Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So went to test attack speeds and such on bst and something weird was happening with a war pet. Almost every attack was 4 seconds after the last one except a few that were 1 second. Now normally I'd just chalk that up timestamp rounding a little or something and those being double attacks... however the next attack would always be 4 seconds after the second of those 2 that were 1 second apart. It almost looks like instead of real double attack they instead just launch there next attack really fast. Also my pet parried a hit which I didn't realize they could do

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Do Titan's ranged BPs count as ranged damage when it comes to things like Perfect Dodge or the Delve gnat?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Since when avatars can parry?
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps7dadb139.jpg
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps2b7e8a22.jpg
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps80cd0c26.jpg
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps451cc2d2.jpg
    They even have a special animation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Do Titan's ranged BPs count as ranged damage when it comes to things like Perfect Dodge or the Delve gnat?
    No and they do Blunt damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's not just avatars as of last update (possibly sooner but I didn't see it until last update) jugs can too thought not too often even against low tier ASA roaming mobs. Maybe now if weaponless mobs can parry with their "weapon" maybe they should make the pld ones block...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

likely changed damage type from H2H to blunt with the acc adjustment, allowing them to parry. since H2H didn't get the cap raise they prolly got switched to club or something

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While they did switch a bunch of stuff from weren't most avatars slashing? I know cait sith was changed from h2h to blunt and from the notes only old jugs got changed and the one that I saw parry that I don't remember parrying before was slashing. So I don't really see how that is supposed to give them parry other than they lolspaghetti coded them into actually having weapons and not just dmg types... wonder if that means regular monsters will parry us too now

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

would have been noticed by now, it's pet specific. has something to do with acc adjustments in some capacity

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Dynamis mobs curiously can parry. The odd thing even a 0 parrying skill can parry since rangers can parry at a floored rate with 0 skill.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    would have been noticed by now, it's pet specific. has something to do with acc adjustments in some capacity
    Well the reason I brought up monsters is because they were part of the h2h to blunt change that you brought up... which I guess just another reason likely not that. Wonder wth they did though to get from increasing acc to can parry.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Dynamis mobs curiously can parry. The odd thing even a 0 parrying skill can parry since rangers can parry at a floored rate with 0 skill.
    Nightmare mobs,or beastmen? Because beastmen everywhere can parry.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Nightmare mobs,or beastmen? Because beastmen everywhere can parry.
    I don't remember oldschool beastmen being able to parry. By Oldschool I mean pre TOAU, original zones.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, they could.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm 99% sure that only dynamis beastmen can parry, unless it's coded as a miss message outside of dynamis.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So has anyone retested Attuner since the update?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I remember only dynamis beastmen being able to parry and i remember when dyna first came out everyone was surprised that some mobs were female like "Vanguard Partisan parries the attack with her weapon".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So a little info about new jugs. Only doing 119 stats for now. And only testing for lvl 2/3 properties

Spider familiar: 901 acc, 932 att, 704 eva, 605 def

Sickle slash - 1 charge. Physical dmg crit hit rate varies with tp. decent dmg doing around 4-5k on eps. Not sure about the elements. Based on my tests it isn't dark none of the lvl 2s.

acid spray- 1 charge. deals water dmg. poison. Dmg varies with tp. Does pretty good dmg. was 31 poison lasts 3 minutes

Spider web- 2 charge. slows enemies in range duration varies with tp. Slow is pretty crap RR only went up to 62 seconds. So like 3%? Lasted ~45 seconds at 0 tp

Colibri familiar: 915 acc, 750 att, 744 eva, 737 def

Pecking Flurry- 1 charge. dmg varies with tp. Also pretty decent dmg. But again isn't dark none of the lvl 2s. Looks like it does have some lvl 1 though I made reverberation with primal rend.

Acuex familiar: 879 acc, 1002 att, 695 eva, 748 def.

Foul waters- 2 charges. deals water dmg in fan shaped area. Additional effect drown and weight. Dmg varies with tp. Did about 3k with low tp on tulfaires. very point gravity but only lasts about 30 sec. 15/tic drown -33 str lasts about 1 minute.

Pestilent Plume- 2 charge. Deal darkness dmg in fan shaped area. additional effect plague, blind and magic defense down. Dmg varies with tp. Did about 4500 at high tp 2700 at low. The magic dmg increased by about 33% so that would be equivalent to -25 mdb assuming it's mdb. 50 tp/tic. -50 acc. All lasted about 1 minute

Yay new pets can't make lvl 3. WTF. Especially weird since the colibri only has the 1 move. And it's dmg was a little lower than sickles... maybe it scales well? But with a charge every 20 seconds good luck getting much tp

Other notes pentapeck is boss now. Did 8k with 0 tp against a tulfaire lol. It's distortion.

Same with swooping frenzy. Swooping was fusion.

So for Ibuki with unleash up you can clousplitter into pentapeck to make distortion into swooping to make fusion into cloudsplitter to make light!

Kinda a nice combo though of swooping to deal dmg and lower magic def then cloudsplitter dealing magic dmg to make light even more magic dmg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

razor fang, claw cyclone, Sudden lunge, spiral spin, power attack (does crazy dmg when it crits) , rhino attack all have no lvl 2 skillchain properties.

At this point I'm going to say that only the regular crafted jugs have ones with lvl 2 properties

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think we've got most of the skillchain properties figured out over here. :)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Uggg assuming those are right it's even worse than I thought. Single element and only lvl 1s with the exception of tulfaire and grasshopper.

Looks like missing Needle Shot /??? Needles/Mandibular Bite / Nimble Snap /Cyclone Tail / Double Claw / Grapple / Spinning Top / Suction/Scythe Tail / Ripper Fang / Chomp Rush / Back Heel / Turtle Stomp / Wing Slap / Beak Lunge . Ie non 119 pets I guess? Wonder if they planned on giving 119 versions of those since they gave them properties.

Edit: To take it a step further most of those can't even self make a lvl 2 skillchain to get your lvl 3 that way. Only ways I see are with:

Warlike Patrick- Braincrush to Tailblow making fusion then cloudsplitter for light

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nimble Snap /Cyclone Tail/Scythe Tail / Ripper Fang - just lvl 1

Chomp Rush- darkness/gravitation

???? needles- Darkness/distortion

Pentapeck also has lvl 3 light on top of it's distortion.

So it seems that 1 charge moves only get 1 lvl 1 element. All 1 charge moves seem to fit this parttern so far.
    2 charge moves get 1 lvl 2 and possibly a lvl 1 (not sure if you tested those for lvl 1s as well). All 2 charge moves fit this so far... well sorta new tigers use 1 charge for both moves but gorefang used 2 for the AoE one. Might be interesting to test that one to see if different
    And 3 charge moves get a lvl 3 and a lvl 2. So far all 3 charge moves tested fit this.

So assuming this fairly simple pattern holds true... for the rest of the moves

Double Claw / Grapple / Spinning Top / Suction/ Back Heel / Wing Slap should just be lvl 1s

while Beak Lunge Tortoise Stomp - should be lvl 2s and maybe a lvl 1

Also check this shit out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag