Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

MosquitoFamiliar is interesting - both of its Ready moves are magic-based, which is great because the pet has a -40% attack adjustment (~550ish attack at level 119).

Infected Leech - 1 Charge - Absorbs HP from enemies in a fan-shaped area originating from pet. Additional effect: Plague. Additional effect duration varies with TP.
    Gloom Spray - 2 Charges - Deals darkness damage to enemies in a fan-shaped area originating from pet. Additional effect: Dispel. Damage varies with TP.

Attacks like a machine gun, 44 TP/hit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Any resistances? From the sound of the attacks no obvious uses are coming to mind.

Though the attacks with some resistances could be interesting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Given how high it's evasion is did you check for evasion adjustments? Also interesting that the HQ actually gets more tp.

Looks like it could be interesting though as a tank pet. It's attack speed might make for decent dps and absorb moves are often harder and/or impossible to resist.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

dasva, we need your expertise with resistance testing when you have time. <3 <3

And I re-tested skillchain properties like you had mentioned! They're consistent with the old pets' attributes.

Edit: Tested Mosquito for Evasion Adjustment - none, just like e'ery other BST pet. D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll probably get to it this weekend assuming I can get a decent amount of ingredients... but right I want my light saber first!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I've been thinking about what to do with the snowslot on idle sets. def doesn't really do that much.... but acc doesn't either except you can use it in a ready set too same could be said for att. mab/macc will do even less outside of again doubling for ready sets. Anything worthwhile is capping acc on players with max buffs/acc debuffs on mob so evasion wont do much...

Which made me start thinking of meva. I seem to remember seeing a post in vagary saying some of it was a bit easier with -macc on the mob and generally it seems like a lot of magical stuff is evadable by players with decent sets and buffs/debuffs and pets have always seemed to have slightly better meva than players who aren't buffing for it. So what you guys think a full meva might be helpful? Shame theres no mdb even though there is meva macc and mab

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, MDB would've been great if it was an option. ; ;

M.Eva is a good plan, I think. And a fully augmented idle set should be relatively effective if you can swing it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Both MEVA and DEF are options if that is how you really want to go. I use ACC for prob the same reason most do: inventory conservation and to mitigate the level of assblasting received if you get caught in ready set during a tp move/spell.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I'm doing acc right now anyways mostly to conserve invent/money since I'd almost feel obliged to put dt on any ready set as well. And well I'm trying to do 3 characters lol. But thought maybe one day in the future...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Infected Leech move gives -50tp/tic for about 45 seconds

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been playing around with some of the new pets on content and some oddities. Like the eft stun move that only stuns nothing else is incredibly inaccurate. Like haven't landed it once yet on even VE fights.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This is not my shocked face.

I can count on a closed fist the number of times amnesia from pentapeck has landed on anything that pentapeck didnt OHKO.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    This is not my shocked face.

I can count on a closed fist the number of times amnesia from pentapeck has landed on anything that pentapeck didnt OHKO.
    Well the reason I'm surprised is:

1: Unlike pentapeck or other inaccurate stuns it's not an additional effect.

2: It's stun... basically only it and flash are the most effects in the game while like amnesia if generally fairly inaccurate. But like say Lvl 60ish mobs still consistently stun my ilvl gear though I can usually resist dispel on 75 content. On the other hand dispel moves land very easily even additional effect ones including the dispel from that same jug....

So I'm guessing they either made it work like an additional effect and have a proc rate on top of resist stuff despite it not doing anything else or somehow gave that move specifically like -400 macc because apparently stunning every 10 seconds would be too OP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Monster / Avatar / Pet damage

Well considering we have Scythe Tail, Tickling Tendrils, and Tail Blow on 10s timer and I was stunning the fuck out of stuff in Legion Mul tonight with Raptor I can only say that the likely answer is that they weren't thinking at all.

Though these are all add. effect which you mentioned above, they at least land on non-ilvl content very consistently. Why they would make a move that only stuns not do that...I don't know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Clearly what makes it OP is it's conal... for all those times you want to stun lock a group of mobs in a fan shaped area... right?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Right, super broken compared to say, Stink Bomb which will do 5k minimum to delve bosses with a paralyze so strong it may as well be stun.

Barance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So info on new jugs... testing conducted same as previously.... no mdt/bdt/sdt if not stated. MDB is listed as normal/run wild values (though for these ones it doesn't matter as they are all -10)

Suspicious Alice (Eft) - -10/10 MDB

Fleet Reinhard (Raptor) - -10/10 MDB

Anklebiter Jedd (Diremite) - -10//10 mdb

Cursed Annabelle (Antlion) - -10/10 mdb

Surging Storm (Apkulla) - -10/10 mdb, -50% water, -25% mdt
    Submerged Iyo - -10/10 mdb (yay new anti water maybe magic in general pet?)

Mosquito Familiar (Mosquito) - -10/10 mdb -50% dark
    Left-Handed Yoko - -10/10 mdb

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Surging Storm (Apkulla) - -10/10 mdb, -50% water, -25% mdt
    Submerged Iyo - -10/10 mdb (yay new anti water maybe magic in general pet?)

Mosquito Familiar (Mosquito) - -10/10 mdb -50% dark
    Left-Handed Yoko - -10/10 mdb
    Cool! Thanks for the sweet testing. :}

The lack of any unique resistances on the others further solidifies how mediocre the rest of this pet batch are.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When I was going thru it did appear some of the others might have some resistance differences based on actually getting a couple of resists on a few elements going thru but wasn't anything extreme enough to be sure it definitely was with just a quick go thru checking for sdts so can't really confirm at this moment especially since it took me like 3 hours to figure out that my main wearing -mdt skirmish pants had thrown off my bdt testing to the point I was starting to think all the new ones had +2% bdt lol. Stupid spaghetti code

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag