She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I thought I'd give a update to the BSODs that I'd been having. Turns out..

...My system HATES OpenAL, which was used for my screensaver. Bleh, I hope that means I am not in trouble if I try Minecraft later. The remedy was simply get rid of the screensaver, get rid of OpenAL and get a new screensaver. I don't know if there is a 64 bit version of that so my system wouldn't hate it, but at least I don't crash any more.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So, I am having a constant BSOD issue with my comp. Before it was like 2 times a day. Now, it seems to be increasing.

The problem seems to be with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Event viewer is always giving me this for a crash:

Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Googling this has brought up info on deleting a file and also updating the client. I have done both (fresh install n' all) yet I am still getting this error.

Thoughts?

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    So, I am having a constant BSOD issue with my comp. Before it was like 2 times a day. Now, it seems to be increasing.

The problem seems to be with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Event viewer is always giving me this for a crash:

Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Googling this has brought up info on deleting a file and also updating the client. I have done both (fresh install n' all) yet I am still getting this error.

Thoughts?
    1. Start your computer up in safe mode with networking (generally, jab F8 after the BIOS splash screen)
    2. Download & install CCleaner
    3. Completely uninstall MSE from CCleaner
    4. Run the Registry Cleaner via CCleaner
    5. Delete this .etl file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Client\Support\EppOobe.etl
    6. Restart the computer, boot into normal mode, reinstall MSE directly from Microsoft's website.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ok I know I must be retarded but this:

1. Start your computer up in safe mode with networking (generally, jab F8 after the BIOS splash screen)

Seems impossible, wtf.

I have tried f8, f2, tab, del. They all take me to the utility screen. Tried something where someone said hit f8 select the driver then hit f8 again really fast, and that didn't work either. ;_; Nothing about comps are every easy for me.

(I have an asus btw)

[edit] hubby just had me hit the switch in the back so it would ask automatically, fucking stupid.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

And after all that both CC and the normal uninstaller says I can't do that in safe mode and have to do it in normal.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

And after all that both CC and the normal uninstaller says I can't do that in safe mode and have to do it in normal.
    Hmm, they must have changed that recently. Is the system stable enough (in normal mode) to uninstall?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    Hmm, they must have changed that recently. Is the system stable enough (in normal mode) to uninstall?
    ya I did everything you said just in normal mode instead. I'll let you know if it crashes again.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

ya I did everything you said just in normal mode instead. I'll let you know if it crashes again.
    Before you let it stay up and stable -- run CCleaner's registry cleaning feature in Safe Mode. With many Microsoft based programs, the program itself and/or service lock up files, including some that manipulate the registry. Then see how it runs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

kk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

been getting lots of bluescreens lately I assume are hardware related, these are the 3 that pop up

pfn list corrupt
    memory management
    bad pool header

and then sometimes I start it up and it'll get to my desktop but I'll have like 15 ".... has stopped working" explorer/random processes

any ideas where to start looking for issues? I dont believe I had any problems before I bought this razer naga mouse and moved which things were plugged into which usb ports and anytime I try to upgrade my ATI drivers or update windows it wont boot until I do a system restore. I built this computer over a year ago and I'd never attempted to assemble parts before so its totally possible I fucked something up but it worked with 0 issues over a year and I've kept it cleaned inside and out.

Spoiler: show
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

etronxhci.sys (Etron eXtensible Host Controller Driver., Etron Technology Inc)
    atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010214-20888-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA800830F490, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010214-21715-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x99, 0x200700, 0x2, 0x10AAFF)
    Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122713-18751-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: pciidex.sys (PCIIDEX+0x9E10)
    Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFF88008FBFE10, 0xFFFFF88000FBFE10, 0xFFFFF88000FBFE10)
    Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\pciidex.sys
    description: PCI IDE Bus Driver Extension
    Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    been getting lots of bluescreens lately I assume are hardware related, these are the 3 that pop up

pfn list corrupt
    memory management
    bad pool header

and then sometimes I start it up and it'll get to my desktop but I'll have like 15 ".... has stopped working" explorer/random processes

any ideas where to start looking for issues? I dont believe I had any problems before I bought this razer naga mouse and moved which things were plugged into which usb ports and anytime I try to upgrade my ATI drivers or update windows it wont boot until I do a system restore. I built this computer over a year ago and I'd never attempted to assemble parts before so its totally possible I fucked something up but it worked with 0 issues over a year and I've kept it cleaned inside and out.

etronxhci.sys (Etron eXtensible Host Controller Driver., Etron Technology Inc)
    atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010214-20888-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA800830F490, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010214-21715-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x99, 0x200700, 0x2, 0x10AAFF)
    Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122713-18751-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: pciidex.sys (PCIIDEX+0x9E10)
    Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFF88008FBFE10, 0xFFFFF88000FBFE10, 0xFFFFF88000FBFE10)
    Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\pciidex.sys
    description: PCI IDE Bus Driver Extension
    Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
    Bad RAM. Swap out your sticks of RAM until it's stable, RMA the bad stick(s).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So good news is it didn't crash all night last night! But it just crashed now and I am still getting the same error in event viewer.

Here's an SS to see how often the error is happening:

Now the comp doesn't crash every time this happens. But it always shows up just as the crash happens.

and I just crashed again @ 11:30 pst. Same error.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I came home to find my PC frozen at the login screen, I always log out before work. So I reset it since I had no other option other than cutting the power, and it refused to load past the windows screen, giving me a BSOD regarding my main harddrive. Weird thing is.. as soon as I disconnected my 2nd harddrive, it booted up completely normal. This has happened once before, I eventually connected that 2nd harddrive again at a later date and haven't had any problems with that.. until now.

Edit: I got another BSOD, so I am assuming it's not the 2nd harddrive. This time I let it boot up to the login screen, I shut down and let it sit for a while like that. Turned it on, logged in normally and it gave me the message that it didn't shut down properly and led me to the potential solutions why. Had to do with some weird files in my appdata and windows folders I had never seen before.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So far.. not crashing. I am too scared to load anything other than my browser/netflix.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So good news is it didn't crash all night last night! But it just crashed now and I am still getting the same error in event viewer.

Now the comp doesn't crash every time this happens. But it always shows up just as the crash happens.

and I just crashed again @ 11:30 pst. Same error.
    1. Perform a normal reboot, and log in normally (not safe mode)
    2. Remove Microsoft Security Essentials via CCleaner uninstaller
    3. Run Registry cleaner via CCleaner
    4. Download this
    5. Run the Fix It after the download. (follow the steps)
    6. Hit Windows key + R at the same time. Type services.msc
    7. Stop the Windows Defender Service
    8. Use the Microsoft Security Essentials installer you've already downloaded, or download it again.
    9. Reboot

Tell me your results.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ok, I am at wits end with this BSOD. clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor. I average about 1-2 of these a day. Most of the googling I have received on this error seems to be due to overclocking which I don't do. A large chunk of the time this seems to happen when I'm browsing the web, but I've also had it fire off while idling. Sometimes it won't even come up with the BSOD, it will just hard freeze the system. Strangely the only time this does not happen is when I'm playing a game. I've ran tests on everything except the hard drive (Hirens no longer seems to come with a version of PC doctor sadly) and everything seems to be clean. It is an older system, 5 years in about 2 months, everything original except the video card that died on me about 18 months ago. Specs are as follows

First Gen I7 2.66ghz CPU
    EVGA Motherboard X-58 I believe
    EVGA GTX TI550 Video Card
    6GB Corsair DDR 3 I want to say 1066 speed, again 5 year old computer, hazy on the components)
    500GB 7200RPM HDD
    850W Corsair PSU

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'm planning on replacing my computer as is but I really want to stretch this as much as possible.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Ok, I am at wits end with this BSOD. clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor. I average about 1-2 of these a day. Most of the googling I have received on this error seems to be due to overclocking which I don't do. A large chunk of the time this seems to happen when I'm browsing the web, but I've also had it fire off while idling. Sometimes it won't even come up with the BSOD, it will just hard freeze the system. Strangely the only time this does not happen is when I'm playing a game. I've ran tests on everything except the hard drive (Hirens no longer seems to come with a version of PC doctor sadly) and everything seems to be clean. It is an older system, 5 years in about 2 months, everything original except the video card that died on me about 18 months ago. Specs are as follows

First Gen I7 2.66ghz CPU
    EVGA Motherboard X-58 I believe
    EVGA GTX TI550 Video Card
    6GB Corsair DDR 3 I want to say 1066 speed, again 5 year old computer, hazy on the components)
    500GB 7200RPM HDD
    850W Corsair PSU

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'm planning on replacing my computer as is but I really want to stretch this as much as possible.
    Update your BIOS to the latest version, then, set everything to default. I would be you have a weird setting turned on that isn't compatible with your set.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    Update your BIOS to the latest version, then, set everything to default. I would be you have a weird setting turned on that isn't compatible with your set.
    Any reason why it would only kick in after 4+ years with no changes to the system setting wise?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

New PC, got a couple of these randomly. I believe I chased it down to an external HD. Heard of these causing BSoDs occasionally? (I'm very not-techie.) Had 3-4 with my external HD in over a week or so, but 0 without it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Any reason why it would only kick in after 4+ years with no changes to the system setting wise?
    Any number of system programs or updates could be at fault, leading to a driver incompatibility I would imagine. I'm only guessing, but I have seen bios updates fix really weird shit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast