Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Results 361 to 377 of 377
  1. #361
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,511
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So not sure if anyone is up in here but since a couple of updates ago it seems like pet acc caps have changed at least on ws or auto ones anyways. Anyways I was wondering about how large of a sample size I'd need to collect to confirm assuming my pet acc is capped

  2. #362
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    310
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So not sure if anyone is up in here but since a couple of updates ago it seems like pet acc caps have changed at least on ws or auto ones anyways. Anyways I was wondering about how large of a sample size I'd need to collect to confirm assuming my pet acc is capped
    I think it's likely that you are seeing the mob nerfs from Feb maybe? Since it was a nerf to mobs, you'd be seeing the same caps for pets as players.

  3. #363
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,511
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I think it's likely that you are seeing the mob nerfs from Feb maybe? Since it was a nerf to mobs, you'd be seeing the same caps for pets as players.
    In the land of spaghetti code that makes sense but how exactly would it logically? Aside from being applied to different things they are different types of adjustments to begin with. That said I did start noticing more ws wiffs right around the mob skill update. But since my autos weren't getting hit as hard and on things they weren't capped hit rate was getting a big boost I kind of backburnered it

    Side note as checking out stats to auto level and shit is hilarious. The way the game does it is the base stats are just shown to 99 then it gets +stat on the screen after. For lvl 100 it's +28 iirc 115 was + 70. 119 is +89 and 120 is +93

    Also to note currently in the parsing I'm at 99.33% melee hit rate but only 96.29 ranged and 95.11 ws hit rate despite obviously having decently more racc

  4. #364
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,140
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    I've been parsing a 99% hit rate with avatars since the 1H mainhand hit rate cap was raised to 99%.

  5. #365
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,511
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Wait how do you really parse bps when most the ones you use are multihit?

    Maybe it's just autos? I'm up to about 2k melee hits and around 800 range and 800ish ranged ws and it's staying pretty steady at 99%+ for melee and ~95% for the others. And mind you my auto in that setup has a good 200 more racc than acc. And it definitely seemed much higher after the 1h/pet update but then down again after the nm skill adjustment

  6. #366
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,140
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    I said Avatars, not Avatar BPs.

  7. #367
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,511
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    ah well notice I was specifying not melee acc but ws being effected and ranged which works more like a ja/ws anyways than a true ranged attack. Melee hits were fine. Was like 300 hits before I got my first miss lol

    edit: side note trying to map out how dmg is calculated and shit is really weird and starting to think the ws values they gave us have little to no meaning/are just somewhat incorrect

  8. #368
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,140
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ah, you said "WSs or auto ones" so I thought you were talking about auto attacks.

  9. #369
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    310
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    In the land of spaghetti code that makes sense but how exactly would it logically? Aside from being applied to different things they are different types of adjustments to begin with. That said I did start noticing more ws wiffs right around the mob skill update. But since my autos weren't getting hit as hard and on things they weren't capped hit rate was getting a big boost I kind of backburnered it

    Side note as checking out stats to auto level and shit is hilarious. The way the game does it is the base stats are just shown to 99 then it gets +stat on the screen after. For lvl 100 it's +28 iirc 115 was + 70. 119 is +89 and 120 is +93

    Also to note currently in the parsing I'm at 99.33% melee hit rate but only 96.29 ranged and 95.11 ws hit rate despite obviously having decently more racc
    The Feb mob nerfs lowered mob evasion across the board in ilvl land, so that effectively lowered acc caps for anything hitting mobs. Sounds pretty logical to me. XD

  10. #370
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,511
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Ah, you said "WSs or auto ones" so I thought you were talking about auto attacks.
    ah sorry yeah was meaning automaton there. I did clarify on further posts though. Anyways mathologist what kind of sample size should I get? Given the high rates I'd expect I'd need something pretty big to be definitive but not sure how much to really prove 95 or 99%

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The Feb mob nerfs lowered mob evasion across the board in ilvl land, so that effectively lowered acc caps for anything hitting mobs. Sounds pretty logical to me. XD
    Ah I see the confusion. I'm not saying the amount of acc I'm needing to cap is lower now though it certainly is because well duh like you said. Instead I'm saying the hit rate caps when you are capped on acc appear to have reverted.

  11. #371
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    310
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    ah sorry yeah was meaning automaton there. I did clarify on further posts though. Anyways mathologist what kind of sample size should I get? Given the high rates I'd expect I'd need something pretty big to be definitive but not sure how much to really prove 95 or 99%



    Ah I see the confusion. I'm not saying the amount of acc I'm needing to cap is lower now though it certainly is because well duh like you said. Instead I'm saying the hit rate caps when you are capped on acc appear to have reverted.
    Gotcha. What were the numbers you parsed before the update? I haven't noticed any big differences for BST Ready's, but my pet has something silly like 1800 acc when buffed in escha zones, so it may be a puppet-onry thing.. Maybe a RNG/COR can chime in with acc numbers to rule out if it's a ranged-onry thing?

  12. #372
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,511
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Gotcha. What were the numbers you parsed before the update? I haven't noticed any big differences for BST Ready's, but my pet has something silly like 1800 acc when buffed in escha zones, so it may be a puppet-onry thing.. Maybe a RNG/COR can chime in with acc numbers to rule out if it's a ranged-onry thing?
    I honestly didn't parse pre update because I assumed they did it right when they did the pet/1h update AND I incredibly rarely saw misses and completely eyeballing but on higher evasion stuff my ws would seem to miss less.

    Within a day or so of the update things started feeling off. Like multiple periods were just farming mobs for ambuscade roe would net me multiple misses in a row when before that wasn't happening. But again somewhat eyeballing comparison. Haven't really tried bst yet though given it's set of moves would have to control a bit better to avoid DA and such and well they are a lot harder to automate doing ready moves and keeping them alive... then have to find a mob that will survive awhile while also not doing aoes that will hit the master

    rng/cor shouldn't mean much since they should still be at 95% cap with 2hders anyways. If somehow they were 99% I'm totally not reporting that

  13. #373
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    310
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I honestly didn't parse pre update because I assumed they did it right when they did the pet/1h update AND I incredibly rarely saw misses and completely eyeballing but on higher evasion stuff my ws would seem to miss less.

    Within a day or so of the update things started feeling off. Like multiple periods were just farming mobs for ambuscade roe would net me multiple misses in a row when before that wasn't happening. But again somewhat eyeballing comparison. Haven't really tried bst yet though given it's set of moves would have to control a bit better to avoid DA and such and well they are a lot harder to automate doing ready moves and keeping them alive... then have to find a mob that will survive awhile while also not doing aoes that will hit the master

    rng/cor shouldn't mean much since they should still be at 95% cap with 2hders anyways. If somehow they were 99% I'm totally not reporting that
    When was the pet/1h update again? I forget, but would like to see the exact wording used in the update notice.

  14. #374

  15. #375
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,511
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So yeah some prelim testing but the ws stats they gave us are whack as hell. Stat mods look about right but the +dmg or ftp or whatever isn't even close.

    Like increasing regular ranged dmg by 27 via agility to not mess up stat mod stuff results in 108 dmg increase on dmg in armor shatterer which looks right in line with old player tested 4.0 instead of the +500% dmg they give. Tried again with flameholder and again the same 27 increase in dmg ranged dmg resulted in 114 dmg increase in AS which comes out to 4.222 so close enough to the .25 value SE gave us

    Similar 3k Arcu looked more like 8.6666 than the 13 they have listed.

    This is kind of a big deal. Talking about ws should be doing a good 50% more dmg than they are more bugs for the next huge pup bug report.

    Speaking of which anyone know offhand what base stats effect melee base dmg not counting fstr stuff?

  16. #376
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    310
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Sounds like time for an OF bug report (use the sticky.)

  17. #377
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,511
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Sounds like time for an OF bug report (use the sticky.)
    I think you mean another. Already got one with like 5 different things in already