Closed Thread
Page 1 of 236 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Playstation 4 Talkback: Dollar Menu - Sep 15 $299 | Double-Double - Nov 10 $399

February 20th.

What?

[removed]

Playstation Meeting 2011: Vita Announcement
    Playstation Meeting 2005: PS3 Launch Announcement.

There hasn't been one where they haven't announced a new platform. Gird thy loins, this hype train's taking you on a ride for the next two weeks.

https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/

The event will be livestreamed.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

MY BODY IS READY!!!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They need to rebound quick after the Vita's tumble and being called "trash" now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ged Talbot, who was the lead designer on Blur and Project Gotham Racing, and a few other former Bizarre and Studio Liverpool developers are now at Evolution Studios developing a new racer for PlayStation 4, according to a STFUandPlay source (also backed by Polygon’s Author Gies).

The new racer is said to play in a manner similar to Project Gotham Racing. The team wanted to label it a Gran Turismo title, according to the site, but Sony Japan didn’t approve. Even without the Gran Turismo name, however, the studio are supposedly referring to the game internally as Europe’s biggest racer in the past decade.

First details on the new racer are said to be lined up for Sony’s PlayStation 4 reveal press conference in New York City on February 20. Guerrilla Games’ new project is said to be there, as well.

Meanwhile, at Microsoft, former Bizarre and Criterion developers at Lucid Games are apparently developing a new Project Gotham Racing game for the next-generation Xbox.

Both games are reportedly being targeted for each system’s release day.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/02/rumor-fir...ext-gen-racers
    http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/con...d#.URGlOqX7K6V
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511850#15

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I still don't get why they said "We will let Microsoft make the first move" and then a week later start promoting this. I can understand things/ideas/statements changing because of investors, ect... but a week later? really?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hope they have some good exclusives. Most people I know are going with the next gen Xbox, but if this has the better launch titles it's going to be the winner for me. Would really like to see some new IPs or a LittleBigPlanet 3.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Needs more RPGs bad. I'm tired of this generation's obsession with FPS games.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Looking forward to this. If possible planning on getting all 3 consoles.

Also, not sure who in their right mind would call the vita itself "trash." The software lineup for it is very lacking but its a pretty sweet little machine.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Hope they have some good exclusives. Most people I know are going with the next gen Xbox, but if this has the better launch titles it's going to be the winner for me. Would really like to see some new IPs or a LittleBigPlanet 3.
    rumor has resurfaced that 720 is going to require an internet connection and block used games. if that's the case I know I'm switching back to playstation, even though I prefer the xbox controller.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

The 'concept' in this is badass.

http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles...e-february.htm

Also, I'm confused as to why they'd announce before E3 (where I think MSFT is set to announce their new console??). It seems like they'd want to save their console announcement for E3 to have something huge to talk about against the new Xbox. I guess we'll see.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

console/tech demos before conference. Showcase of real games and such at conference.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    rumor has resurfaced that 720 is going to require an internet connection and block used games. if that's the case I know I'm switching back to playstation, even though I prefer the xbox controller.
    they will never block used games, its a certain death to the console. online passes become more normal is certainly possible. but every analyst will tell you they wont block used.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

See, I had heard the PS4 was doing that. I seriously doubt either will go down that road, but I agree with your sentiment; the ethics of it alone would make me avoid that system. I'm a PS controller guy myself which is why I've always gravitated toward Sony consoles, but MS has the upper hand when it comes to online and party chat is such a great feature that I end up buying all my multiplayer games on the 360. I hope the PS4 can turn that around since I feel like I get more for my money out of PS+ than I do out of Xbox Live. If MS could deliver ala carte style cable programming through XBL though with all the rights they got last year, hnnnnnng day one purchase.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

pretty sure the PS4 will be blocking used games also. Dunno if it will require an internet connection 100% of the time.. which is kinda stupid for a home console

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

^ exactly that.

the rumors have popped up on both, but in the end it is suicide to whichever company does it. and i'm not going to search for it as i can't remember which analyst it was(probably pachter) but it'd actually lead to more expensive games, as people would be spending less money on games since they cant get anything back for their old ones.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've been a sony boy from day 1, but even I would be pushed away if they did anything like blocking used games or 100% internet connection.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I could see the used game block being an option open to publishers. You can bet your sweet ass if this is an option EA will be all over that shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I never buy used games, but used games are such a rip off to begin w/. You buy a game for 60$, get maybe 30$ back if your lucky... they resell it for 55$. its such a terrible deal for ppl buying used games and only makes gamestop richer. Regardless, if both systems do it then its suicide to no company

Spoiler: show
    unless that means you will be WiiU only

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Implying no one else sells used games. Ive found many reasonably priced used games on amazon in the past.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Why can PC get away with no used games? Probably a retarded question but if someone could explain.

If consoles went the way of PC games wouldn't it just lead to more online sales for new games?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 236 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast