Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Could be lag fairly common in high lag sitautions. And they've never touched spell/ja lock as far as I know. Can just use ja wait0 or blink
    Theres still an animation lock if you're attempting to pull 15+ mobs, sometimes you just cant get your weapons out, and the game never registers the fact you're engaged, despite the fact you're dealing damage. You cant use WS's either in this phase. The only thing to do is run around and hope you can get your weapons out, or sleepga the mobs and get weapons out...or wait lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So does anyone else have a problem with the hot key for ranged... starting not working awhile ago. All the ohter ones I use still work... but yeah annoying having to make a maccro for it

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I found out you can assign it under Menu > Config > Misc. 2 > Commands. It seems the default for ranged is nothing. Donno when it was changed. You can assign any key that's not already used to it. All these years I'd been using a macro cause I didn't realize the option still was in the game lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No I mean it doesn't work at all. No matter which key I assign it to

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I suspect my staves aren't changing for debuffs in my BRD XML. Is there a smart way to test that?

Sub-question for returning player- is this the best place to ask Spellcast questions nowadays? Or is there a more appropriate place?

Thanks.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For the magian staff trials where you need a specific element ailment applied to the mob while it is killed: I thought absorb-dex sufficed as a thunder ailment. Killed one after it had absorb-dex on it and it did not give credit.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

absorb mnd is thunder

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Absorb-DEX is earth. Absorb-MND is thunder.

How to view the ailment elements:
    STR:Fire
    VIT: Earth
    DEX:Thunder
    AGI:Wind
    INT:Ice
    MND:Water
    CHR:Light

Ailments are the element most effective against the stat's element. So, thunder is strong against water; hence, MND reduction is thunder element.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What AF3+2 pieces are worth getting now for MNK?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you have Thaumas and Usu+1 feet, don't really need the AF3 feet for TP. Still potentially a weaponskill option for Smite, but then, we don't use Smite anymore.

If you have Manibozho legs, don't really need the AF3 legs (though there are still configs where they are potentially marginally better, at least until Manibozho are decently augmented).

Can sidegrade AF3 hands to Thurandaut, or if you really need accuracy+attack use AF2+2 hands.

Head is supplanted by Nemetona for basic TP, Usu+1 for better TP, Thurandaut for weaponskills.

Body is good for Asuran, but generally supplanted by Thaumas body for TP, or Manibozho body if you really need the acc.

Overall, all of the pieces have been fully replaced by newer stuff except maybe the body. Only need to get the AF3 if you don't have access to some replacement piece.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Oh not saying it can't be good just high haste situations tend to be less beneficial to dual wielding. Ruinator is pretty boss though so helps make up some especially in uncapped att situations. Actually kinda curious what single wielding can do if you get samba. Not much diff between -78.75% delay and -80% so given the better mainhand and better tp gain I'd imagine your dps would Improve then. Could even still sub sam lol
    Even if the delay was the same, could the better TP gain really outdo the extra hit on ws + offhand stats? Especially if/when REMs are upgradable and the current delve naakul weapons become offhands.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutely Virtue View Post
    I suspect my staves aren't changing for debuffs in my BRD XML. Is there a smart way to test that?
    Easiest way is to open your equipment menu midcast. That will lock in place whatever gear spellcast currently equipped for you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Even if the delay was the same, could the better TP gain really outdo the extra hit on ws + offhand stats? Especially if/when REMs are upgradable and the current delve naakul weapons become offhands.
    Well iirc before delve weapons in high haste situations for dnc single wielding mythic was best... I'd imagine that might be true of all the 1 hand weapons if they become good enough to ya know actually use lol. But yeah I haven't worked numbers yet so not sure

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So does anyone else have a problem with the hot key for ranged... starting not working awhile ago. All the ohter ones I use still work... but yeah annoying having to make a maccro for it
    So anyone? Doesn't matter what key I assign it to it wont work.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So anyone? Doesn't matter what key I assign it to it wont work.
    //bind !d input /ra <t> ?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    //bind !d input /ra <t> ?
    Hmmm haven't tried that gues that could work as a work around. But just really irked the built in one doesn't work when all the other ones do

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Well iirc before delve weapons in high haste situations for dnc single wielding mythic was best... I'd imagine that might be true of all the 1 hand weapons if they become good enough to ya know actually use lol. But yeah I haven't worked numbers yet so not sure
    Mythics have the disadvantage of OAT not applying to offhand thou, so DWing is a much bigger reduction in TP gain than compared to other weapons.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's the best way to kill multiple uncharmable mobs at once on BST? The pets attack whatever attacked them last. If I have multiple mobs, I can't kill them one by one, and my pet is smacking each one once so I can't even help without pulling hate instantly. (cause the pet only attacks my target once every while) and once I pull hate my target isn't hitting my pet at all and so I need to waste time spamming fight only to get one more hit in.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lah View Post
    min to kill Aspid now?

Did it way back about the time after 99 (might have even been before) with 6. Forgot the setup though, there was me (mnk) thf, blu, pld something something darkside something something.