+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SFR just couldn't be bothered playing against VS anymore, the entire community is fed up busting its balls for 250-350 point scores for most of the day to just be rolled over with 460 night caps. Most of the active WvW guilds play EU prime and find it more enjoyable to actually play with EU servers instead of the french canadian PvDoor guilds on VS.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

I'm not a fan of VS' PvD at all but their french canadian community is marginal. They just have too many crazy WvW HC guilds covering their ass during the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    I'm not a fan of VS' PvD at all but their french canadian community is marginal. They just have too many crazy WvW HC guilds covering their ass during the night.
    Marginal or not their prime time is from 11-5 and there aren't many EU servers that have coverage in that time frame. Even Blacktide with russia covering 6 time zones can't even compete.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

WvWvW has been a hell of a lot of fun, since I moved to SoR the beginning of last week. Our Prime Time guilds usually wreck both JQ and SoS, but, we suffer in the point department, during off hours, and JQ just kinda rolls the zones. I'd like to see a more weighted point system, where the more activity that goes on, the faster points are accumulated, and when you just own an entire map, with non-supply camp points never changing hands, points tick a lot slower. Some of the battles are just pure epic though, and I'll loose track of time, running around with some of the guilds. I've also notice a large up-tic in badge collection, at the higher tiers, even when not in a PT, so long as I'm roaming with a good guild/commander.

I've been having a lot of fun too. During NA time, our guilds wreck JQ and SoR.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I find the less you care about the end score, and the more you worry about the potential points and killing you yourself can actually acquire and control while you're online, the more fun you'll have.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I find the less you care about the end score, and the more you worry about the potential points and killing you yourself can actually acquire and control while you're online, the more fun you'll have.
    This. I never really cared much about WvW other than something to do to kill time. Just sucks you don't get to see a lot of action as a support.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There's very little incentive to care about winning anyway, which is something that they're thankfully going to change (or try to). I only play in 5 man zerg busters, roaming to GG enemy zergs. Hella fun, its amazing how poorly people play when they think numbers keep them safe.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

/yawn need some competition

Please bring it

BG Level

As a single multiaccounter goes and destroys every single one of those golems lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nothing anyone can do about a golem swarm, when done properly, even if you are sitting there waiting for them; your only real counter is...more golems. Also, JQ only gets that way when the other two servers have to sleep; when they wake up, it's either split between SoS/SoR or heavily favoring SoR. Don't miss-understand though, as it's a lot of fun slowly gaining it all back, but, as I stated before, I'd like to see a more relative scoring system, especially if there is big money/prizes being added.

BG Level

The counter to golems is to having a couple trebs behind every single gate on the map, and having them manned 24/7. Golems fall apart against treb shots.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    There's very little incentive to care about winning anyway, which is something that they're thankfully going to change (or try to). I only play in 5 man zerg busters, roaming to GG enemy zergs. Hella fun, its amazing how poorly people play when they think numbers keep them safe.
    There's that to. All I know is I want my 500 tokens then getting the hell out of WvW.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    The counter to golems is to having a couple trebs behind every single gate on the map, and having them manned 24/7. Golems fall apart against treb shots.
    Hm...I'm thinking about this, and aside from EB center, and East Keep in borderlands, I can't think of a place that you can build a treb far enough to hit each gate, without it being vulnerable to AOE or arrow cart fire. I dont' understand how some keep spots are actually vulnerable to arrow cart fire, since I don't see a way to target it from where I've seen them built, but it has happened, namely an attack on Borderlands East Keep southern gate above the actual gate and on the east white cliffs, when facing the gate from outside. JQ wiped the siege there, using arrow carts, but I sure as hell couldn't camera view or find a way to move my cursor to target the area we had our siege built from where JQ's arrow carts were built. Maybe there is a way to pan out farther then the normal camera allows because that's all I can think of, and that would be an exploit.

Speak of the devil, that's exactly what they did.... The stupid thing was they didn't even have enough people to take the Borderlands east keep southern wall without them there; it was a pure FU maneuver.

now that's the JQ i know.

also, superior carts behind a gate are good as well.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

LOL trebs behind gates what will they think of next. Thank god sos will be pushed out of first tier they fucking suck. sor is putting up a bit of a fight but they need help maybe they can alli with blackgate and actually bring some competition because right now im getting bored

Yeah, boredom tends to happen when you heavily outnumber your competition. Speaking from experience back when SoS was where JQ is now. I remember that JQ "fucking sucked" back then as well. That aside, SoS will drop to t2 because of internal drama causing entire guilds to abandon ship rather than put up with the headaches.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Would that headache's name start with a C?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Yea drama from trying to alli every server that came into tier 1... not like it helped you guys it only made JQ stronger

I pity the foo

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

The fixed loot droprate is especially awesome in WvW. I reached my all time badge record yesterday in about half the time it took me previously. Was looking for some official confirmation and what do you know, it wasn't just my imagination and it isn't a bug:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...YWHERE/1530742

Hey all,

We made some very intentional changes to the way we calculate loot. One of the effects of this change is that there is more loot dropping in WvW. Yay! Increasing the loot in WvW was one of our goals and we’re glad that it’s making some of you happy. Also, just to be sure that we were comfortable with the impact it had on loot in WvW we had our economist do some analysis of the drop rates in WvW after this patch. After looking at his results we’re still comfortable with the changes. On a personal note, I was very happy to get a much better badge drop rate when I played yesterday

Tl;dr: it’s not a bug, enjoy the loot!