+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/11/th...february-2015/

The Witcher 3 delayed to February 2015

Poland-based developer CD Projekt Red announced that the release of its multiplatform action-RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been delayed to next year as the studio focuses on testing and polish.

"We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned," the team explains. "Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015."

The full text of CD Projekt Red's announcement is available after the break below.

Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGS and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that's most important. We've created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game's final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We're sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.

Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game's success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.

The Board of CD PROJEKT S.A.

About CD Projekt RED

CD Projekt RED is a development studio established in 2002 and based in Warsaw and Cracow, Poland. Creators of The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Both RPGs were praised by critics and fans, gathering over 200 awards and selling over 6 million copies to date. Originally a PC developer, CD Projekt RED has also released The Witcher on Mac and The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360, PC and Mac. The studio is now working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, a fantasy RPG with a character-driven, non-linear story set in a vast, open world. The game will be released in 2014 on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Playstation®4 and PC. The developer is also working on Cyberpunk 2077 in collaboration with Mike Pondsmith, the original designer of the pen-and-paper Cyberpunk® futuristic RPG system in which the upcoming game is set. CD Projekt RED's mission is to take the passion they have for games and harness it to make the best RPGs in the world. Along with GOG.COM, the Internet's leading destination for the best DRM-Free games in history on PC and Mac, CD Projekt RED is part of the Warsaw Stock Exchange listed (ISIN: PLOPTTC00011) CD Projekt Group.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rather they delay it than release it when it's not ready.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I'll bet a lot of money they're being held back by the console ports.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Boooourns

Hopefully Dragon Age doesn't get delayed so my Q3 RPG fix gets covered.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I'd rather wait a few months and get a more solid game.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah I'd rather wait a few months and get a more solid game.
    I've always felt this way. I'd rather them fix the game before it's done rather than frantically try to patch it after it comes out.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Rather they delay it than release it when it's not ready.
    Tired of hearing this shit.

Rather them not even give an estimate until the game is being printed for release.

Dragon Age is definitely going to get delayed.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think you're missing the point of an "estimate."

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I have a feeling most of CD Projekt Red's audience would be ok with a decision like that.

Additionally, I bought Witcher 1/2 on Steam for like $6, so this'll give me more time to play them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gives me more time to finish Witcher 2. I got to the beginning of chapter 3 and just kinda lost interest. Wondering if I should replay or pick it back up and try remember what the hell was going on.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Gives me more time to finish Witcher 2. I got to the beginning of chapter 3 and just kinda lost interest. Wondering if I should replay or pick it back up and try remember what the hell was going on.
    Finish it and then replay using the other path for chapter 2. Its a whole different game for a full chapter.

since it's a last game in the series and they promising 100 hours of gameplay I don't mind waiting

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I can trust CDProjekt with a delay like this. They provide quality, giving them more time to make it better will only be a good thing in the end.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah unfortunately last time I thought that it was Lords of Shadow 2. :/

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Gives me more time towards my new build I want by the time it releases. Did anybody ever play the original Witcher 2 that came out before all the patches? Man.. it was fucking ruthless.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

combat rebalance and difficulty readjustment patches make it even more so

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

link removed

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/m...e/witcher1.jpg
    Content leaks ahead of official announcement tonight.

The Witcher 3's pre-order content appears to have leaked online ahead of its official announcement this evening.

The back page of today's issue of MCV lists the content (pictured above), which includes a selection of stickers, game map, official soundtrack, a Witcher Universe Compendium and a game manual.

A Collector's Edition, presumably with its own range of content, will also be revealed during CD Projekt Red's press conference.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

+ Reply to Thread