BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 201 of 263 FirstFirst ... 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm kind of confused by Delve KIs. Someone told me it was kind of like Voidwatch in that if you don't have the prerequisites you can still participate but you don't advance. Does that mean that if I say want to collect Plasm to buy something. The thing I want to buy also requires having the Semi-pure celadon yggzi KI. Can I get that from just fighting that boss? Or do I have to go in order from the start? Do I have to do Wildskeeper's?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does anyone else have an issue when pulling a bunch of mobs of taking forever to actually engage mobs? I hit attack and it says I'm attacking but the animation or window is changing. Very annoying. is it lag?

EDIT: Oh great, I went to engage and my char just froze and I couldn't move at all. I thought they got rid of spell lock?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I'm kind of confused by Delve KIs. Someone told me it was kind of like Voidwatch in that if you don't have the prerequisites you can still participate but you don't advance. Does that mean that if I say want to collect Plasm to buy something. The thing I want to buy also requires having the Semi-pure celadon yggzi KI. Can I get that from just fighting that boss? Or do I have to go in order from the start? Do I have to do Wildskeeper's?
    No need to do wildskeeper before to do field/fracture delve. You need the appropriate KI to buy the associated gears with it. If you see the reward page, it'll show you which item is associated with which tier of KI, or from which NM it directly drops from.

You will gain KI from killing the NM either in the field or in fracture. Both will give you the credit.

There's really nothing to "advance" in for delve. You can even obtain semi-pure before impure.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Does anyone run ffxi on integrated graphics? I might end up having to play on Intel HD 4000 for a few weeks. Am I going to be crashing in Jeuno/zergs/end game content?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TSFFXI View Post
    Does anyone run ffxi on integrated graphics? I might end up having to play on Intel HD 4000 for a few weeks. Am I going to be crashing in Jeuno/zergs/end game content?
    Depends on rest of the computer, but my laptop on intelHD 4000 runs it plenty fine, 25+fps everywhere.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Depends on rest of the computer, but my laptop on intelHD 4000 runs it plenty fine, 25+fps everywhere.
    Thanks. That includes delve and Odin vII style zergs?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    You just need the key items to buy stuff from that category. You can earn Plasm at any time. The only reason people talk about colonization reives is because to initiate dungeon delve farming (as opposed to popping the Nms outside), you need to have one of the key items from the bosses of the Wildskeeper reives in order to get the KI to to take an alliance into the dungeon part. You don't need anything to participate.

I think the rest has been explained but you can get the key items in any order and they just unlock a category you can buy gear and weapons from.

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    Haven't played since a few days before Adoulin came out. What do I need to know about this new expansion, and what's the best everything in everything?

Talk to me as if I'm Jon Snow.
    Not sure if this is helpful but I wrote a summary blog post to all kinds of crap just as it all came out...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

BGWiki lists red curry buns as giving only 75 ranged attack versus the 150 attack that it gives. Is this correct? If yes, then what is the best ranged attack food?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TSFFXI View Post
    Thanks. That includes delve and Odin vII style zergs?

Just turn everything down. Should work just fine.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. Moderately paranoid about crashes after playing on a PS2 for years.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Squah View Post
    BGWiki lists red curry buns as giving only 75 ranged attack versus the 150 attack that it gives. Is this correct? If yes, then what is the best ranged attack food?
    The absolute best? Probably Magma Steak/+1. Sadly, I haven't heard of anyone actually eating one yet.

For more serious options, I believe Red Curry, Dragon Steak, and Hydra Kofte all give ratt+150. Rabbit Pie is an ok stackable option, at ratt+100.

I suspect that Beef Paella might give ratt as well, but the price of saffron is a bit prohibitive.

Will the one-handed and ranged weapon adjustments be enough to make them competitive against two-handed weapons?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Will the one-handed and ranged weapon adjustments be enough to make them competitive against two-handed weapons?
    Being able to hit delay caps or close to it without gimping tp return and building xhits still make it hard for dualweilders not to mention not having to use an inferior weapon for sub. 30-40 att/acc wont change that... but maybe if they were single wielding and gets ing haste sambad at capped magic haste might be able to be competitive

Ranged is going to need to shoot faster and not have those dumb delays between shooting and ja/ws

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Seeum View Post
    The absolute best? Probably Magma Steak/+1. Sadly, I haven't heard of anyone actually eating one yet.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38...ing-expensive/

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Being able to hit delay caps or close to it without gimping tp return and building xhits still make it hard for dualweilders not to mention not having to use an inferior weapon for sub. 30-40 att/acc wont change that... but maybe if they were single wielding and gets ing haste sambad at capped magic haste might be able to be competitive

Ranged is going to need to shoot faster and not have those dumb delays between shooting and ja/ws
    My dual wield WAR with Kere/Hala was competitive for every NM except for Kurma on a Morimar run we did yesterday. It needs more testing as it could have just been dumb luck but it definitely more than pulled its weight and I didn't even have that good gear on.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    My dual wield WAR with Kere/Hala was competitive for every NM except for Kurma on a Morimar run we did yesterday. It needs more testing as it could have just been dumb luck but it definitely more than pulled its weight and I didn't even have that good gear on.
    Oh not saying it can't be good just high haste situations tend to be less beneficial to dual wielding. Ruinator is pretty boss though so helps make up some especially in uncapped att situations. Actually kinda curious what single wielding can do if you get samba. Not much diff between -78.75% delay and -80% so given the better mainhand and better tp gain I'd imagine your dps would Improve then. Could even still sub sam lol

min to kill Aspid now?

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

What is the level and evasion of both fodder in delve as well as NM's? on average?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Does anyone else have an issue when pulling a bunch of mobs of taking forever to actually engage mobs? I hit attack and it says I'm attacking but the animation or window is changing. Very annoying. is it lag?

EDIT: Oh great, I went to engage and my char just froze and I couldn't move at all. I thought they got rid of spell lock?
    Could be lag fairly common in high lag sitautions. And they've never touched spell/ja lock as far as I know. Can just use ja wait0 or blink

March 11, 2008 Update: "The duration of immobility experienced by recipients of healing magic has been significantly reduced. Previously, a player receiving a Cure spell from another character immediately after selecting the attack command would be frozen in place until the effect of the healing spell was complete."

Sadly this didn't really fix anything for players.