+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I think...I inadvertently finished my Andromeda team. While trying to roll for Leilan, Ares, and Chiyome, I got Hatsume and Famiel. So now I've got Andromeda/Reine/Famiel/Ruka/Hatsume.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

gave REM one last shot this round and got Cao Cao! super-happy because I had three chibi caos but no real ones, and my main team is attacker-type. he is going to come in very, very handy.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

welp you guys were right about Tamadras. not that I doubted you, but I finally emptied out my inbox and I still need more. so many more!

I'm working on my attacker-type team. I decided I needed to focus on one team for a while and build them up as best I can, then use that team to progress further. so right now I'm looking at:

Armored Blue Flame Knight, Nim
    Conquering Martial Deity, Cao Cao (who is getting an uevo soon, yay)

out of sheer laziness I usually leave Nim in the leader spot. she's safer, but Cao Cao puts up slightly more impressive numbers.
    then the remaining three subs:

Pure Water Sorcerer, Sharon
    moral commanding deity, liu bei (chibi)
    Mid Water Ninja

I don't know why Sharon doesn't get more love. She's not amazing but she does one job and she does it extremely well for the cost. decent awakenings, too. obviously Mid Water Ninja has to go... options are: chibi cao cao (could evo him fairly easily), Four Leaf Clover Princess Thumbelina, or Cerberus, the Guardian of Hell.

on a totally unrelated note, I'm getting some good green monsters lately... after I get bored with this team, I might boost up Parvati. she's so adorable and seems easy to build around, plus I've never tried a mono-color team.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Sharon isn't very good because blue attackers are almost non-existent. She can go on blue healer teams, but those are extremely REM-heavy. Her active divides your board, so moves after that become pretty difficult.

Type teams tend to be difficult to build around for new players, because you need to match on both colors and type to maximize efficiency. I suspect you'll hit a wall with that team around Ocean of Heaven in the normal dungeons. Just be prepared to swap over to the devil team when the time comes.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

FF Collab announced in JP for the 27th. Probably not coming to NA any time soon. Blargh.

Mono-teams can be really fun to use. Just need orb changers to make them work for the most part.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    welp you guys were right about Tamadras. not that I doubted you, but I finally emptied out my inbox and I still need more. so many more!

I'm working on my attacker-type team. I decided I needed to focus on one team for a while and build them up as best I can, then use that team to progress further. so right now I'm looking at:

Armored Blue Flame Knight, Nim
    Conquering Martial Deity, Cao Cao (who is getting an uevo soon, yay)

out of sheer laziness I usually leave Nim in the leader spot. she's safer, but Cao Cao puts up slightly more impressive numbers.
    then the remaining three subs:

Pure Water Sorcerer, Sharon
    moral commanding deity, liu bei (chibi)
    Mid Water Ninja

I don't know why Sharon doesn't get more love. She's not amazing but she does one job and she does it extremely well for the cost. decent awakenings, too. obviously Mid Water Ninja has to go... options are: chibi cao cao (could evo him fairly easily), Four Leaf Clover Princess Thumbelina, or Cerberus, the Guardian of Hell.

on a totally unrelated note, I'm getting some good green monsters lately... after I get bored with this team, I might boost up Parvati. she's so adorable and seems easy to build around, plus I've never tried a mono-color team.
    Get a rowdy red samurai goblin and max skill it. It's stats aren't that bad and the 5 turn orb change is super clutch. I would make 3 of them and fuse to of them into 1 so you don't need to use tamadras on it. Then just feed the reg samurai goblins to max skill it.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Sharon isn't very good because blue attackers are almost non-existent. She can go on blue healer teams, but those are extremely REM-heavy. Her active divides your board, so moves after that become pretty difficult.

Type teams tend to be difficult to build around for new players, because you need to match on both colors and type to maximize efficiency. I suspect you'll hit a wall with that team around Ocean of Heaven in the normal dungeons. Just be prepared to swap over to the devil team when the time comes.
    yeah I don't expect them to last forever. I just need to dig in and seriously grind a mid-level team that can get me a lot further, and I've been blessed with so many attacker-types (and many of them good, not just fodder) so it kinda works out. I keep half-assing it with cool team builds full of monsters that aren't awakened/evo'd/leveled up and they only work for so long. awakenings and max levels can make a huge amount of difference on how far a team goes, I'm learning. and evos are necessary for awakenings as well as better stats. it's a lot of work but worth it in the end.

basically this team should carry me until I'm ready to build the Ronia team. it's a good mid-level team - cheap enough to be runnable, strong enough to be worth running. it has its flaws - and that's where I'll hit a wall - but it's decent.

Ronia's just... yeah. I have 79 cost. Ronia would eat 50 of that. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Get a rowdy red samurai goblin and max skill it. It's stats aren't that bad and the 5 turn orb change is super clutch. I would make 3 of them and fuse to of them into 1 so you don't need to use tamadras on it. Then just feed the reg samurai goblins to max skill it.
    thanks for the tip, I will do that. I do have three chibi caos and the regular cao... hmm, maybe there's a team there. in any case, I didn't know you could awaken via same-monster fusion - cool!

unexpected synergy moment: sharon makes water, thumbelina converts water to hearts, cao cao converts hearts to fire. I discovered that on the boss of Castle of Satan in the Abyss. nice way to finish the level.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cao cao converts water to fire, not hearts.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

errr wait. how did I mess that up...

huh. I think I converted fire to hearts (thumbelina), then hearts to water (rei), then water to fire... which means I converted fire to fire??

nevermind, I'm stupid.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Sounds like it...but hey, you delayed the enemy one turn!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, go grab a rowdy red samurai and replace thumbelina with it. Cao cao/cao cao/cao cao/samurai/samurai could be a pretty good starting point.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You'd need to manage your orbs really well and not take hits with that team, because you basically have no RCV, even if you pair with an RCV multiplier.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    You'd need to manage your orbs really well and not take hits with that team, because you basically have no RCV, even if you pair with an RCV multiplier.
    correct. this team does really well when I can match like crazy and with good skyfall luck. which is fairly often, really. it can heal better than you'd think, but it certainly can't trade hits in stronger dungeons - there is a limit, and past that limit it becomes "kill before you get killed."

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Sounds like it...but hey, you delayed the enemy one turn!

lol yes. I love that about him actually; he'd be just fine without the one-turn delay, but it adds to his utility. can't wait for his uevo. liu bei got 3x two prongs so... here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Yeah, go grab a rowdy red samurai and replace thumbelina with it. Cao cao/cao cao/cao cao/samurai/samurai could be a pretty good starting point.
    and I do have that many cao caos actually! PAD R3k event. although Nim deserves a spot in there somewhere too.

but I do love Thumbelina so and Sharon. I'll be honest, my fondness for certain monsters is causing me to suck at this game. why do you think I have all five evo'd carbuncles? heh.

I'll try out the goblin team though, when I get tired of these guys. I'm curious as to how a mono-color team plays. it sounds very effective?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh you have a nim, then I'd prolly replace a cao cao with a nim for the rcv and better stats. Or a goblin, I didn't realize the goblin also had garbage rcv, eesh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    lol yes. I love that about him actually; he'd be just fine without the one-turn delay, but it adds to his utility. can't wait for his uevo. liu bei got 3x two prongs so... here's hoping.
    The Cao Cao UVOs have already been released. They follow the R3K pattern of easy UVO = better leader, RGB Dragon Fruit UVO = better sub

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=293

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

excellent, thanks. I had heard that but wasn't able to find the specific info. nice!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

so... question:

now that I've ranked up enough I'm starting to see descends. obviously not going to even think about tackling them yet, but how will I know when I'm ready? that's a lot of stamina to blow on a "let's see if this works" kinda thing.

on another note: I don't know if you guys need jewels but I haven't even SEEN them yet - so Gift From The Holy Beasts on 5/1 - 5/3 is nice for those of you who can handle it. I don't think I can... sadly.

also, free Tamadra tomorrow - don't miss it!

that's about all I see of interest for this next event. well besides the daily magic stones but that's a given. YMMV if you're further along than me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The gift from the beasts thing isn't too bad. Might be a little too difficult for you this time around though. As for descends, your best bet is to look them up and see what the mobs do. For starting you, the first few descends you will be doing will be The Goddess descended, takeminikata descended and athena descended. Takeminikate is just kinda easy cause you combo hard and everything dies pretty easily. I would no stone on take, since nothing good drops there anyways. Goddess descended is where you will put your team to the test. Athena will b your first real descend. The probably hera is -> hera ur -> satan descended. By then you should have a pretty solid grasp on your capabilities.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

awesome, thanks. I'll look those guys up on padx

I really am liking my new Verdandi team, I just wish I could finish it. I was finally able to get a Red Tri-fruit to drop to UEVO my Liu Bei, unfortunately I am still 5 Tamadra from being able to fully awaken it. Then I can't even get a normal Dragon Fruit to drop to evolve GZL, plus another 5 tamadra for him.

Current Verdandi team: Verdandi, Verdandi, Liu Bei, Sasuke, 5* ADK (filler since it has 2 awakenings)