Closed Thread
Page 5 of 236 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    O.o Really?

My new ps1 games were always a static price of $40 and PS2 were always $50, just like PS3 ones are always $60.

Although admittedly I didn't have a ps1 for few years after launch.
    I don't have a problem with paying $60 for a game, but maybe its because I'm old. I remember paying $70+ for SNES games at Babbages, think NES were around $50.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You were easily impressed back then. And developers and publishers tried a lot harder to innovate.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

as much as i may miss the old days, that's a load of nonsense. then as now, the majority of games were mediocre ripoffs of the handful of good-to-great releases.

and yes, games are most definitely cheaper nowadays (in real terms, and compared to a lot of SNES/N64 stuff, even in nominal as well). i definitely remember NES stuff going for $50 new, and I vividly recall having to pay cash on top of using a $75 gift certificate to software etc. when i bought Earthbound.

I remember Street Fighter II for the SNES cost like $100 lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

oh yeah, i completely forgot about that! my brother and i saved up our allowances for probably the entire summer to get it, haha. pretty sure we paid something like $90 at toys r us, and then of course CE came out pretty shortly after that.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I definitely remember Earthbound being expensive as shit, what with including the strategy guide and those awesome scratch and sniff cards.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i'm still kicking myself for losing track of that game and all of the stuff that came with it. especially since i saw the bare cart going for $175 at a local shop, and it actually sold.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    yeah, and then if you want to lend a game to your friend after you've finished it, they have to pay $10 for the privilege. absolutely ridiculous. of course, the same is (somewhat) true of existing games with online passes, which is one category of games i already refuse to buy. if they implement a global system like that, i'll probably just skip the next gen systems.

there's absolutely no reason why publishers should get a cut on resales. do car manufacturers get a cut on used private sales? do publishers get a cut when you lend a book to a friend or sell it? obviously, the answer is no. why on earth should videogames be any different?
    ^
    There are games out there that I dont get on release, because A) I got somethign else allready (no time to play) B) doesnt apeal to me at that moment C) just want to play it once. Those are the games I either borrow of friends or buy used. I really dont see why people should be forced to something they dont want. Microsoft is just hurting thesmelfs.

What happens when you want to sell your console with all the games you have to make new space. Obviously you gonna delete your account on it, but then the games become all worthless. I sell consoles with all the games I have on them to make space for new stuff I want. Shits retarded seriously.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Yeah I never bitch about the price of games these days. Because one of the most vivid memories from my childhood was being so excited that Star Fox was on sale for $70. Add in the difference in hourly wage from then and now and that is a HUGE different in price.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Except, you know, those games were generally worth that kind of money. There are very very few games nowadays that I'd pay $60 for.

Super Metroid? Fuck yeah I'd pay $70 for. Halo Gears of Duty Space Madden May Cry 15? Not so much. I think the only console game I've played in the past 3 years that I would have gladly paid full price for was Dark Souls, I've gotten hundreds of hours out of that game.

EDIT: Also not to mention with DLC you're paying on average $70-$80 on a game if you buy it new and want to actually play everything the game has to offer.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well the key thing to remember about SNES and 64 carts the reason that you paid more was cost of materials.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    May Cry
    Are you suggesting that the DMC series is a dudebro game series? Why lump it in with the rest of that garbage? All of my fanboy rage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Are you suggesting that the DMC series is a dudebro game series? Why lump it in with the rest of that garbage? All of my fanboy rage.
    You might rage about it, but the crossover between fanboys and dudebros for that game is huge.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Fuck you!!!

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Despite the obvious reasons why, I've never found that series to fall under the dudebro category. More then anything I'd say the difficulty level on those games (DMC notwithstanding) is a turn off to alot of people.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Nah, just the latest one. Having watched somebody play the first 20 minutes of that game I was just left feeling like "Who the fuck is this catering to?", cause it's certainly not to the original fans of the series.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Hopefully they'll announce their Vita price drop on the 20th as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Hopefully they'll announce their Vita price drop on the 20th as well.
    I'd rather they announce more good games lol, but price cut is nice too.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh btw, you guys need to check out the neogaf thread on the PS meeting.
    Tons of amazing gifs and shops such as this one.

http://i.minus.com/ibhU0aUhZy3yH0.gif

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Holy shit, that is amazing.