+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

[OFFICIAL BSOD SUPPORT THREAD]

Yesterday my computer started acting up. It started as firefox itself crashing, and once I reloaded it flash would crash immediately after. This happened atleast 5 times within a 10-20 minute period. After a restart that went away, but not long after the computer went to a BSOD. I didn't look to what the reason was, just restarted the computer. About an hour later, my computer completely shut itself off then turned back on, like during a restart but skipping past all the shut down. Finally as I was going to bed, the computer had another BSOD, this time noticing the blue screen to say IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

After I restarted I looked this up, finding people saying it could be overclocked CPU issues (which I've never done) Nvidia driver issues or memory issues. I took my case apart to make sure everything was still connected, RAM and everything was fine.

Event Viewer had a few errors displayed..

Faulting application name: Skype.exe, version: 6.0.0.126, time stamp: 0x509ce778
    Faulting module name: Skype.exe, version: 6.0.0.126, time stamp: 0x509ce778
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x001afe20
    Faulting process id: 0x1230
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce003a2ffc6ad7
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
    Report Id: 710e1a1d-6c2d-11e2-87c7-c86000a181d7

-

Faulting application name: svchost.exe_SysMain, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc3c1
    Faulting module name: sysmain.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7c9db
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000004e03
    Faulting process id: 0x86c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce003a054d0f7b
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
    Faulting module path: c:\windows\system32\sysmain.dll
    Report Id: 71a410ce-6c2d-11e2-87c7-c86000a181d7

-

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service because of this error.

Program: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
    File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    User Action
    1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
    Error value: 00000000
    Disk type: 0

-

Faulting application name: wmpnetwk.exe, version: 12.0.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7ae7f
    Faulting module name: wmp.dll, version: 12.0.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7ca81
    Exception code: 0xc000001d
    Fault offset: 0x000000000020f4e3
    Faulting process id: 0x1078
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce00310b7a389a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\wmp.dll
    Report Id: 4ff616a9-6c24-11e2-aabf-c86000a181d7

-

Beyond what I've researched I'm not entirely sure what to do or what the issue really is. Here is the two recent DMP files from my minidump

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...26837613947486
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...48808949977952

Also as a Frame of reference everything in the PC is 10 months old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://www.memtest86.com/

download it
    boot to it
    run it
    post results

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    http://www.memtest86.com/

download it
    boot to it
    run it
    post results
    This always this.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

any time you have a blue screen, unless it says something specific like "boot device inaccessible" always assume memory and run memtest.

how long should I run it for? And if it's not the memory then what would it be?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

run it till all tasks are complete and it loops back. If it's not memory we move to the next possible culprit. When you get the bluescreen you'll get a stop code. 0x00000000< looks like this. Give us that stop code.

I can't do a mem test right now until tonight which is when I'll run it but if it's a RAM issue is it a possibility its the mobo slots for the ram or just RAM? If so how would I be able to tell. And if it is just the RAM should I just buy new RAM and it'd be okay? I've already tried to take them out and push em back in.

Blue screened again while doing photoshop today this was the error message tonight I'll do memtest while i sleep but I still need to find a USB.

0x00000024
    then it went into a ( thing
    and had 0x00000000000c08a5
    the rest were just zeros there was like 3 more set of numbers just all zeros

When I do the memtest as well what will the results look like that I should have available to post? I haven't ever finished it before only booted it up once to try it ages ago.

Also thank you for your help thus far it's appreciated.

edit: Happened again this is what I got. At this point I'm wondering if it'll just blue screen during the mem test ._.
    0x0000007e ( 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff800035b1d38, 0xfffff880033c4868, 0xfffff880033c40c0 )

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just ran it red's all over. I'm wondering if it's my RAM or my MOBO slot for my RAM now. Is there a way to differentiate which one it is without new RAM and re-running the test. Pictures Below

http://i.imgur.com/bkYnXqi.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ImyfoG6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/dFB2mZ2.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/29GmLyr.jpg

Old Merits
    BG Level

Take RAM out and test stick by stick, slot by slot if you want (when testing two make sure they are in correct slots so they running dual channel)

and if I still get the same error messages on both sticks, couldn't the culprit be the motherboard or the RAM still? The variables don't seem to be eliminated outside of seeing if it's one stick or the other. Is there anyway to distinguish other than if they both come up bad to buy a new stick and hope that one wasnt defective? Then if I get failures again its the mobo?

I only had two sticks when I did the initial test

edit: Also when I do this, should I only do it for 30 minutes per stick per slot? Or more time if no errors pop out at me? And I'd assume if no errors did pop out at me it'd inevitably the mobo and i'd need to get a new one. However if errors occur with each stick and each slot then it doesn't eliminate the variables. Thinking about it now though I can probably have this limited to 5 tests or so putting one stick in each of the 4 slots then the next stick in any random slot if errors come up on all of them. Then it'd be either two bad RAM sticks or a bad board.

Starting redoing it now will 30 minutes per stick be okay in each slot as a benchmark? That way I only spend 4 hours total, or is there a minimum number of tests I go through? Like I said though am I safe in the assumption if it yells red at me doing more than 30 minutes would be pointless? And if its clear maybe I should do more or is 30 minute accurate gauge for one stick of 4GB of RAM? Should I also take SSes of each thing?

Also thanks again everyone for the help provided

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When you take pics, try to match them up to "stick 1, in slot 1", "stick 2, in slot 1", "Stick 1 in slot 2" etc.

No errors so far with stick one in slot 1, waiting for three passes though per slot

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Leaving work. Will check this thread when I get home.

Ram 1 Blue Slot 1 : http://i.imgur.com/dxIquz2.jpg
    Ram 1 Blue Slot 2 : http://i.imgur.com/YlwFvoO.jpg

Well RAM 1 was a pass on Blue Slot 1 and Blue Slot 2. Since I only used these slots without the white slots, rather than test the white slots I went ahead on RAM 2 on Blue Slot 1. So far it's bringing up loads of errors, after one pass through I'll post results.

Based on this it looks like the culprit was RAM 2? Unlikely it's anything else if RAM 1 passed fine on the both slots and RAM 2 started errors galore.

I can put it in Blue Slot 2 in order to double check if its the culprit though. But it seems likely, I'll probably do it but not take screen shots or something or is there a risk of damaging the slots with a bad RAM?

RAM 2 Blue Slot 1: http://i.imgur.com/z3H08VS.jpg

Ran it through Blue Slot 2 as well I didn't bother with a full pass just loads of errors, tossing it now. I bought 16 GB new RAM so i'm going to do a small test with those and see if they work. Thanks a lot for the help everyone if I'm missing something let me know please! ^^

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sounds like it was Chip #2 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Sounds like it was Chip #2 to me.
    Chip # 2 = RAM Stick 2?

Running memtest on new RAM and so far so good not going to do a full pass, on all 16 GB only 15 minutes or so. If it blue screens again I'll post again after doing memtest on all of the new sticks and posting SS's related. Thanks again everyone!

Going to steal this thread because I don't want to make another one. Brand new computer, not even 3 months old and just now randomly getting blue screen as well.

Here is the dump

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 50
    BCP1: FFFFFA830434DAB0
    BCP2: 0000000000000000
    BCP3: FFFFF800030EBC7A
    BCP4: 0000000000000005
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\020613-10654-01.dmp
    C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55567-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast