+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ok, this error is driving me insane. I think I have it narrowed down to a sleep mode issue as it only occurs randomly when coming out of sleep mode. Basically my system will hang on a white screen, attempt to load windows, then BSOD with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Rebooting doesn't solve it, I actually have to hit the power switch, and then when it comes back up, it acts like it just came out of sleep mode, any/all browser tabs are open, etc. So no clue what to do. I currently disabled sleep mode on my computer and it hasn't occurred since, but I would like to get this fixed so I can have my system go back into it's low power sleep state when I'm at work or asleep.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

There should be several selectable sleep states (S1-S5). Use 'powercfg /a' in a command prompt to enumerate which ones Windows sees. These may be adjustable in BIOS/UEFI settings. Note: Some peripherals may not be S4 capable, which can prevent the system from entering S4 state.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm currently set for S3, 0-2 are not available on my system it appears.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I personally have seen both a bad keyboard and a bad mouse cause similar issues. Here are a couple of options to attempt. Try unplugging all peripherals (including mouse & keyboard) and then see if the problem persists. If it seems to be resolved with everything unplugged, plug them in one at a time and test again until you find the problematic hardware. Secondly you can enter BIOS/UEFI setup on boot up (F2 or DEL generally or if UEFI open a command prompt and type 'shutdown /r /fw /t 0' [zero not O]) and see if you can enable S4 sleep or maybe "Modern Standby". It's hard to say because it will depend on your motherboard manufacturer.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, I took a quick look this morning, I have an Asus Dark Hero VIII motherboard and couldn't find anything on standby/sleep mode, but I was also rushing this morning.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Not a BSOD, but a nitpick issue. Finally joined the Ultrawide Crew last month, and everything works great except one small bug that is more annoyance then anything. After coming out of sleep mode, my screen will refresh 1-2 times within the first 30 seconds and I have absolutely no idea why it's doing that.

Both monitors are G-Sync capable, both running through Display port into an EVGA 3080TI graphics card with the latest drivers.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My computers been acting up the past couple days, and its becoming more and more frequent now (about 10 days ago this would happen once every 2 days, and yesterday it happened 3 times). Theres no BSOD error message, theres nothing in event viewer either. I'm not doing anything overly intensive either.

Basically...computer just goes dark and locks up complete with that audio stutter if there was any sound coming The weird thing is you'd think its still powered on: RGB lights are still on, fans are spinning, etc.

Reason why I dont think its memory related: Memory failure comes with BSOD.
    Reason why I dont think its overheating: I can reboot the system immediately, and the temp checks show well under 60. If it were overheating, it wouldnt drop that quickly. Also wouldnt a shutdown from overheating also generate an error log?

I'm thinking its a problem with the power supply, but maybe someone else has some idea of what else it could be. The PS is under 2 years old though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

What about GPU temps? My guess based on what you're seeing is it's either your GPU slowly kicking the bucket, or the PSU.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I hope its not the GPU, its newer than the PSU lol
    I'd def have a sad if its my 3080 TI shitting the bed. I'll check GPU temps next time it happens.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This might not help your problem but if you can get the system to run long enough I'd check first to see if Windows has any image or system file corruptions, I've seen weirder shit occur because of that.

Search for command prompt in start menu
    Right click CMD
    Click Run as administrator

Runs these one at a time:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /SCANNOW

Last one will verify integrity of the system files.

If it finds any corruptions it will let you know and do a repair, can repeat sfc command after the repair to see if it comes back clean.

If problem persists you can at least rule this out as the cause.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

all the Dism commands came back negative. sfc found some corrupt files, but from what I can see in the log file, it was D3DCompiler_47 and some OneDrive stuff. I modified D3DCompiler ages ago to use DGVoodoo with FFXI.

I'll see if it locks up though.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well hasnt died in 24 hrs, so either something wasnt playing nice with the dgvoodoo D3D, or the compressed air i took to it helped whatever was bugging with hardware.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Did you change OC settings? Your description of the error sounds similar to what I'd sometimes get when tweaking voltage and speed settings on my card ages ago

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont OC

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So it just rebooted on me again. I was remoting home from work, and like 30 min later it just booted me. Oddly, it rebooted on its own, but I dont think I have wake-on-lan enabled, which is odd.

It didnt crash yesterday, and I WFH yesterday so no remoting home. It could be coincidence, or it could be a culprit. I'm gonna update moonlight and Nvidia drivers when I get home, just incase thats the culprit for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6