1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Forgot to mention, probably not noteworthy either

but got it, legacy as well

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

How dare they reward the people that supported the title through thick and thin by giving them priority over invites!

I'm not Legacy either and not likely to get invited until Phase 3 because my luck with these things is shit but why is it end of the world for these people when they aren't first? Looks like that person is getting a royal ripping into which he/she deserves and hilarious to read.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    I'm not Legacy either and not likely to get invited until Phase 3 because my luck with these things is shit but why is it end of the world for these people when they aren't first?
    Countless times have I applied for betas. This is one of the first that I've had a way of securing an actual beta invite.

I don't recall ever weeping into my pillow over it or cancelling a pre-order or being less hyped about a game because I "didn't get beta access" to help bug test. This must be like some entitled person or a person who misunderstands what a beta is for. Or both.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My cup runneth over with the lamentations of non-legacy. I shall quench my thirst as I drinketh mine fill of tears.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

are dl's supposed to commence on the 25th or will they be available before then?

tol

we beta now

Got one as well, legacy ftw!

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I don't understand why people make such a big idea over BETA's. I missed Legacy by 1 month, I don't even give a shit if I never get into the BETA. To be honest, I would want people who at least qualified for Legacy to be the first ones on the damn BETA because they cared enough to pay for 3 months when the game was terrible. I mean they will hopefully provide quality feedback over those who just want "early access" which is how most view BETA's these days.

Why all the QQ now anyway? people knew what the deal was a long time ago about Legacy members being rewarded for their loyalty. These people need to shut the fuck up, they should have cared enough to get Legacy if they wanted the perks that came with it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Is there any information on how long beta phase 1 is supposed to last? No invite as non-legacy here, as expected.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Is there any information on how long beta phase 1 is supposed to last? No invite as non-legacy here, as expected.
    I haven't seen anything but I also don't have my token to log into the forums.

Vuitton

Legacy and got my beta invite today. FWIW, I was also in Alpha. (And I also registered the FFXIII PS3 Code and CE code, if those do anything.)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    are dl's supposed to commence on the 25th or will they be available before then?
    Hope its sooner then that honestly, maybe at the live letter.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

First phase is projected to be 2-4 weeks long, with 2 weeks after for implementation of changes from feedback. And om nom nom nom delicious tears.

Yall actin like Legacy only gives you early access to beta content that will be wiped regardless before anything gets saved for you to port to retail. That shit gives me lifetime discount for the lifespan of the game, about a 5 dollar monthly discount. That shit is cash son. I'd gladly give up my early access for the discount, shit.

Vuitton

Learn your place, non-legacy peasants!
    Indeed!

I shall ride my special edition chocobo mount and rub its ass in your faces.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

In like Flynn.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

People are going crazy for no reason because of the "*Registration codes for service accounts that do not qualify as a Legacy member will be announced before the start of Beta Test phase 3." line. I'm pretty sure it just means that if you have two FFXIV accounts linked to the same SE ID, and one has legacy status and the other one doesn't, that the one that doesn't have legacy status will receive a beta invite before phase 3, when everyone with a FFXIV account will be invited....

I'm sure they will also be doing random invites along with the the legacy invites.... they wouldn't be sending out emails constantly for the last month to everyone announcing that beta is starting soon and you better sign up now if not.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Countless times have I applied for betas.
    Ditto. I think I'm cursed, for the most part. Although I think it has more to do with the one time I got into a beta and slapped the cock out of the Creative Director's mouth regarding if his game was ready for release. In front of the entire dev team and tester staff.

Oh Horizons. The fire from your crash roasted many a marshmallow.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Dun really care about the lifetime discount or whatever else comes with it. If the game's worth playing then I'll be paying. I know myself too well to say otherwise. I'm more or less interested to see what they need me to do to make the beta a success.

And like people are saying. They will probably invite more non-Legacy people as the beta goes on even in the early stages because people gradually don't log in and they need more testers.

Happened with the alpha, will happen with the beta.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Surprised you would care more about beta than lifetime discount, but I guess everyone has their own outlook on things

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast