Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

gdi was making a decent sized post and then went to backspace a part and it went back a page instead.... so this will be briefer than I wanted...

Anyways wanted to switch gears and test some stuff on pup since it would be a good way to help test some jug stuff (easier to test dmg types with a pet since higher dt caps and such) and in theory they should have insane survivability.... and there info on post soa attachments is scattered all over the place heck hard time just finding what all is new.

So first thing I wanted to do was test pdt of armor plate via 1k needles... but I wanted to establish base dmg first since I noticed BG wiki had some weird little note about how autos have an innate 6% dt that stacks with the 9% stout servant which I had never heard of before. So went to some cactuars with no pet gear on or attachments got them to 1k needles main taking full 500 dmg and auto only took 392... which is a 21.6% dmg reduction (probably 21%).... tried with a few different frames/heads and same thing. So I guess innate 12% and 9% stout servant? Idk can't really tell them apart and not sure how they tested SS to begin with. Of course technically this is only showing pdt and even then only to piercing (though seriously doubt they gave autos different dmgs to different types of physical)

Anyways did the AP III testing and it came out to 15, 20, 25, 30% pdts.

All in all seems decent amount... even without gear with all 3 APs on (though you probably wouldn't equip all of them) you'd get 51.25, 63.5, 76, 91% pdts. Haven't really ran the numbers/gearing but I'd guess it might actually be possible to maintain capped or near capped pet pdt and magic/gear haste for autos which would be cool if their dps wasn't so meh especially without using fire manuevers

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So tried testing against discord and first time no dt/mdt on pet or main with spirit reaver/stormwalker main took 1146 drill took 756 which is very weird 34% dmg reduction... which doesn't match up with the base pdt I found before. Tried again with valoredge head/frame back to the 21.6% from the pdt test. Tried with VE head/stormwalker frame and bam 34% reduction. So looks like different frames have innate mdts on them. Harlequin oddly only had a 15.2% which lines up with the stout servant and innate 6% dt thing I saw on bg wiki. Sharpshot was also 21.6%

So the testing looks like this so far... there is an innate 15.2% reduction between innate from the auto and stout servant. Then on top of that some frames have innate bonuses (similar to how they have different innate stat boosts).

As is listing each reduction separately and for each frame is confusing I'll just put what I have down for total innate reductions for each frame including stout servant, auto and frame bonuses together. For mdt Harlequin is 15.2, sharpshot and valoredge are 21.6% and stormwaker is 34%. Bdt still needs to be done... and only ended up doing part of pdt since I didn't think to try different frames but SS/VE were 21.6%

Also tried stormwalker with it's own shellra V up and the reduction was 58.3333% so normal 24% shell V

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Have no idea how this double posted

redid 1k test. Stormwaker took 455 so looks like just the 9% from stout servant. Harlequin 423 so 15.4%.

So looks like I'll have to revise that there isn't an innate 6% bonus for being an auto just most frames seem to have at least that to pdt/mdt

Man this makes ideas of gearing/attachment/maneuvers complicated

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been playing around with Infected leech from left-handed yoko... So far the only thing that seems to effect dmg is mdt and jps. MDB/MAB didn't. Changing pet lvl didn't. Other dts didn't. But the ready jp did and I'd assume the unleash one would too. Base dmg seems to be around 762 from back calculating or 832 with 10/10 ready. Never seen any half dmgs and only misses I've seen so far is on additional targets past the first... which makes this a very good survival tool

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So went to test the pup ws debuffs some so went to good ole ballista. Knockout gives -50 evasion for about 30 sec. Armor Shatterer was -15% def for 2 min 15 sec... so both are kind of meh

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was reading in this thread on the official forums and the following was stated:

* For non magical bloodpacts, BP Dmg is all that will effect the final damage, 6 BP dmg will yield 6% more damage.
    Is this correct? I've been trying to stockpile + Pet Attack gear and macroing it in for physical blood pacts. Does this not get used?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It definitely uses pdif and I'm fairly certain people have tested adding attack to avatars before... they might unknowingly be referring to the fact that pet attack doesn't do as much as it would for a player due to how pet pdif is done so it's commonly been thought of as the least useful stat to add

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Is it known whether or not dINT affects Flaming Crush?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Flaming Crush is effectively a hybrid WS. It probably uses the formula at the bottom of this post (with 6fTP): http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104...=1#post5052148
    Anyway, it's very unlikely that dINT affects it.

All of my physical BP testing earlier in the thread (the stuff with Claw against Bluffalos) had to account for changes in pDIF as I added stats, which implies that the extra attack was affecting the BPs.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Cool, thanks.

So based on your Claw testing, it would seem that WSC for physical BPs is generally DEX 30%? That might partially explain why Regal Gash is embarrassingly weak for a 99 BP...Cait and Carby are WHM/WHM I believe and WHM has the lowest DEX of all.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I can say that for Claw it's 30% DEX. For the magic BPs I tested (except Nether Blast), it's 30% INT. I bet Carby's magic BPs are based on MND.

Now that the test server is down and we no longer have perma Astral Conduit, it's harder to test stuff like that.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Regarding Espiritus, which has a base BP Damage +3 on it, and has a D path of:
    Pet: STR+15, Pet: Attack+25, Pet: "Double Attack"+4
    Is that enough to trump Nirvana in terms of physical BP damage? Would the extra STR and Attack and BP damage trump the +10 to all stats and +74 Attack?

Or is Nirvana still king for physical BPs?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Regarding Espiritus, which has a base BP Damage +3 on it, and has a D path of:

Is that enough to trump Nirvana in terms of physical BP damage? Would the extra STR and Attack and BP damage trump the +10 to all stats and +74 Attack?

Or is Nirvana still king for physical BPs?
    Nirvana has BP dmg +40% also you missed the ACC+57 so no.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by geno3302 View Post
    Nirvana has BP dmg +40% also you missed the ACC+57 so no.
    Whoops, so I did.

Thanks. Guess I won't need to farm a third one after all.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmmm. I sure don't post much in here. But anyway.

This post piqued my curiosity, so I went to confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    Dragoon's wyvern now deals piercing damage instead of blunt. Was this a change or a bug this update or has this been like this and I just noticed?
    A wee bit of testing.

Fired Urns only take dmg from slashing. So while DRG wyvern dmg type has changed, it's now slashing.

also, a weird little extra.

Wyvern.. can parry now? And have weapons to parry with? This came complete with a cute little animation of the wyvern guarding with his paws. <,<

Which leads me to part 3.

The wyvern gained 10 acc from receiving Hasso via spirit link. Hasso only works when wielding a 2-handed weapon. So wyverns are considered to be 2-Handers. lol.

He didn't gain any atk via STR. But I think that's cause he didn't get any STR+. Hasso's STR+ is based on you SAM job or subjob lvl. The wyvern's SAM lvl is 0, so 0 STR.

So, since Hasso acc+ works there's a very good chance the JA haste does. neat.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Jesus.

I kinda preferred the blunt, because it gave us an edge on things weak to blunt (when paired with a good staff). Wyvern parrying is cute but pointless? How often are they attacked directly? And aoe damage is the least a wyvern's problems compared to a drg flat-out dying to bullshit damage or death/doom. The /sam hasso is interesting though, I wonder if this also changes their damage calculation and pdif for crits? Also,seigen?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    also, a weird little extra.

Wyvern.. can parry now? And have weapons to parry with? This came complete with a cute little animation of the wyvern guarding with his paws. <,<
    Yeah awhile back they added parrying to all the pets it seems though super low proc rate

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If I'm not mistaken, all pets/monsters without weapons (basically every pet except Valoredge Frame) used to do H2H damage with their auto-attacks, but then at some point they changed it to match the monster's "job" (going by the BST sticky on FFXIAH). So if wyverns are WAR/WAR like a lot of mobs, then I guess they're considered using great axes now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, all pets/monsters without weapons (basically every pet except Valoredge Frame) used to do H2H damage with their auto-attacks, but then at some point they changed it to match the monster's "job" (going by the BST sticky on FFXIAH). So if wyverns are WAR/WAR like a lot of mobs, then I guess they're considered using great axes now.
    DRG Wyverns are Dragoons. They have native dragon killer. It's pretty funny watching a Wyvern intimidate... a wyvern. <,< So, by that logic, wyverns Should be piercing dmg now. But they aren't.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Not sure jugs have been documented with different dmg types before pup even existed so must have been an awful long time ago.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag