1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Letter from the Producer, XLIII (02/15/2013)

Source:
    Letter from the Producer, XLIII (02/15/2013)

Hello again to all of you eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Yoshi-P here, and I survived my flight, allowing me to bring you the forty-third Letter from the Producer from San Francisco! (I don't know why I have to fly everywhere. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/i...milies/eek.png)

I'm sorry for taking so long to put up this letter, but the news you've all been waiting for is finally here. Assuming no dastardly bugs or server errors slow us down, phase 1 of the beta test will begin on February 25!

The roadmap we released has the schedule set for mid-February, so the start is about a week late. However, the extra time has allowed us to prepare more system features and character options for testing. While you all enjoy the game, I hope you also provide us with tons of feedback like you did during the alpha test.

I've been on a roll with screenshots lately, so here are a few from our own phase 1 testing that I found tucked away on my hard drive.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_0.jpg

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_1.jpg

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_2.jpg

The following screenshots are of a new system that will be ready for testing from phase 1: Full Active Time Events, or FATE for short. These events will take place in non-instanced areas and appear at random. Players can participate by simply being within proximity of the event, and there's no need to form parties. Rewards are automatically distributed when it's over, making it easy to jump in and have fun.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_3.jpg

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_4.jpg

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_5.jpg

If you happen to come across one while you're out questing, give it a try. There will be several kinds, including some that are triggered by NPCs, so stay sharp!

In addition to FATE, another feature you can look forward to is the new guildhest system. This was originally the behest system in Version 1.0, but after tweaking it so much, we thought it deserved a new name. lol!

Even now, we're still making adjustments, so I can't promise it'll be ready in time for the start of phase 1. We may be forced to implement it later with a patch, but rest assured we'll try our best to stay on schedule.

Also, just like the alpha test, phase 1 of the beta test will be limited to the areas around Gridania. Quests from the main scenario will be available, but because these require travel to other nations at level 15, they will be limited. Sidequests are designed to accompany the main scenario, so it may be a bit of a pain to level up after that point. This won’t be the case in the official release version, but until then we ask that you do your leveling through the variety of content that will be available.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_6.jpg

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_7.jpg

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_8.jpg

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../16/8823_9.jpg

If you're up to the challenge, an instanced dungeon designed with level 30 players in mind will also be ready for testing. The boss has a few tricks up its sleeve that are sure to give you a run for your money. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/i...ies/tongue.png

Well, I had better get going. I’m going to fortify myself with a dinner of steak and red wine, then it’s on to the media tour!

I hope to see you all in my fifth LIVE letter when all this is over!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thank god for Legacy.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Thank god for Legacy.
    Indeed, super excited now!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I have a question... My account is not activated, and I cannot sign into the Lodestone. I cannot re-activate my character or pay for my crysta because the game is not running. I have Legacy...but will this prevent me from getting on the beta?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yeah i didn't get legacy because i didn't buy a 90 day block when the game was ending in two months. And i swear to unholy fuck, if i have to BUY another 60 dollar game when the first one gipped me, I'll burn it on youtube and howl like a goddamn banshee for SE to give me back my time.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

and by burn, i mean fire.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I am fairly certain if you already have a registered copy of the game to your SE account that the client download for 2.0 will be free. They'll likely release a collector's with some chocobo keychain or some shit that will make people want to buy it anyway though. God damn SE tugging on those nostalgic heart strings... moogles print money.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    I am fairly certain if you already have a registered copy of the game to your SE account that the client download for 2.0 will be free. They'll likely release a collector's with some chocobo keychain or some shit that will make people want to buy it anyway though. God damn SE tugging on those nostalgic heart strings... moogles print money.
    Yeah, we can only hope this is the case, however likely it may be. I really liked FFXIV, hell it was the first MMORPG that i ever got a max level character in! Though they messed up the warrior abilities in order for SE to polish up their butt-buddy PLD. Still excited about ARR though. ^_^

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

There's no need to hope this is the case, it was confirmed to be the case when they first announced V2 as it was known as back then.

25th is an annoying date for me, got a big night out planned so will likely miss it until the 27th.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    That is True

1)If you have Registered FFXIV 1.0 you get 2.0 PC free download
    2) Still have to buy PS3 version (no surprise there)
    3) I remember saying that if you bought 1.0 collector you would get 2.0 collector free or cheaper

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm not sure how they would enforce #3, nor have a I heard that before, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad business decision on their part.

The only other thing I can think of along those lines that's worth noting isssss

4) Your old 1.0 buddy pass codes are supposed to still be functional in 2.0.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yeah, we can only hope this is the case, however likely it may be. I really liked FFXIV, hell it was the first MMORPG that i ever got a max level character in! Though they messed up the warrior abilities in order for SE to polish up their butt-buddy PLD. Still excited about ARR though. ^_^
    I will set you on fire with my mind.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I haven't heard about that at all either... but if you can purchase ARR straight from them, they can see what editions are already registered on your Square-Enix account and apply a discount.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They did mention a possibility to upgrade to ARR CE but without any further explanation so I wouldn't try to guess too much how this will work.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    3) I remember saying that if you bought 1.0 collector you would get 2.0 collector free or cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I'm not sure how they would enforce #3, nor have a I heard that before, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad business decision on their part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    They did mention a possibility to upgrade to ARR CE but without any further explanation so I wouldn't try to guess too much how this will work.
    It's pretty easy to propagate CE benefits from 1.0 to ARR, at least any digital content. I'm sure that registration codes are tied to the edition of the game that they came with, so it should be a trivial matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    That is True

I remember no such thing. You get free 2.0 if you bought 1.0. When it comes to CE you are shit out of luck if you want the items in the new one.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I remember no such thing. You get free 2.0 if you bought 1.0. When it comes to CE you are shit out of luck if you want the items in the new one.
    Idk man... I recall this as well. However, it was never mentioned again after that. Was one of the translated items on the OF.

If it happens cool, but I won't hold my breath.

hmm I guess I missed it. Would be great if they gave us new digital items atleast

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleheart View Post
    I will set you on fire with my mind.
    WAR is DD and PLD is tank!!!! You give me back my traditional class roles now!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast