treat athletes like professional athletes, using their names and likenesses to make money, and some athletes filed the suit in the belief it’s time to pay them for what they actually are.

“It’s not clear that we would continue to run an athletic program,” Blank said in her testimony. “We’re not interested in professional sports. We’re interested in student-athletes.”

But a spokesperson for the university, refusing to make Blank available for an interview, told the Wisconsin State Journal “the University of Wisconsin has no plans to stop offering athletics.”

“If a change to the structure of college athletics were to occur, UW would expect to be part of any conversation within the Big Ten and nationally about what that would mean for university athletic programs,” the statement said. “Chancellor Blank believes that the current set of NCAA rules governing payments to student athletes for the use of their names, images and likenesses are appropriate to maintain a market for amateur athletics in the university setting.”
    https://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/20...-pay-athletes/
    https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...f2054447d.html

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

BG Level

Over 13 mph for over 2 hours. I might be able to sprint 13mph for 10 seconds lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you can't sprint at that speed then you've probably got some medical issues.

That's something like a 17 second 100m, which is not fast at all.

BG Level

Oh haha yeah ok maybe I could run it for a minute then lol

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Oh haha yeah ok maybe I could run it for a minute then lol

that’s a 68 second 400, high doubt