• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

NFL Offseason is more exciting than the world series.

lol@patriots, just fucking lol.

JULIAN EDELMAN TO THE RESCUE.

Banned.

BG Level

No lolroy, just no.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Ravens gunning hard for Dumervil. I like it.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    No lolroy, just no.
    Baseball is stupid boring. I'd rather watch pretty much anything. Soccer dives are more exciting than the world series. If you think baseball is exciting you're an old ass faggot.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If he fired his agent, he's probably coming back to Denver. He's pushing the NFLPA to push for his verbal agreement to get honored; Denver's willing to pay him (and able to pay him) more than anyone else on the board. He wants to stay in Denver; Denver really wants to keep him. If he goes anywhere else, the only place I could picture is New England. Why go to a gutted Ravens team, when he can be with an actual contender?

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    If he fired his agent, he's probably coming back to Denver. He's pushing the NFLPA to push for his verbal agreement to get honored; Denver's willing to pay him (and able to pay him) more than anyone else on the board. He wants to stay in Denver; Denver really wants to keep him. If he goes anywhere else, the only place I could picture is New England. Why go to a gutted Ravens team, when he can be with an actual contender?
    1. He has reportedly expressed interest in Miami and will be hiring a new agent immediately. I'd fire that agent regardless of hwere I wanted to be.

2. If executives retroactively honor that agreement, then sure - it might happen, but I don't know. There's a lot of detail missing surrounding the whole situation, so it would depend on a number of factors.

3. If you don't think the Ravens are "contenders" in the same way New England or Denver is, you don't understand Ozzie Newsome. Only person the team will miss is Boldin, and he's replaceable.

But anyway, you're saying pretty much the same thing every Broncos fan has been saying; we'll just have to see. From an outside perspective? I'm not convinced he does want to play in Denver. He was clearly pretty put off by the offer, given how long it took him to come to an agreement with it. Now that he's actually on the market and has multiple teams trying to talk to him, I would really be surprised if he didn't hear what other teams had to say.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    1. He has reportedly expressed interest in Miami and will be hiring a new agent immediately. I'd fire that agent regardless of hwere I wanted to be.

2. If executives retroactively honor that agreement, then sure - it might happen, but I don't know. There's a lot of detail missing surrounding the whole situation, so it would depend on a number of factors.

3. If you don't think the Ravens are "contenders" in the same way New England or Denver is, you don't understand Ozzie Newsome. Only person the team will miss is Boldin, and he's replaceable.

But anyway, you're saying pretty much the same thing every Broncos fan has been saying; we'll just have to see. From an outside perspective? I'm not convinced he does want to play in Denver. He was clearly pretty put off by the offer, given how long it took him to come to an agreement with it. Now that he's actually on the market and has multiple teams trying to talk to him, I would really be surprised if he didn't hear what other teams had to say.
    He was given a week by Denver to feel for other offers. The sticking point was, supposedly, a change from before 11:00 am of 3.5M guaranteed, period, to 3.5M guaranteed next year if he's injured. By Dumervil's account and by Denver's account, that was to him by 11:00; his agent is the only one who's said otherwise. Dumervil got his signed copy to his agent by 1:45; the agent didn't forward it on until 2:06. This was an agent being smacktarded, trying to push too hard for things that weren't going to happen, and screwing his client in the process. There's a reason he doesn't have any B list, let alone A list, clients.

I know Ozzie's reputation, and respect him as one of the best in the game. The Ravens might be contenders again in 2-3 years, but you lost way too many pieces to say that Boldin's departure is the only one you'll miss. You aren't contenders this year, and let's face it: if you aren't a contender this year, people don't consider you one. Seriously, though: the Ravens got gutted, and what I trust Ozzie to do is realize that trying to keep those guys would cripple the Ravens for 6 years and not give them the freedom to act to adjust. He plans for the future extremely well, and I honestly think he realized that this year is a rebuild year, work through the draft as much as possible, and be contenders again in a year or two.

But most importantly, "If the Broncos attempt to re-sign Dumervil, it won't be for the $8 million per year he agreed to prior to his release. Dumervil isn't about to command that kind of cash on the open market, but it's no shock to see suitors beginning to hover" this seems to be the general consensus. Denver can still give him close to that 7M this year, and close to 8M next year and not care about the cap hit. Baltimore might be able to, but it would hurt them a lot more. New England would have to cut people. The Dolphins might very well offer him more, because they've been overpaying for everyone, but something tells me that interest is more a matter of negotiating power with Denver; he does like Miami as a city, though, and that might play in, too (he was there at a Kinko's doing the contract faxing... /sigh).

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Your opinion on the Ravens is obviously a popular one and I won't spend time other than this post contending it, but there's a reason most Ravens fans aren't worried. If you didn't watch the team for the entire season and relied on sports media, then you would definitely think that losses like Kruger and Ellerbe hurt. But they really don't.

Lost:
    Ray Lewis (old liability) - replacement needed
    Paul Kruger (one hit wonder) - replacement: Courtney Upshaw, who already won the start over Kruger
    Dannell Ellerbe (back-up who did well) - same position as Ray Lewis; need to address ILB - I did not like Ellerbe as a long term answer, however
    Matt Birk (old liabilitty) - replacement: Gino Gradkowski, ready to play
    Anquan Boldin - discussed, replacement needed
    Bernard Pollard (liability in coerage) - replacement somewhat needed, but Ihedigbo and/or Omar Brown look okay. maybe draft
    Cary Willaims (terribad) - replacement: Jimmy Smith, Corey Graham, or Chykie Brown - they'll fight for it, I guess. probably Jimmy.
    Bobbie Williams - barely played, not good, not needed

So the BIG holes are ILB and WR2. There are a number of people to look at in FA, but frankly, I imagine they go for the ILB in the draft, which is very deep at this position. Additionally, safety in general is a question mark - I also anticipate the draft to fill this hole, with a strong potential for the Ravens to gun for Eric Reid.

Then there's WR2 - I don't know what the plan is here, that's why I said Boldin will be missed the most. Brandon Lloyd could kind of maybe be something good? But I'm not a big fan. There are a few guys I have my eye on in the draft, but none of them are sure things. I will admit I don't think anyone in our backup or practice squad is ready to step up for this position. LaQuan Williams is my favorite, but he would have to make substantial improvements to really fill that role.

Finally, LT. I think they address this in free agency, but if not, there's the chance of re-signing McKinnie (meh, if he can play like he did in the playoffs then great but it's doubtful). Otherwise, to the draft it is.

They gutted a defense that performed worst in th efrnachise's entire history. I have 0 problem with that. If you don't think the Ravens are contenders with Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Joe Flacco, Dennis Pitta, Suggs, Ngata, Webb, Jacoby Jones, and the rest, then so be it. Will let the team speak for itself.

The Ravens lose players a lot and quickly replace them. They may be down this year, but it won't be for long.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Maroo+Xajii's posts:

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    Your opinion on the Ravens is obviously a popular one and I won't spend time other than this post contending it, but there's a reason most Ravens fans aren't worried. If you didn't watch the team for the entire season and relied on sports media, then you would definitely think that losses like Kruger and Ellerbe hurt. But they really don't.

Lost:
    Ray Lewis (old liability) - replacement needed
    Paul Kruger (one hit wonder) - replacement: Courtney Upshaw, who already won the start over Kruger
    Dannell Ellerbe (back-up who did well) - same position as Ray Lewis; need to address ILB - I did not like Ellerbe as a long term answer, however
    Matt Birk (old liabilitty) - replacement: Gino Gradkowski, ready to play
    Anquan Boldin - discussed, replacement needed
    Bernard Pollard (liability in coerage) - replacement somewhat needed, but Ihedigbo and/or Omar Brown look okay. maybe draft
    Cary Willaims (terribad) - replacement: Jimmy Smith, Corey Graham, or Chykie Brown - they'll fight for it, I guess. probably Jimmy.
    Bobbie Williams - barely played, not good, not needed

So the BIG holes are ILB and WR2. There are a number of people to look at in FA, but frankly, I imagine they go for the ILB in the draft, which is very deep at this position. Additionally, safety in general is a question mark - I also anticipate the draft to fill this hole, with a strong potential for the Ravens to gun for Eric Reid.

Then there's WR2 - I don't know what the plan is here, that's why I said Boldin will be missed the most. Brandon Lloyd could kind of maybe be something good? But I'm not a big fan. There are a few guys I have my eye on in the draft, but none of them are sure things. I will admit I don't think anyone in our backup or practice squad is ready to step up for this position. LaQuan Williams is my favorite, but he would have to make substantial improvements to really fill that role.

Finally, LT. I think they address this in free agency, but if not, there's the chance of re-signing McKinnie (meh, if he can play like he did in the playoffs then great but it's doubtful). Otherwise, to the draft it is.

They gutted a defense that performed worst in th efrnachise's entire history. I have 0 problem with that. If you don't think the Ravens are contenders with Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Joe Flacco, Dennis Pitta, Suggs, Ngata, Webb, Jacoby Jones, and the rest, then so be it. Will let the team speak for itself.
    you're gonna miss pollard a lot more than you think next time you see the pats.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I'm gonna have to agree with Xajii. It's fine if you don't think the Ravens are contenders next year, but it shouldn't be because of who they lost to FA or retirement.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I'm gonna have to agree with Xajii. It's fine if you don't think the Ravens are contenders next year, but it shouldn't be because of who they lost to FA or retirement.
    aren't you in atl, and it's st. paddy's day. what you doing posting bro.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I am in BR, note the posting time brah

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

People still get drunk on st patty's day?

GATTACA!

BG Level

yesterday at least 75% of the people in this town were drunk

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

oh right Liroy is like 22.

I remember when I thought it was fun to get drunk

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post

Thr age card, nigga you're slacking. then again no need for more with Chunny

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post

Not my fault you're like 56 with 10 mexican babies running around.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    Not my fault you're like 56 with 10 mexican babies running around.
    its okay bro enjoy it now until your balls drop

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast