Closed Thread
Page 263 of 263 FirstFirst ... 213 253 261 262 263

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Thats just it, whenever people say this, where were the tests done? As far as I know, the only mobs in the game with shared loot pools are the 2 yags and KB, and I doubt anyones really got a 1k sample size on either with and without TH to detemine anything.
    You wouldn't need tests on those mobs specifically. Nothing about our (loose) understanding of TH lends to the idea of it prioritizing a 'better' drop on anything.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

config> effects

Do they need to be "on" or "off" so that none of the effects are displayed? I know chat filters have to be "on" before they filter, but unsure of these.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

just confirming that i was able to cap skill with no issues wearing item level gear. stranger things have happened in the past, but at least this isn't an issue.

seems off balanced, that RUN / GEO get their own lvl 109 AF armor... when do the rest of the jobs get their sexy AF armor? have the dev's even commented about fixing this? kinda screwed up imo.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Actually they have commented on it. It's all but certain that they will be adding a method to enhancing AF1 in the near future.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah it's still unclear wether they will release an AF+2 (ilevel 109 AF) or just new gear with the same graphics (AF4?)
    From their post it seems they're gonna do BOTH things, but... I dunno.

Since they refuse to give us low level AF for RUN and GEO, I would be insanely happy if they were to standardize things and release ilevel 109 AF for all jobs. I'm not necessarily excited about the stats themselves on those items, but rather about the improved version of those Job Specific enhancements, similar to what happened with AF2+2.
    Speaking of which, if they're gonna release ilevel 109 or 115 or whatever it will be AF2 for RUN and GEO, I hope the same will happen for all other jobs as well.

3mp/tic AF2 Hat for RDM! Yusplz! xD

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    You wouldn't need tests on those mobs specifically. Nothing about our (loose) understanding of TH lends to the idea of it prioritizing a 'better' drop on anything.
    Why not? Is there any reason it cant be "If rare drop does not load, after being influenced by TH, consolate with shitty drop", other than "I say so"?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

How much macc does a weapon need for it to be better than an HQ ele staff?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    What do you mean about what's happened with magic recently?
    I'm just finding it a bit confusing because I'm coming back to nuking I think. I could use a good summary of the efficiency/effectiveness of different elements and a decent comparison of the new staves (matt and macc) and where magic attack fits in.

How much macc does a weapon need for it to be better than an HQ ele staff?
    And this sort of question and doing the comparisons between staves is why I'm asking about the magic affinity stuff being accurate on BG wiki.

Campaign
    BG Level

If we're talking about the lv51 staves (or Chatoyant staff) I think Atinian and Soothsayer (and at least the HQ Skirmish staff) are all better than them, be it for macc or for damage.
    Unsure about Chatoyant for SCH because of Iridescence, but I'm leaning to think they're still better.

For damage the tables posted over forums and the spreadsheet released by Motenten can give you an idea.
    I think (someone more competent than me, please correct me!) that T5 is now worth only in very specific situations like MB etc, and usually it's much better to spam lower tier spells.
    The difference in damage between a low tier and a T5 got incredibly reduced, but the mp cost and recast of those lower tier spells is much more efficient, and in the long run it produces a much more "controllable" and higher damage output.

You can't focus on MAB onry but need INT, which actually has a higher impact the lower the tier. But more than a problem as I first thought, it seems that this is just becoming a gearsets simplification, given how most recent pieces give a good amount of int AND mab (and "magic damage", and macc etc) you won't really have to create over9000 different gearsets. For the majority of slots you now have multipurpose pieces and the number of sets you'll really have to make is much smaller compared to what a pro-mage would make years ago.

This is what I grasped at least, hope I didn't send you too much offtrack with my post.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Generally iirc tiers offset the lower base dmg with higher M values so the int to mab ratio is somewhat stable though this update did weird things for lower elements within a tier. Can't comment exactly right now since can't find it on bg wiki and even the old ones got taken down. I'm assuming someone is in process of changing to the new values... hopefully they will keep old ones too since that's what mobs and supposedly pets still use so good to have both up.

Anyways Mote has update his spreedsheets so you can just plug stuff in and see which is better

Campaign
    BG Level

Anybody knows what the currently ongoing maint is fixing?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think it's the xp issue

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I keep on hearing that Miki hands have basically buried Phorcys hands for most ws sets... any truth behind this? Will mostly be using for Shoha and Stardiver.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

THE END OF AN ERA