FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The Witcher 3 - May 19th, 2015 | Complete Edition - August 30, 2016

Officially announced. FUCK. YES.

Witcher 2 was easily in my top 5 of all time rpgs. Been waiting for a sequel for it since it ended.

http://kotaku.com/5981680/the-witche...twork-revealed

Discuss.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Beat me to it

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

^

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone else here who owns Witcher 1 & 2 and regretfully still has them on their backlog? Only 8 hours into the first game before other games distracted me.
    Spoiler: show
    At least my procrastinating means I get to enjoy the more fleshed out Enhanced Edition version of Witcher 2 when I get to it.

Can't wait for the screenshots to come out given how good #2 looked.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

fuck yes

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Witcher 2 was superb. Looking forward to 3.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

My GPU is already crying

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I knew I kept that 1.2gb save folder for a reason! Ones of my favs from this gen, right along side the Souls series.

Witcher 2 really dint get the credit it deserved nor did the company for doing such awesome job supporting it

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I played the game on the wrong platform(xbox) two that is, so I still havent finished it as it blows ass on the 360.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

It's going to be an open world, 20% bigger than Skyrim.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Anyone else here who owns Witcher 1 & 2 and regretfully still has them on their backlog? Only 8 hours into the first game before other games distracted me.
    Me. I have the enhanced version of both on steam, but I only got into Witcher 1 a few hours before getting sidetracked. The gameplay controls felt a bit weird compared to something like Dragon Age origins. But I gotta get back into these sometime soon D:

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    It's going to be an open world, 20% bigger than Skyrim.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...CoffeeSpit.gif

My dream just came true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Me. I have the enhanced version of both on steam, but I only got into Witcher 1 a few hours before getting sidetracked. The gameplay controls felt a bit weird compared to something like Dragon Age origins. But I gotta get back into these sometime soon D:
    1 is worth finishing for the story alone, but I'm sure anyone can readily admit that the combat in witcher 1 is terribad. Witcher 2 improves on it on every possible level.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I tried playing through the first game, someone tell me I'm wrong but I didn't really like the combat. Just felt awkward to me. I only played like two hours or so and have been meaning to give it another shot but I can't seem to make time for it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

combat is different in the 2nd one

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Clean version of the image in the op, 1,920px × 1,080px

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...5qijcinnk5.png

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...k-time-events/

'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' Includes Mounts, Sailing, And The Grisly Death Of Quick Time Events
    First off, this will be the final chapter in the story of Geralt of Rivia.

This Is The End, Beautiful Friend

Studio head Adam Badowski explains that CDP believes that they “should end the series on a high note. Technology has progressed to where we can finally tell the story the way we want, with the visuals we want, in the world we imagined. This will be the ultimate fantasy RPG experience, and while we’re hardly out of stories to tell, we believe it’s time for us to look to new worlds and new horizons to keep pushing the boundaries of what we can create.”

That’s a bit disappointing, but you have to admire a studio that knows when to call it quits on an IP and move on to “new worlds and new horizons.”

It’s too easy to languish in success until everything that made a franchise great has evaporated. I’m happy to see CDP try their hand at other IPs like Cyberpunk 2077 and, hopefully, something entirely new at some point.

If I Had A Pony, I’d Ride Him On My Boat

I speculated yesterday that we might see mounts at play in the new open-world Witcher game. Turns out, this is true. But not just horses—Geralt will be able to sail his way around the world also.

“Imagine playing a dark fantasy game with the same great nonlinear story as in the previous Witcher titles,” says Badowski, “but now told in a world you can explore freely with no artificial boundaries. The war-ravaged world is so huge that to reach further places you will need to ride a horse or sail a boat to get there.”

I am imagining this right now, actually, with the gentle, lilting voice of Lyle Lovett playing in the background. My mind’s eye is a frenzy of medieval warfare and soft Texas country music.

CD Projekt RED Learns From Their Mistakes

By that I mean, CDP actually listens to the major complaints fans have about their games and responds in kind. For instance, The Witcher 2 made use of these really annoying things known as QTEs, or Quick Time Events. Quick Time Events essentially rip away the regular mechanics of the game and replaces them with timed button pressing.

For instance, when you fight certain bosses in the game, or engage in boxing, suddenly you’re not fighting with the same basic mechanics you’ve learned, instead you’re watching as different buttons appear on the screen which you then must press just at the right time or fail at the QTE.

It’s one of those video game ideas that must have sounded neat ten or fifteen years ago that everybody hated but still kept appearing in game after game after game (I’m looking at you God of War.) Well, CDP is promising an overhauled combat system and no QTEs.

“Open world free-roaming exploration is an adventure in itself as the player will gallop through war-ravaged lands, sail misty waters and track down dangerous beasts for money,” write the developer. “An improved combat system will allow players to feel like a real monster-hunter, a witcher who uses his superior senses and fighting skills to survive in a dark fantasy world–while he embarks on a quest to save his loved ones. The new core mechanics of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt immerse the player in the experience completely, with no Quick Time Events, only intuitive RPG gameplay.”

And, to celebrate the announcement, CDP is slashing the cost of both the original Witcher and the sequel in half for the next 72 hours on Steam and GOG.com.

So here’s what we knew yesterday:

The Witcher 3 is called Wild Hunt, so we can expect to learn more about Geralt’s past.
    The game will be 30 times the size of The Witcher 2, with an open world larger than Skyrim.
    Built using REDengine 3, the game will almost certainly be “next-gen.”
    This also makes it possible to execute such an enormous world with no load screens, making it truly seamless.
    There might be mounts.
    Geralt has a wicked-smart looking beard.
    We can add to the list:
    There will be mounts.
    Also sailing!
    No Quick Time Events!
    This will be the last Witcher game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

CD Projekt RED has officially announced the title of their next upcoming game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Further, they've announced that this, the ultimate game in the series, will also be the final Witcher game from the studio. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt combines CD Projekt RED's trademark decision-based storytelling flair with a living open world larger than any other in modern RPG history.

"The captivating and nonlinear story of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt takes place in a rich, truly open world environment. A world which is thrilling to explore, full of daring adventures, momentous quests, memorable characters, and unique monsters. Players will freely travel through woods, lakes, mountains, cities, and villages. Each region is inhabited by distinct populations with their own customs, legends and problems. The world of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is 30 times bigger than The Witcher 2," said Adam Badowski, head of the studio.

"Imagine playing a dark fantasy game with the same great nonlinear story as in the previous Witcher titles, but now told in a world you can explore freely with no artificial boundaries. The war-ravaged world is so huge that to reach further places you will need to ride a horse or sail a boat to get there. A world where your choices have truly epic consequences. From the development side, this goal is extremely demanding. Our team had to make significant design changes and our tech had to be rebuilt. But we believe that this will lead to a completely new level of nonlinearity and a whole new, richer gaming experience. As a gamer, I would love to play this kind of RPG and I think this is what many players are waiting for. This is our dream come true at CD Projekt RED, and we hope it will be the same for you!" adds Badowski.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the final episode of the award-winning RPG series and the last part of the legend of Geralt of Rivia. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the most robust and breathtaking game ever created by CD Projekt RED. Open world free-roaming exploration is an adventure in itself as the player will gallop through war-ravaged lands, sail misty waters and track down dangerous beasts for money. An improved combat system will allow players to feel like a real monster-hunter, a witcher who uses his superior senses and fighting skills to survive in a dark fantasy world--while he embarks on a quest to save his loved ones. The new core mechanics of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt immerse the player in the experience completely, with no Quick Time Events, only intuitive RPG gameplay.

Badowski continued, "People may ask if this is really going to be the last Witcher game. Yes, it is. Why? Because we believe that we should end the series on a high note. Technology has progressed to where we can finally tell the story the way we want, with the visuals we want, in the world we imagined. This will be the ultimate fantasy RPG experience, and while we're hardly out of stories to tell, we believe it's time for us to look to new worlds and new horizons to keep pushing the boundaries of what we can create."

For all of those who have never experienced the adventures of Geralt before, this will be their last chance. The game will be accessible all players--those who are fans of the series and those who just love RPGs--thanks to availability on all major high-end platforms and an introduction designed to smoothly introduce all those who visit the world of the Witcher for the first time."

The game will be released in 2014 simultaneously on all high-end platforms. Making use of the same remarkable art direction from The Witcher 2 combined with the support of in-house technology--the recently-announced RPG-oriented REDengine 3--The Witcher 3 will take full advantage of the technical capabilities of modern hardware and will set a new standard for RPG visuals.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it looks absolutely gorgeous, even better than 2 and that's saying a lot.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls
    The game will be released in 2014 simultaneously on all high-end platforms.
    Hmmm. PC/Xbox 720 / PS4? Bringing Witcher to the PlayStation would be new, I do believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag