FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Chip # 2 = RAM Stick 2?

Running memtest on new RAM and so far so good not going to do a full pass, on all 16 GB only 15 minutes or so. If it blue screens again I'll post again after doing memtest on all of the new sticks and posting SS's related. Thanks again everyone!
    At this point in time, you've already nailed down the issue. I was going to say RAM at the start just from the fact that random programs were blue screening (RAM usually is the first culprit). Obviously others nailed that down equally as quick. The price of RAM these days is so freaking low that its barely more expensive to replace both sticks just in case (that said, its going to be the stick that you tested on the second pass around). Just grab two new ones, pop them in and forget this ever happened :D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta View Post
    Going to steal this thread because I don't want to make another one. Brand new computer, not even 3 months old and just now randomly getting blue screen as well.

Here is the dump

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 50
    BCP1: FFFFFA830434DAB0
    BCP2: 0000000000000000
    BCP3: FFFFF800030EBC7A
    BCP4: 0000000000000005
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\020613-10654-01.dmp
    C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55567-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    If you're not going to make a new thread, you could at least read the thread and follow the same instructions we gave Link.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone got a clue what I could do to troubleshoot this? Knowledge, software testing tools, etc?

All Google is getting me is that it seems to be a catch-all for probably one of a billion reasons, majority of which seemingly unrelated to what triggered it for me. Started getting it whenever I tried to run a game (which promptly decides to go into 1-frame-per-20-seconds mode, complete with fucking up the textures in the process), and then the PC would BSOD if I let it continue doing that.

It then deteriorated to just straight up BSOD'ing before the Windows startup logo appears. I'd like to rule out the video card being the problem, but my motherboard lacks onboard video, and I don't have a spare functional card sitting around or PC that can take a pciE card. Only oddity I've seen is the one time I ran GPU-Z prior to loading a game, and the card usage just spiked to 100% (from its prior 5-10%) during slideshow mode.

Safe mode still works for whatever reason. I'm just used to BSODs involving the video card tossing me a driver error, or the card overheating, but neither is the case here, so I'm not entirely sure if it is the problem.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

First thing to always test when getting a BSOD that doesn't have a specific description is your memory. Download Memtest86+ and run it. Post results.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Four passes, zero problems. Going to try and reseat everything, and run with the bare minimum components and see if anything changes.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

download Whocrashed and read the dump

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bluescreens that aren't caused by RAM are often caused by the power supply. Unfortunately for the average user, there's not many ways to test the PSU short of swapping in a known-good supply. If there's a Mom & Pop computer shop nearby, they might be willing to test it for you.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Failling HDD are also a big source of BSOD

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Failing HDD usually has a more descriptive error. I'm leaning more toward what ARkanna said and that it's possibly a Power Supply.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    download Whocrashed and read the dump
    Today I learned: Having virtual memory turned off prevents WinXP from writing dumps. Turned that back on temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    Bluescreens that aren't caused by RAM are often caused by the power supply.
    I already replaced the PSU (picked up a Corsair CX500) trying to troubleshoot this issue. Same problem, unless this PSU just so happens to be faulty out of the box. Do Computer Stores typically have a means of testing them? Such a pain in the ass getting these put into my old PC case.

Not sure why I missed mentioning that in the original post......

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Failling HDD are also a big source of BSOD
    Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Failing HDD usually has a more descriptive error. I'm leaning more toward what ARkanna said and that it's possibly a Power Supply.
    I have two drives that both have a WinXP install (don't ask) I can run off of, both have the same issue.

What seems really random at this point is whether it'll just blue-screen at startup, or if it'll let me into Windows. Today? I'm able to get into Windows, and managed to not get much help from whocrashed, other than it saying my PC went into a slideshow as it did.

Can't be the video card drivers since I already tried three different ones, and I never 'had' a problem with the old drivers I used prior to all this happening. Also running bare minimum components here and no difference. Reseating everything didn't help either.

[EDIT] I should mention I got the BSOD from running a 3d application, where it went slideshow on me after I went from low settings to medium. Seems anything resembling a little bit of stress throws it off, since even POL Viewer triggers the problem.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When did this start happening? Any changes around that time? How long did you have the card before it happened? What does your system event log say at the time of crash?

Looking at 0x000000EA and related errors like 0x100000EA in combination with watchdog.sys points to failing GPU hardware.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First happened 10 days ago. Nothing changed, everything is at least three years old in this PC. Oldest part was probably the PSU (6~ years) so I figured that might have been the problem, but apparently not.

Forced another BSOD, this time nVidia's driver (nv4_mini.sys) was named, rather than watchdog or the 0x9C from when I initially posted my problems. Event log shows the same address as Whocrashed did in the log read. Have no prior BSOD logs to work off of due to aforementioned disabled virtual memory preventing XP from writing them.

My FFXI main menu was........interesting, during the slideshow.

I had stuff like that happen once every few months over the past 3 years, but I always just chalked it up to the various iterations of the nVidia driver hiccuping, as everything ran perfectly fine other than the fucked up textures afterwards, and a restart of the application resolved things.

Guess everything starting to point at a GPU crapping out then.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You might try using CCleaner to get rid of your drivers and reinstalling, or wiping your machine and reinstalling Windows. But if those don't work, yeah new GPU.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. I thought this was stupid me installing a beta Nivida driver, which I used a clean install to downgrade. I just uninstalled anything Nivida with CCleaner and reinstalled, just in case that doesn't work is there another remedy?

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 8/21/2013 1:00:40 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082013-10608-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75B80)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x8884, 0xFFFFFA8000C56850, 0xFFFFFA8000C56A00, 0x501)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 8/21/2013 1:00:40 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x8884, 0xFFFFFA8000C56850, 0xFFFFFA8000C56A00, 0x501)
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 8/11/2013 12:05:50 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081013-16317-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x8884, 0xFFFFFA8006170160, 0xFFFFFA8006170880, 0x503)
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System

I can add links to the full crash dumps; last time the crash happened, FFXI was idling while I was playing on my new 3DS btw. Any way I can run this down if it happens again? I can reformat and reinstall if needed tho redoing FFXI, as always, will be a headache.

Forgot to mention; this is Windows 7 Ultimate. In case people need to know, here's the speccy profile.. I just don't wanna see any more crashes, even when my back's turned.

P.S. Found out from looking that Nivida's audio drivers can cause a conflict with the RealTek ones; disabled the nivida audio drivers, let's hope that helps~!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Go read the second post of this thread

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll do that just in case. Better to run this down and make sure I didn't get a bad memory stick.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Excuse the double post, couldn't get it to burn right BUT! I have a ultimate boot CD. Which i used and has that mem test on it.

...It found NO errors at all. All evidence points to the two audio drivers (as I looked up online) hate each other; I disabled Nivida's in the system config, let's see if that fixes it..

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

About how often to the BSODs happen?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Randomly; I haven't seen one in a bit over a week and this happened. I'm hoping disabling the extra audio drivers will stop it.

What's funny is the BSOD happened when I wasn't paying attention this time.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

BSOD problem

Hi all!

I'm having BSOD problems in my computer and I have ran out of options on my own so I hope you can help me.

A couple weeks ago I started having BSODs while playing League of Legends. From then on, it has been getting worse, from happening sometimes when playing to happen every time I try to play, and also performing some other actions (they started happening in the following order): updating Windows, loading/shutting down Windows, playing Minesweeper (only once), watching an online series, analyzing the computer with the antivirus, and some others that seemed random.

WhoCrashed identifies the source to be ntoskrnl.exe in the vast majority of the minidump files (nt+0x75B80, nt+0x1F0E80, nt+0x71F00 or nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    ), but I obtained several unknowns, and it pointed twice to ntfs.sys, once (the first one) to win32k.sys and once to vboxnetflt.sys (I did have virtualbox installed, but I removed it and the errors have continued). The Stop errorcodes have been so far:
    - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800030D926D)
    - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x406F8, 0xFFFFF80003078E46) / 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x406F8, 0xFFFFF800030E8E5C)
    - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880009A9858, 0xFFFFF880009A90B0)
    - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF88005E6F25D)
    - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF800031AB666, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800031F3400) / 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: 0x3B (0xC000001D, 0xFFFFF800031C1666, 0xFFFFF88005DC3970, 0x0) / much others with different third parameter
    - NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF88009293738, 0xFFFFF88009292F90, 0xFFFFF800031BC666)
    - The first ones (after the very first with 0x3B at win32k.sys (win32k+0x21FE12)) with 0x1E(0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0) said Unknown (0xFFFFF80003086ED0) or Unknown (0xFFFFF800030C7ED0) and where KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I'm running Windows7 under the following setup:
    - Intel Core I5 2500K 3.3Ghz Box Socket 1155
    - Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3
    - Antec Kuhler H2O 620
    - G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB 2x4GB CL9
    - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA3
    - Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
    - Cooler Master GX Lite 700W
    - Sony AD-5280S-0B DVD Recorder 24X
    - A Trust wireless mouse
    - An HP wireless keyboard
    - An ASUS monitor with built-in speakers.

About what I have tried so far:
    - Windows built in memory checker: no results in the system log, neither possitive nor negative.
    - Memtest86 running for 2 hours aprox. No errors found.
    - Checked HDD with sfc. No errors found.
    - Unplugged separately each RAM and the graphics card, and also tried placing the RAMs in different slots. BSOD kept occuring each time.
    - Windows7 fully updated.
    - Computer full scan with both AVG and MSE (they were never installed at the same time, looking for a solution I found several people claiming MSE is very good and BSOD friendly and I switched). Nothing found.
    - Downloaded the driver updaters for the motherboard and the graphics card from their manufacturers sites.

I have been able to use the computer without BSOD booting in safe mode with network, although there wasn't much I could use the computer for in safe mode (specially I couldn't play League of Legends which is the most reliable way of triggering the BSOD I have found) so I can't really be sure it wasn't the case that the error just didn't happen to triger at random.

As a side note (in case the problem may be related with the audio), it may be worth noting something: a couple of days ago the League of Legends client (not the game) started muting sometimes at random moments (the mute started at random moments but remained until closed, and only the client was muted, anything else was), but it doesn't happen always. Also, when the BSOD occurs, it has been happening lately that it comes with a loud sound in the speakers, but again it doesn't happen everytime.

Any help would be really apreciated as I don't know what else to try aside from a full format and reinstalation, what wouldnt be any guarantee of solving the problem anyways as if it is a drivers problem I think I have updated every driver I installed when i build the computer (it is a custom computer built by pieces).

Thanks in advance and sorry for the wall of text.

EDIT: I doubt the reason is overheating, I can't check the temperature at the time of the crash, but all the PC components (excepting the HDD and the power) were somehow hot-ish (RAMs, graphics card and processor cooler), but none of them was even close to be painfull if touched. Also, at any normal moment CPUID HWmonitor says the max temperature of the processors is 50ºC and the graphics card 60ºC.