BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2012-13 NFL Conference Championships: Pete Carroll is Lennay Kekua

Unequaled swagger in wins:

And unequaled swagger in losses:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_730.0.gif

PETE CARROLL I WILL MISS YOU

Also, Manti Te'o watched Weekend at Bernie's one too many times as a kid.

ALSO, this was too good not to re-post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by minar1981 View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV is currently down, do *not* buy it right now. The game was released years too early, and despite generally negative feedback on the early betas, and almost sank SquareEnix. They shuffled the development team, suspended the subscription fee, and started to work out patches to try to fix it.

In the end SquareEnix decided the rebuild would be too extensive, and announced that they were going to take down the old Final Fantasy XIV servers and completely rebuild the game into a "new" game: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. That game is in early Alpha now, with betas coming in February and a release in 'mid-2013'.

You will have to purchase an account (by either buying it online or getting a box in a store) and there will be a subscription fee. How much has not been officially announced yet.

If you want to play Final Fantasy online. Final Fantasy XI is also an online only MMO, it is still up and running and is moderately popular. It has not gone free-2-play unlike a lot of its contemporaries, you will have to buy and account and pay a subscription fee.
    i disagree. ffxiv is a good game, but donkey kong is the best game ever.

Had my perfect ATS weekend ruined by a half of a point in Atlanta. Fuck you Mike Smith, either lose or cover the spread next time.

Last week
    M/L: 3-1
    ATS: 3-1

Overall
    M/L: 170-93-1
    ATS: 132-124-8

ATTENTION INTERNET: I WILL BE IN LAS VEGAS THIS WEEKEND FOR MY BACHELOR PARTY. We planned it for this weekend for the express purpose of betting on these two games. Since you all care so deeply about my gambling success, I will report back to you posthaste. But during the games, you will have to find animated .gifs and Crimson Tide homerism somewhere else. Go JULIO.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 20TH

3:00pm EST, FOX

San Francisco at Atlanta (+4) - Good news: Colin Kaepernick ran for 181 yards last week. Bad news: It was against the Green Bay defense. Even though Atlanta isn't exactly a shutdown unit, they should perform better than the Pack did at containing Krapper. But a lot of the '9ers offensive damage was done by Michael Crabtree, and the Atlanta secondary just allowed Russell Wilson (a quarterback of very similar complexion skill set) to throw for 385 yards and two scores. They could struggle to cover Crabtree when Krapper is so good at buying time and making adjustments. I think there's no question San Fran will be able to put up points here, the issue will be if Atlanta can keep pace. The best thing JULIO did last week was pick off the hail mary, but Roddy White, Jacquizz Rodgers, and Tony Gonzalez picked up the slack. Atlanta will need everyone at the top of their game, although Roddy wand JULIO might benefit from getting away from Seattle's big, physical corners. Matt Ryan had plenty of time to distribute the ball, and San Fran will need to put pressure him early and often. They only sacked ARodg once last week, and that was with Green Bay's offensive line, so who knows what we'll see in the dome. I really want to say Atlanta will have just enough to get it done at home, and I was listening to Bill Parcells (lol) saying earlier that if it comes down to field goals, that's Atlanta's big advantage, and I can see it being a close game. But the Krapper is just too electric to bet against right now. 49ers win and cover.

6:30pm EST, CBS

Baltimore at New England (-9) - Ho hum, another 300+ yard, 3 TD playoff game for Tom Brady. The New England defense did give up 400 yards and 28 points, but it's not like the Pats are a ball control, eat up the clock and score-type team. All five of New England's touchdown drives took under three and a half minutes, giving Houston the ball back in short order. They did hold the Texans to 4-for-15 on third down conversions (even though they were 3-for-4 on fourth down) and did enough to survive and advance. Their next task is slowing down elite quarterback Joe Flacco tailback Ray Rice and the Ballmurr offense, who found a way to exploit a normally tough Denver defense. The Ravens remind me a lot of the Giants last season, a good but not great team finding an extra gear in the playoffs and winning against tough odds. The difference is no one on the G-men ever killed anyone (that we know of). Much like the early game, I think this will be very close. The "Win It for Ray (and Ed)" movement is in full swing, and I must admit Flacco has impressed me. But in a rematch of last year's AFC title game, I believe New England has improved, and Baltimore has regressed. Also, is Gronk's injury the most under-reported major story for a conference championship game? I guess no one thinks losing Gronk will slow down the Pats (I don't either). Patriots win, Ravens with the points.

So no Ryan versus Flacco, and no Harbowl. Just another New England Super Bowl appearance. Sorry bros.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

2012-13 NFL Conference Championships: Pete Carroll is Lennay Kekua

Good stuff

Demosthenes11

denver's defense blows

Demosthenes11

also, I can't help but think the fast pats offense is a direct response to last year's super bowl loss. Only held the ball for 21 min? let's just score faster, fuck defense

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    denver's defense blows

I mean, I can sorta understand you thinking that after Brady and Ridley went all Wolvy berserk style on them in week 5. But no.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

oh

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I mean, I can sorta understand you thinking that after Brady and Ridley went all Wolvy berserk style on them in week 5. But no.
    denver defense beats up on bad teams. if you have a team that has more than one dimension on offense, you'll put up 30+. look at who they played this year

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Filed to ESPN: Former Seahawks DC Gus Bradley has accepted the head coaching job with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gusbus stops in Jacksonville...I'm not sure which of the two remaining was the worse trainwreck, but I'm pretty sure it was the Jags.

edit: lol

@CardsMarkD Surprisingly large # of interview requests this AM for Reagan Mauia; many more than a typical Thursday for him

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

tappytalks, etc

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

pats/niners, aka the most boring of the possible matchups

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i am okay with this, if only so that kaepernacker can mollywop the pats

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    pats/niners, aka the most boring of the possible matchups
    Pats/Niners is the dream matchup I was denied last year, at least we're getting another shot at it now that Kyle Williams is on IR.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

@ZachZaidman: Multiple sources tell WSCR that Rod Marinelli will not be #Bears DC under Marc Trestman

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Re: 2012-13 NFL Conference Championships: Pete Carroll is Lennay Kekua

Ravens falcons

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Re: 2012-13 NFL Conference Championships: Pete Carroll is Lennay Kekua

Not sure if valisk since I'm on a mountain and tappytalks.

Teo-ing

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    Ravens falcons
    This.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Browns name Norv Turner OC