+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'll give that a try as that and reinstall of Firefox are about the only two things I haven't done yet.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I think my video card is dieing, and I've posted for some replacement suggestions, in the PC/Parts thread, but I just wanted to post her too in case there's anyting else I can do. I've tried to do clean install/re-installs of my video driver, but it's not working. Here's the DMP info; any help would be appreciated.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
    to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: dxgkrnl.sys

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
    restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
    these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
    If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
    for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
    or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
    your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
    select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa80099cb010, 0xfffff8800fa48e2c, 0xffffffffc000009a,
    0x0000000000000004)

*** dxgkrnl.sys - Address 0xfffff8800fd47140 base at 0xfffff8800fcea000 DateStamp
    0x51fa153d

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Install whatcrashed

should help a bit more

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

So I started up my PC yesterday and I clicked on Google Chrome and nothing happened. I licked a few other things and nothing seemed to open. After about 3-5 minutes the stuff I clicked started to open up on screen, but were running super slow. Everything was clickable, but took a few minute to open. Slowly the time it took for applications to open and start running at normal speed shortened.

I just put my computer to sleep last night and when started it up today it was running fine, but eventually stopped and got a message that windows stopped working and had the option to stop it from running and my computer basically froze after that.

I started it back up after and it seems fine for the moment. Any idea what might be happening? I feel like it might be a hardware problem, but I really have no clue.

Update: So everything seems to run smooth until I try to open files on my Hard Drive. It takes FOREVER for them to load or open, sometimes freezing my computer completely. I started up Diablo 3 and it was working fine for a while, but eventually froze up and all I could do was move my mouse around, but I couldn't do anything else. Also as I was typing this in the first time my computer froze and upon starting back up said it need to check my C: drive for consistency and started checking all kinds of files, deleting shit I guess trying to fix itself?

I don't know much about Computer hardware and software malfunctioning, but it seems like my Hard Drive might be failing? I just want to be sure before I spend money on something I don't need.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pipe burst in my room and 2-3 inches of water flooded everything. I got home and my PC was still running in the water with a BSOD on the screen (kind of crazy that it was still going). I immediately ripped out all plugs, carried my tower like a wounded child to a table upstairs, and opened it up. Looks like the water only got about half an inch into the power supply. I have left it sitting out drying for 48 hours without plugging it in once. I'd like to try to give it a go tonight; does anyone think that is a bad idea?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

with that PSU i'd say it's a bad idea.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So I have an old gigabyte z68 mobo with a 2500k, monday night I turned it off (usually its on 24/7) and tuesday night it refuses to start up now. It will power up for a few seconds and then cut off and try again. Usually it doesn't even get far enough to show the bios logo but sometimes it will manage to start loading the bios interface background but then freeze and reboot. Tried taking ram out, reseating and swapping video card with another one, unplugging everything but a keyboard, resetting the cmos and taking the battery out. Does it seem more likely to be board or cpu? Unfortunately I don't have another of either to try out, but my last hope is trying a different psu tonight. There aren't many 1155 mobos around so they are a little pricey, and I kinda want to get a 4790k...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Could be power supply crapping out on you, I had a similar experience and when it did finally manage to boot it killed the entire machine.

Does it have onboard LEDs by any chance? To let you know if the power to the board is good? I remember when my 3960X died the only way I was able to confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt it was the CPU was to swap the MB ( and the problems carried over ). However, it didn't behave the same way yours is; it usually made it past POST but couldn't get into the OS without rebooting or just plain turning off. Unless the board has a diagnostic or you can get ahold of one of these guys (link) - and honestly they're pretty cheap so it doesn't hurt to have one around - it'll be hard to pin down which it is without swapping around the board / cpu.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yep psu didn't help. That tester looks like a handy thing to have, will have to pick one up. Guess it's time to go shopping and I'll have a cpu or board to put on ebay soon lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So new build with windows 10 and everything is going well. All of a sudden I get" bad_pool_caller." all my drivers are up to date, hardware checks out. Only thing I didn't do is a complete recovery, but my USB stick(windows 10 installer) is not giving me the ability to do any sort of recovery. Anyone else have this and was able to fix it?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

New programs?
    Peripheral?
    How often does it happen?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Shortest it has happened was around 10 minutes, it mostly happens in an hour. I can run the computer fine and play some ESO online without a hickup then all of a sudden it goes to restart.

Other then the MSI disc to download drivers i only put in Steam and Eset antivirus

I also am having a problem with trying to do a system recovery. I read up on how to fix it but i get an "Operation 3 error"

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    Shortest it has happened was around 10 minutes, it mostly happens in an hour. I can run the computer fine and play some ESO online without a hickup then all of a sudden it goes to restart.

Other then the MSI disc to download drivers i only put in Steam and Eset antivirus

I also am having a problem with trying to do a system recovery. I read up on how to fix it but i get an "Operation 3 error"
    Remove and reseat all your memory modules. Also related, your memory timings may be too high. Go into your BIOS when you power on your computer and see if you can set to use XMP profiles under memory.

You might also want to download a Memtest86 ISO, make a bootable disc, then boot to that disc and run the diagnostics.

Also, you may want to go out to the hardware manufacturers' sites and install the latest drivers for your hardware. Usually, the drivers that ship on motherboard discs are pretty out-of-date.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I don't have an extra cd/usb for the memtest but i did a error parameter report from windows and this showed up. Any idea? I have no clue to what this translates to.

Source
    Windows

Summary
    Shut down unexpectedly

Date
    ‎1/‎20/‎2017 1:59 PM

Status
    Not reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    Code: c2
    Parameter 1: 99
    Parameter 2: ffffbb0464959e08
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_14393
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Edit: I think i might have fixed it. I didn't know i had to manually adjust the DDR4 to the advertised speeds and it originally will be put in default mode. I also changed Eset to Kapersky and have yet to experience a crash after a few hours which is it's longest yet.

Had to change the ram from 1600 to 3200.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd say it probably wasn't the memory. Memory can always operate slower than advertised with no problem.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Well there are a few errors going on that need to be fixed. If the computer restarts again, then i will just do a full clean install from the USB and hope for the best.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone who got the Creator Update for Windows 10 been experiencing reboot issues? There's already alot of well documented issues with it in regards to Gsync, HDR, and other nonsense, but I haven't seen anything widespread about it causing major stability issues across the board.

At this point I've gone thru every possible option, including a reformat and reinstall (which automatically updated to creator) and the problem has remained, so it's gotta be Windows itself causing it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Anyone who got the Creator Update for Windows 10 been experiencing reboot issues? There's already alot of well documented issues with it in regards to Gsync, HDR, and other nonsense, but I haven't seen anything widespread about it causing major stability issues across the board.

At this point I've gone thru every possible option, including a reformat and reinstall (which automatically updated to creator) and the problem has remained, so it's gotta be Windows itself causing it.
    Or a driver?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've cycled thru a bunch of different drivers and nothing fixed it, currently attempting completely removing all traces of Realtek Audio drivers and forcing it to use the Microsoft default ones. Realtek drivers are always fucky, and there's more then a few reports of them causing varying issues with each big Windows 10 update.

The crashes only present themselves in one of two ways, either playing Skyrim SE (all other games and programs are stable) or by leaving the computer off for 8 hours or more, at which the system with go thru 2 or 3 boot loops before finally letting me reach the desktop. Any errors only comes in the form of the Kernel Power event, which is completely useless for troubleshooting.

Just played Skyrim for about an hour without a crash, but won't be able to know with the other one until tomorrow really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast