Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    What's the complaint about Ciri?
    He was upset that they were using her for this game, her story was finished but for whatever reason CDPR wanted to bring her back in for this game.

OK the reason is obvious, T&A, but anyways

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Word of warning to PC players, looks like there's random lockup issue. I got hit by it and it's happening to some other people looking on reddit.

Run the game in borderless windowed so you can close out the game in task manager if it happens to you.

Edit : and apparently hard freezing your computer, just had it go black screen and had to reboot. WE GOT BUUUUUGS

Mad buggy, can't advance in main quest because the game is making my computer crash to a black screen as I near the area. Guess I'll call it a night and see if anything pops up tomorrow.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Ewww

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

dat mustard rice

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well the german pc hardware thing was dead on for frame rate, with everything ultrad up at 1080p was getting around 45fps, turned off hairworks, set shadows to low, and 55 now, gonna tweak it a bit up to 60.
    Definitely feels like shit fighting a bunch of stuff and it drops to 35 or so, no idea how people put up with 30fps.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looking thru Steam forums almost all of the crashes are coming from those with Nvidia cards, so it might be the drivers they released today.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Not sure how relevant this is to Witcher 3, but [H]ardforum.com definitely has a specific issue with Witcher 3 and Nvidia. I have not read much of the thread. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1862343

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's because it's using Gameworks, which has been causing a shitstorm with some people on the interwebs. Unlike Project Cars it can be turned off (and it's only the hair effect in this game), but Gameworks code basically only runs well on Maxwell based cards, and runs especially like complete dogshit on AMD hardware. And because it's Nvidia the code isn't open source so AMD has no way to try to optimize it.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's because it's using Gameworks, which has been causing a shitstorm with some people on the interwebs. Unlike Project Cars it can be turned off (and it's only the hair effect in this game), but Gameworks code basically only runs well on Maxwell based cards, and runs especially like complete dogshit on AMD hardware. And because it's Nvidia the code isn't open source so AMD has no way to try to optimize it.
    It's so shitty, especially given that a 960 outperforms a 780 in witcher 3.... that's such a joke.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's there in Witcher 3, but not quite to the level of Project Cars I think. I know there a 960 would beat out out a Titan, which is just downright dumb.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

He was upset that they were using her for this game, her story was finished but for whatever reason CDPR wanted to bring her back in for this game.

OK the reason is obvious, T&A, but anyways
    Can someone fill me in on Ciris story being done before? I played the first 2 games but I forgot everything.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ciri was in the books, which took place before the games began. Her story (no lie) eventually involves her riding a magical unicorn named "Horsey" and jumping thru portals between worlds and other ridiculous shit. It's better not to think about it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Okay I'll just take what I get from this game lol. Had to go to parent's anniversary dinner. Can't wait to get back to play more.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Let my computer run a Furmark stress test for half an hour to make sure nothing was wrong, so the crashes I'm seeing are definitely coming from something in game. Hoping something comes out to address it since I had burn some paid leave before I lost it (Thanks Obama) and took it for this week.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

My game seems laggy, even in prerendered cutscenes.

Voice volume is set to highest, yet they sound like a whisper.

Also, I can't alt tab or even hit windows button. Have to ctrl alt del. Even with borderless windows.

Think I might wait for a patch or two before I play.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I hate all of you playing this right now and will avoid this thread and any TW3 related content at all costs until I can play it.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Played a bit so far, damnnnnn.

Still running around doing shit in the first village, game is very pretty, and the worlds incredibly detailed.
    Definitely sets a very high benchmark in terms of attention to detail, even minor quests have voice overs, super impressed so far.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fantastic game so far. Still only in first village.

Only minor QOL complaint. You have to actually turn to face something to interact with it. I much prefer when the interact button pops up when I turn the camera to face something.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

GTX 980 here, game running as smooth as butter with maxed everything.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Word of warning to PC players, looks like there's random lockup issue. I got hit by it and it's happening to some other people looking on reddit.

Run the game in borderless windowed so you can close out the game in task manager if it happens to you.

Edit : and apparently hard freezing your computer, just had it go black screen and had to reboot. WE GOT BUUUUUGS

Mad buggy, can't advance in main quest because the game is making my computer crash to a black screen as I near the area. Guess I'll call it a night and see if anything pops up tomorrow.
    Downloaded the new Nvidia driver today for this and apparently that was a bad idea or something because I am crashing like a motherfucker also. One case of the display driver stopping working and closing the game, two cases of getting tabbed back into desktop with the game still running but won't allow me to tab back in. Can still hear sound and select options. Super frustrating.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag