Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I tried one of the 2 official ones and it was kinda meh. The difficulty was a bit ridiculous compared to the game to. I think I'm gonna skip the other one and start on Witcher 2. You guys have made me have HUGE expectations for this game so hopefully its good lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah I tried one of the 2 official ones and it was kinda meh. The difficulty was a bit ridiculous compared to the game to. I think I'm gonna skip the other one and start on Witcher 2. You guys have made me have HUGE expectations for this game so hopefully its good lol.
    You really won't be disappointed with Witcher 2. Play it and you'll understand the hype for the 3rd one.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The main benefit for transferring over a save file from the first game is getting a bit of gear carried over, which can help ease the difficulty curve since the beginning of the game can be a little rough until you've gained a few levels. Though the Enhanced Edition for 2 did tone some of the games difficulty down.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just started 2. Combat definitely seems more fun than the first one. And this game is so damn pretty. Only tried High setting atm, will try Ultra later but I just keep running around the battlefield looking at things.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I remember playing TW2 when it first came out, there was no tutorial or anything. I got fucking slaughtered for almost a week straight until I finally got the hang of the combat and invested into some smart abilities like maxing the dodge roll out, Quen, etc.

I really wanted to fucking LOVE the Witcher 1, fucking everything about it was so unique and great.. and then you see the combat. I was pretty stubborn but finally gave up after constant death, I just said.. NOPE. Awful, I really hope they redo the original game for consoles/PC with TW2's combat system. The Witcher 1: the good edition.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Constant death? I found Witcher 1 to be so easy, but I played on normal mode. I could steamroll through the game without ever moving in combat, just attack attack attack. It was very boring, but I never found it to be hard. Also I think 2 has a tutorial but its on its own and I said fuck it and just dove in lol

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well lucky you! I got my ass annihilated in the dark areas.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thats what cat potions are for. Game definitely did not hold your hand with alchemy, but I was able to figure it out enough to have no issues with the crypts.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The few times you need to use cat potions in TW2, you wish you really didn't have to. It's one of the worst things ever.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I noticed that the first time I used it >_> I have no idea why they changed it from the first one where it simply let you see in the dark. Ugh, I hope there are less dark places in the second one than the first one.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Double post but gotta ask

Its seeming like the game is rather different depending on which path I pick between Roche and Iorveth. Should I be playing the game twice to get a the full experience or are the differences not as big as they seem?

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

THey are completely different paths, and definitely both worth seeing. All the choices are pretty different. Def. a 2x playthrough recommended.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll be carrying over the Iorveth path when I get into Witcher 3, but you definitely want to play thru the game twice. There's a few options in the prologue and in chapter 1 that can have some moderately far reaching effects later in the game too.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was thinking I'd just pick up from where the path diverges but I think I'll restart the game because I missed shit like the assassin ability. I chose Roche's path so I can do Iorveth's last, which I think I'll like more anyway. Just started chapter 2.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So I completely forgot to try Ultra settings during my first play through of the Witcher 2. Doing it now, goddamn this game is gorgeous. Cecond run gonna be with iorveth. I saved it for last because I heard it was the better route. I wish the 3rd game wasn't so far away because I'm gonna be done with this soon

Glad I saw this, I've downloaded this game a few times and never actually started playing since I was addicted as fuck to WoW. Now that i'm finally getting caught up on all the good single player games I missed I need to install this game again and finally play through it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Those pics look awesome. Finally finished Witcher 2 playing both paths. I see what all the hype was about. So much better than the first game lol. Can't wait for this one!!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

No Multiplayer
    Last month, word from CD Projekt Red was that the developer was considering adding a multiplayer component to its upcoming RPG, The Witcher 3. But today, Eurogamer has confirmed—after an earlier report in Forbes—that the game would only offer a single-player experience. Said Michal Platkow-Gilewski, CDPR’s head of marketing:

There’s no place for multiplayer in so strongly a story-driven game as The Witcher 3. We want to focus on the single-player experience, delivering more than 100 hours of truly immersive gameplay.
    The Forbes article breaks down the “100 hours” figure: apparently 50 hours of the game will be made up of the main story, while another 50 hours are comprised of side missions and exploration.

So even though the developer had been toying with the idea earlier, it’s not surprising that Witcher 3 will be multiplayer-free. It’s the kind of game that is tailor made for one and only player.
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...for-witcher-3/
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-the-witcher-3
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...game-industry/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is on the cover of the July issue of Edge Magazine, and one lucky NeoGAF user has given the Internet a summary of what the Witcher 3 feature contains.

According to the poster, the game will not contain a tutorial, as the developer have opted instead to introduce game and battle mechanics gradually. Geralt can now dodge which is closer to the “pirouettes” he pulls off in the books. He can also jump this time out.

He can also change his stance when it battle or when he is prepping for battle, such as when surrounded by monsters. Geralt will also make use of something called Witcher Sense – which the reader described as being similar to Batman’s detective mode.

This will allow Geralt to see weak spots on monsters – such as the Fiend shown in the magazine. He can also use this sense to outside of battles to re-create event when he needs to track a murderer for instance.

Players can also choose whether to spare to execute bandits, but whatever choice is made, they can still be looted, and there are no “fetch quests” this time out.

Like previously stated before, the magazine also mentions that choice and consequence will impact the entire game world, and the main story will run somewhere around the 50 hours mark. It will be another 50 hours long when you do all the other quests.

The team is also targeting 30fps on consoles.

According to the GAF poster, Edge was shown a demo of the game running in DX9, but the screenshots posted in the magazine came from the DX11 tech demo.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/08/the-...issue-of-edge/
    http://www.thewitcher.com/community/entry/355
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577061

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag