Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Looking it up, last December update shows all the non-MNK 1-75 era familiars having their damage type changed from H2H to blunt, so I guess the job-based damage type distinction was just for 76+ jugs and probably not something universal.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah awhile back they added parrying to all the pets it seems though super low proc rate
    wait until you see "Garuda parries the Attack with her weapon" made me wtf as well. now it just amuses me every time i see it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Harukasakura View Post
    wait until you see "Garuda parries the Attack with her weapon" made me wtf as well. now it just amuses me every time i see it
    I laugh when I see it says the beetle does and I look for a weapon and all I see is the foot that's been messed up for the last 12 years.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So apparently no pets directly gain base dmg with ilvl just a tiny amount from base stats... and after filing a bug report this is apparently "working as intended" *cough* bs *cough*

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Fought Warder of Tempereance a few times. Avatar auto-attacks are now slashing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    So, since Hasso acc+ works there's a very good chance the JA haste does. neat.
    Did you ever check the haste? Would be nice to know. Looked on old wiki and they say it transfers but has no effect which could mean it's changed or it only gained acc and they didn't have a good way to check it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I never tested the haste specifically. Cause that would be a pain in the ass. <.<

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In regards to summoning skill versus magic accuracy, which is better? If I have a torque with 10 skill, and a torque with 5 avatar macc, is the skill better than the torque?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helldemon Ffxi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm not a smn but I would think you should be getting at least 5 macc from 10 skill.

Campaign
    BG Level

When I last asked about that (have you searched on BG forums?) someone came up with some tests. Was it Papesse? I don't remember...
    I seem to remember it was multiple small tests performed by multiple people. One of these tests was on Worms in Woh Gate map #1 (map#2 wasn't even released yet back then I think)
    Nothing particularly conclusive, but it seemed to hint something closer to 1 skill = ~1 macc.

If we were talking about a torque with 5 pet macc vs a Torque with 5 skill I would probably be preferring the former, but if it's 10 vs 5 I think skill should win in theory.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm, go figure. Guess this torque is rather worthless outside of boon.

Campaign
    BG Level

You mean Consummation Torque from The One to be Feared?
    Yeah I'm afraid other than Blood Boon for a couple of wards it's not really that useful, sadly.

Regardless, might want to take a look to those tests I was talking about.
    It wasn't anything particularly detailed or extensive so I'm not sure we can be 100% or anything, but from those tests I recall the results were kinda hinting at a 1:1 ratio or something very close to that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm updating the windower augment resource and just noticed that there are two identical entries for Pet: Enmity+1~256 in the .dats. It's highly likely that one of them is supposed to be Pet: Enmity-1~256, which means that some of the Pet: Enmity augments from the Path A/B/C/D gear are likely negative rather than positive.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I laugh when I see it says the beetle does and I look for a weapon and all I see is the foot that's been messed up for the last 12 years.
    Well, it IS a club foot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did some mab testing for the lizard pet. Had to use abyssea since don't have good pet mab sets. Got some worms to lvl 99 cause I don't have battlemod to check lvls lol and fireballed their faces. Full jp no relevant gear other than ilvl axes. light day. Going to assume it multiplies mab first then jp bonus.

119:
    no +mab: 2689 dmg.

+50mab atma: 3693.

Which should put 119 pet at a weird 34 mab. As fl(fl(1673*1.34)*1.2)= 2689
    and fl(fl(1673*1.84)*1.2)= 3078

99:

no +mab: 1692 dmg.

+50mab atma: 2538.

Which should put 119 pet at a weird 0 mab. As 1692*1.5= 2538

Falkirk did some testing with the new augmentable cape and the +mdmg stat

Level 99 WarlikePatrick Fireball vs Wild Rabbits:
    No gear: 1692 damage
    Atroi's: 1716 damage

I assume M.Dmg+20 gave a damage increase of +24 because of Ready 20/20 job points.

And then Level 119 WarlikePatrick Fireball vs Wild Rabbits:
    Izizoeksi: 2689 damage
    Iziz + Artoi's: 2721 damage

32 dmg increase

20*1.34*1.2~32

So magic dmg state seems to work exactly as expected

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So was fighting a caturae and was switching the dmgs around to try and break shield none of them worked ran up and meleed and sure enough h2h worked. So Bonecrusher is non h2h blunt

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I've noticed a lot of pup stuff has been being updated on bgwiki but a lot of it is poorly or questionably sourced and some of the values seem questionable so gunna try to test the ones that don't have solid testing or recentish dev explanations linked to them so let's start with AP4. So tested via 1k needles no gear dt unless otherwise noted. Used sharpshot frame which based on previous testing in this threads innate pdt + SS was 21.6%

AP4 no maneuvers only one in range- 585dmg ~ -41.5% reduction
    2 targets in range:
    1 earth 267 ~ -46.6%
    2 earth 244 ~ -51.2%
    3 earth 193 ~ - 61.4%
    AP4 + OF1/2 267 ~ -46.6%

From this we get ~20/25/30/40 or about 5 lower for 3 maneuvers and 10 lower for all the rest than what's on wiki. With no maneuver +OF1/2 being 25% which is a 25% increase right in line with what OFs should do.

For fun got 2 pet dt masters and 2 autos in range with the AP/OF and no manuevers
    one master had 33 pet pdt another had 34 so based on numbers here one should have 79.6 and the other 80.6% reduction but instead I got
    drille- 54 ~-78.4
    serenade 52 ~ - 79.2

So looks like there are some serious roundings in gear or some pieces isn't being fully counted. Bears further testing I suppose.

Campaign
    BG Level

Stupid question, but while doing your tests did you account for the Body Frame's innate DT and for Stout Servant?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Stupid question, but while doing your tests did you account for the Body Frame's innate DT and for Stout Servant?
    Nigga did you read any of the post? It's stated in like the first intro of conditions and I clear show the total reductions then the values with that subtracted out.

Also frames don't have dt they have varying amounts of mdt/pdt and probably bdt.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So this is completely useless information, but the various pet accuracy, attack, etc. from BST/DRG/SMN/PUP gifts, as well as SMN job point categories and PUP Fine-Tuning/Optimization merits, are the universal "Pet:" stats and not the job-specific "Wyvern:/Avatar:/Automaton:" stuff found on gear like AF sets, SMN Omen earring, and Overbearing Ring. It all started when I noticed that BST JSE has the generic "Pet:" stats which work on avatars and autos if you sub SMN or PUP, so I was curious if the same held true for BST gifts, only to find out it was the case for all pet gifts.

It makes me wonder why they continue to release gear with the Wyvern/Avatar/Automaton/Luopan-specific stats if even JOB points use the generic Pet stats. So why not simplify things for themselves by using a universal standard? It would even be a slight boost to PUP, because Pet: Accuracy/Attack includes Ranged Accuracy/Attack, but the same is not true for Automaton: Accuracy/Attack (such as Overbearing Ring), despite autos being the only pets with ranged attacks. SE logic at work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag