Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

This news really inspired me to finally properly playthough 1&2, gettings upgrades for 2 in the next fews days since atm its making my computer cry but goddamn it'll be so worth it :D

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Just finished switcher 2. Great game but too short!

really looking forward to the bigger game and open world

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just picked up witcher 2 on a whim and am hooked. I also quit playing 1 because of the combat system.... Due to liking 2 so much i just hunted down cliff notes for story of number 1. Anyone read the books? If so any good?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Only 2 of the books are available in English, translation of the 3rd one is due to be out sometime in May I think.

The books were good enough to warrant a video game series, comic books, a movie (awful), and TV Show (also awful) a tabletop roleplaying game, and a card game, which I think should speak well enough about them. The franchise is pretty big in Poland, which is where most of the aforementioned are pretty much exclusive to.

The books can help fill in alot of the blanks from the books. Also worth noting is that the opening movie in The Witcher is an exact scene from The Last Wish.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Anyone else here who owns Witcher 1 & 2 and regretfully still has them on their backlog? Only 8 hours into the first game before other games distracted me.
    Spoiler: show
    At least my procrastinating means I get to enjoy the more fleshed out Enhanced Edition version of Witcher 2 when I get to it.

Can't wait for the screenshots to come out given how good #2 looked.
    Both Witchers, Dark Souls, Dragon Age Origins, Borderlands 2, Darksiders 1+2 and plenty more. Hardly bought anything in the last Steam sale and I have barely scratched my backlog and been off work 2 months. Fuck.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://kotaku.com/5985866/the-witche...-out-this-year
    Open world role-playing game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is headed to the PS4, the game's developers revealed today. And boy do they seem excited!

"We were thrilled when asked, several months ago, to be one of the developers who were granted early access to the PlayStation 4," said Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED studio. "It was an exciting moment to be invited to be in the company of other legendary developers like Bethesda, EA, LucasArts, Ubisoft or Activision as one of the teams working on titles shipping early in the PlayStation 4's lifecycle."

"The new hardware gives us the opportunity to create something great," added Badowski. "We are able to work with the new console from its birth and this allows our in-house REDengine 3 to push the graphical limits of what the PlayStation hardware can display. The console is fresh and has some innovative solutions that we're looking forward to using in our game."

The Witcher 3 will be out sometime next year on "all high-end platforms available."

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

mang why couldnt it just be PC onry and come out a year earlier

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I want this shit today. Man just thinking about a new Witcher makes me want to go play through part two again.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    mang why couldnt it just be PC onry and come out a year earlier
    I'm really happy to see the developers getting some light but... I can't agree with this more. The pain of waiting for this AND Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be awful.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I somehow got about 20 hours into #1 despite the pretty terribad combat, something about it kept me going. Realized I started a game of #2 like 6 months ago but stopped immediately. Should probably try it again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt‘s main storyline is 50 hours long, according to new details surfaced at WorldofPlayers.de.

The game will have 36 final states of the world and three, one-hour long epilogues. Players will be able to import their saves from the previous game, if applicable, and while it affect the game’s backstory, it will affect characters.

Geralt will be more agile in The Witcher 3, now with the ability to jump and climb what and where he pleases. When hunting wild animals, Geralt can take their furs and claws. If confronted by a wild horse, Geralt can tame it with an Axii. He can also opt to buy one.

Players should be more careful when stealing from denizens. People can now signal guards if they notice Geralt stealing their belongings.

Quick-time events have been nixed from combat. But there is a new mechanic similar to the VATS system from Fallout 3. Players can target specific body parts of monsters in slow-motion.

Other new details include:
    • The max level is 60.
    • PC and console versions have different user interfaces.
    • You can gain experience points by completing quests. Hunting will only provide money and crafting materials.
    • Two new mini-games: Axe Trowing and Card Games.
    • The economy depends on the area. In some places, you can buy something for lesser price or sell it for higher.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/02/the-witch...-50-hours-long
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...%C3%9Cbersicht

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

50 hours? Jesus christ

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So I really want to get into this series, but the first games gameplay is really turning me off. I tried it again after many months and its still just as bad as I remember it being. Will I be missing too much if I just skip it? Is it possible to do a quick speedrun of it to just get through the story?

Sadly, looking at howlongtobeat.com it seems the first one is longer than the second by a wide margin

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    So I really want to get into this series, but the first games gameplay is really turning me off. I tried it again after many months and its still just as bad as I remember it being. Will I be missing too much if I just skip it? Is it possible to do a quick speedrun of it to just get through the story?

Sadly, looking at howlongtobeat.com it seems the first one is longer than the second by a wide margin
    The Witcher 1 is awesome. And if you do all the sidequests the first one is longer.

The Witcher 2 however blows 1 out of the water in every aspect, and is probably the best looking game of the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post

I hated the first one too because of the reasons you mentioned. I'd just wiki the story and go on to the second one as it's awesome.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I hated the first one too because of the reasons you mentioned. I'd just wiki the story and go on to the second one as it's awesome.
    I'd make the same recommendation.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If you are going to play Witcher 1 you have to play with FCR imo. http://ifrit.pl/projects/full-combat-rebalance

Combat becomes unforgiving and you have to approach every fight strategically or die. FCR makes you use oils, stones, positioning, and timing unlike the original combat system.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

>PC and console versions have different user interfaces.

Yes. Yes a million times.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    The Witcher 2 however blows 1 out of the water in every aspect, and is probably the best looking game of the decade.
    I built myself a new desktop over the last weekend, and first thing I did once it was up and running was install and finally get to play Witcher 2 at max settings (+Sweetfx enhancements). Drooling and lack of sleep was definitely involved

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Holy fuck nuts....this is going to be epic, my only gripe that i can think of with 2 is having to meditate to use potions also kinda wish they kept the stances in but heyho its good enough without em :D

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag