Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I haven't gotten BSoD's necessarily but lately I've been getting this very bizarre error on my PC. Basically, it seems like whenever I play a videogame in fullscreen (like FFXIV or BotW) or if I'm streaming a video on Netflix or Youtube and then open another tab while that video is still playing, after a while or after I close the game, my computer bugs out like crazy, I get these weird matrix like patterns all over my screen or in one instance like last night, my screen just went entirely 1 colour (in this case, cream coloured >_> ). What's most bizarre is that the sound keeps going as if the computer is still running fine, but the video itself is just derped out, and I can't really get any responses out of my keyboard or mouse or etc.

I ran the windows memory diagnostic tool to see if it was something to do with my memory and that came up with zero errors. So I can't help but suspect that it's my graphics card (I'm using a 1080 that I got about a year and a half ago). I'm also using a 4k TV as a monitor so I dunno if that might be the problem? My PC worked perfectly fine for over a year and then suddenly started giving me these issues. Anyone with any idea as to what could be causing it?

Sounds like a vid card going bad. Make sure to update the drivers and update the OS. Sometimes a clean install can get rid of gremlins.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'll give that a shot, thanks!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay, gonna give this another go and see if someone else has a solution. So at this point I've updated my drivers, I've uninstalled and removed my graphics card and then reinstalled it with updated drivers. I've updated my OS BIOS and drivers, and at this point I've contacted Dell and they basically just remotely updated my drivers and proceeded to tell me I need to wipe my PC to factory settings and start over again which is stupid as fuck.

To reiterate my problem, it seems like when I stress the memory of my GPU, I end up getting artifacts on my screen before it ultimately locks up and I have to restart everything. At this point, I can't play any video games or stream something on youtube while even having a separate tab open. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I can't help but suspect that it's a hardware issue but I want to pinpoint it down if possible.

An image of what I mean by artifacts:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I had something like that happen to me with a LG monitor, except it was only half of the screen. It was a hardware issue and thankfully Costco was willing to take it back despite being purchased over a year ago.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So it was your monitor and not anything to do with your PC? That was kind of my suspicion too but at the same time, the artifacts aren't a permanent thing, they only happen when I'm playing a game or something that puts some stress on my GPU. I also called NVidia and did a stress test that they had me download. Ran it for an hour with no issues at all. Stopped the test and within a couple minutes my PC bugged out again =/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I was able to confirm mine because it was still present even when I shut off my pc.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ahh I see I see. I can get mine to bug out pretty easily, but if I shut my PC off for a while, they go away =/

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That could be anything from a faulty video card to a faulty PSU.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Change monitor first (it seems like you did a lot of software checks). Make sure all parts are secure (it could be the card/board slightly warping after heating up). Any dust? Run it with the case open and make sure fans are moving. Is it an airflow issue? Are fans just circulating the air in the PC rather than pushing it out? Blocks/clogs of the vents (parts and case)? Did you run CoreTemp or video card temps to make sure stuff wasn't getting incredibly hot?

Is Windows completely updated?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, at this point I've covered all my software bases. Definitely something hardware so I'll have to take some time to figure that out. I appreciate all the advice though!

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I had a stable 4Ghz overclock on my Ryzen 5 2600 and it averaged 55 deg in game. I updated a few drivers today, my AMD chipset drivers and my Intel LAN driver, and suddenly my OC wasn't stable. Temp would creep towards 60 and eventually crash after cresting over that. Everything is working again back on stock settings (with a loss of about 30 fps in Dota 2, 190+ down to 160~170) but now even at stock my temps are over the old average at a 58 deg average.

Can a driver somehow cause a temp spike like this? I know drivers sometimes expose unstable OCs but I don't understand how my stock temps are suddenly higher than my old OC.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I don't know how to google fu this, and I'm completely at a loss.
    I got these light lines that are in a sort of vein pattern through the bottom right side of my 144hz monitor. It's an ASUS VG248QE. They are not horizontal or vertical but kind of all over the place. I can see them best on medium tone solid backgrounds, and can barely see them at all on white. They disappear on black backgrounds. They don't move or change. They didn't start small and get worse, they just showed up one day.

Since it's only on one side of the monitor and it's not happening to my other monitor at all, I'm sure it must be something happening to the screen and not stemming from the GPU. What causes this, can I fix it, or am I fucked? I see that this monitor is known for failing, but no one in the Amazon reviews mentions anything like what I'm experiencing. I've had it since April 2017 and this is the first time I had a problem with it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14r...5s9fq4cvlXI1f7

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I got these light lines that are in a sort of vein pattern through the bottom right side of my 144hz monitor. It's an ASUS VG248QE. They are not horizontal or vertical but kind of all over the place. I can see them best on medium tone solid backgrounds, and can barely see them at all on white. They disappear on black backgrounds. They don't move or change. They didn't start small and get worse, they just showed up one day.

Since it's only on one side of the monitor and it's not happening to my other monitor at all, I'm sure it must be something happening to the screen and not stemming from the GPU. What causes this, can I fix it, or am I fucked? I see that this monitor is known for failing, but no one in the Amazon reviews mentions anything like what I'm experiencing. I've had it since April 2017 and this is the first time I had a problem with it.

Uhm, your screen is positioned so no one could have bumbed into it carrying a cardboard box or anything like that?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post

Uhm, your screen is positioned so no one could have bumbed into it carrying a cardboard box or anything like that?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah, for sure lol. Nothing could have happened to it where it is.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Update: them light lines faded away to nothing for no apparent reason. They simply got less and less defined until they vanished. Still don't know what they were. Completely baffled.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Most recent Windows 10 update put me in an infinite boot loop. I tried the standard repair stuff. It wouldn't do Safe Mode, it had no Restore Points (which I thought it created automatically...?), I couldn't repair from Command Prompt (CHKDSK, /fixmbr, nor /fixboot), and I couldn't repair from a Linux USB. Windows is on its own SSD stick, so I just did a replace Windows+Keep my files. Had quite a few BSODs (one when launching Nox, one when reading the HTML of what programs were not carried over, and just a random one browsing reddit). Could just be my system and not the update.

I just finished building my new PC, and after installing everything, i noticed i couldnt change the Case Fan RGBs and also the CPU AIO RGBs. I also noticed that from the 3 case fans the lowest one is running at a faster speed than the 2 fans above. Did i connect something wrong or is it a software issue?

Fans are the Corsair LL120 RGB, AIO CPU Cooler is the iCue H150 RGB PRO XT, Motherboard is the Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)

Worried the power supply in my PC might be threatening to bite the dust as I've started getting some hard freezes while running a combination of XIV and OBS for streaming. Event Viewer is showing a Kernel Power error (whether it's when the freeze happens or I force power off, I dunno), but beyond that, I'm not really sure what else I should be doing to confirm the possibility.

I did make some recent hardware changes like going from a 250gb to 2tb NVME, as well as adding a couple 16gb RAM sticks alongside 2 8gb ones. I'm wondering if maybe I might have a placement issue on the latter if the same types should be on the same pairing or the same slots on the alternate pairs (current), but if that's a non-issue I'm not going to tear open my tower just yet.